The Trade

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: The Trade 

Post#281 » by bondom34 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 12:34 am

Yeah, this is d first time I've really felt poorly about Brooks. Lamb is not good, Dion is just much worse.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Joest2003
Analyst
And1: 1,234

Post#282 » by Joest2003 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 12:54 am

spearsy23 wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:If Lamb sucks what does that make Waiters?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... 4=&p5=&p6=

Im not making a argument im stating facts so I guess the facts are trash. kinda like Waiters.

Waiters has been nuclear waste all season, unfortunately that only makes garbage look slightly more attractive. I liked the trade because I assumed Waiters and Lamb would get to battle for minutes and we'd ride whoever was sucking less each night, instead we've gotten this train wreck where Waiters is given free rein, Lamb tanks any value and the best player on the bench gets his minutes cut. This is the first time I've actually been upset with Brooks, and I have a feeling it's got a little bit to do with Presti because no sane person could watch Dion and feel he deserves 30 minutes over Reggie, or deserves guaranteed minutes.

I hear ya man. I think Lamb is being traded and they dont want to risk him getting hurt or lowing his trade value because there is no way Waiters deserves the minutes he gets while Lamb gets DNP's. Looks like RJ is on his way out as well so that could have something to do with his limited role lately. Thats really the only thing I can think of.
Joest2003
Analyst

Post#283 » by Joest2003 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 1:06 am

bondom34 wrote:Yeah, this is d first time I've really felt poorly about Brooks. Lamb is not good, Dion is just much worse.

Dion Waiters started 77 games and played well over double the NBA minutes that Lamb has. He also has a lower career fg%, 3pt%, and FT%. Waiters is what Waiters is, hes not willing to change he proved that when he couldn't even buy into Lebron's system and look what happened to the Cavs soon as he left. Trying to assume what Lamb will become after starting only 8 games in the NBA is a joke. But one thing is for sure, he will end up being a better player than Waiters considering he already is while he cant even get 3 minutes a game.
Joest2003
Analyst

Post#284 » by Joest2003 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 1:15 am

Podirk wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Anybody want an inefficient chucker who is average defensively, can't shoot and doesn't know how to pass? Two for one sale going on here.

I hope your not talking about Waiters because your stuck with him now. Congratulations Brooks you turned RJ into useless bench player and took a huge sh*t on Lamb by bringing in a guy with lower FG%, 3point%, and PER and giving him every single one of his minutes. I could have sworn the point of a coach and gm is to win games...Do you really think its a coincidence the Cavs just peeled off like a 15 game win streak as soon he left but when he was there it was a complete dumpster fire?? :crazy: If you cant be a team player when you have Lebron on your team you are just a lost cause.

RJ was wining and Lamb sucked far before Waiters.
Cavs I'm gonna guess have more to point at then waiters leaving, like LBJ being healthy, Mozgov, the whole team finally gelling.
I'm not advocating for or against Dion, but your arguments are trash.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... nced::none

This is very alarming. These are advanced stats, not opinions.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#285 » by bondom34 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 1:24 am

Joest2003 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Yeah, this is d first time I've really felt poorly about Brooks. Lamb is not good, Dion is just much worse.

Dion Waiters started 77 games and played well over double the NBA minutes that Lamb has. He also has a lower career fg%, 3pt%, and FT%. Waiters is what Waiters is, hes not willing to change he proved that when he couldn't even buy into Lebron's system and look what happened to the Cavs soon as he left. Trying to assume what Lamb will become after starting only 8 games in the NBA is a joke. But one thing is for sure, he will end up being a better player than Waiters considering he already is while he cant even get 3 minutes a game.

Oh, I'm on the same page as you and spearsy w/ this. Waiters is a trainwreck, I got nothing to even say there. I wish we'd have seen more of Lamb, but I've given up on the idea b/c at this point he hasn't played in months, and I have no idea what happened to prompt it, but hey, its over now. I honestly wish the kid the best, and if he tears it up someday, good on him.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Podirk
Senior
And1: 179

Post#286 » by Podirk » Sun Feb 8, 2015 5:38 am

Joest2003 wrote:
Podirk wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:
I hope your not talking about Waiters because your stuck with him now. Congratulations Brooks you turned RJ into useless bench player and took a huge sh*t on Lamb by bringing in a guy with lower FG%, 3point%, and PER and giving him every single one of his minutes. I could have sworn the point of a coach and gm is to win games...Do you really think its a coincidence the Cavs just peeled off like a 15 game win streak as soon he left but when he was there it was a complete dumpster fire?? :crazy: If you cant be a team player when you have Lebron on your team you are just a lost cause.

Cavs I'm gonna guess have more to point at then waiters leaving, like LBJ being healthy, Mozgov, the whole team finally gelling.

If Lamb sucks what does that make Waiters?

Im not making a argument im stating facts so I guess the facts are trash. kinda like Waiters.

It means they both suck....

Your whole list of facts up there are anything but...
you said: I hope your not talking about Waiters because your stuck with him now.
Truth: he can be traded..aka not stuck

You said: brooks turned Reggie into a useless bench player by bringing in Waiters
Truth: Reggie has been pouting and off for a while now..but you'd actually have to watch the games.

You said lamb was crapped on by bringing waiters in..so waiters affected lamb
Truth: lamb was getting DNPs before soon and is still getting them.

You make an assumption that Dion leaving the Cavs equals there turn around
Truth: getting lebron healthy, trading for Mozgov, and jr and iman, and having even more time to work in love may have had a little to do with it.
"no more questions for you bro.......troll"
Joest2003
Analyst

Post#287 » by Joest2003 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 7:11 am

Podirk wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:
Podirk wrote:

If Lamb sucks what does that make Waiters?

It means they both suck....

Your whole list of facts up there are anything but...
you said: I hope your not talking about Waiters because your stuck with him now.
Truth: he can be traded..aka not stuck

You said: brooks turned Reggie into a useless bench player by bringing in Waiters
Truth: Reggie has been pouting and off for a while now..but you'd actually have to watch the games.

You said lamb was crapped on by bringing waiters in..so waiters affected lamb
Truth: lamb was getting DNPs before soon and is still getting them.

You make an assumption that Dion leaving the Cavs equals there turn around
Truth: getting lebron healthy, trading for Mozgov, and jr and iman, and having even more time to work in love may have had a little to do with it.

Cool story bro, The facts are when you look at the advanced stat comparison its not even close, Lamb is far ahead of waiters with a fraction of the experience. Another fact is the cavs got better when he left because he was the biggest net negative and it wasn't even close.
Podirk
Senior

Post#288 » by Podirk » Sun Feb 8, 2015 2:28 pm

Joest2003 wrote:
Cool story bro, The facts are when you look at the advanced stat comparison its not even close, Lamb is far ahead of waiters with a fraction of the experience. Another fact is the cavs got better when he left because he was the biggest net negative and it wasn't even close.

Facts are facts, just add Dions name to the list of players who are worse then Lamb :roll: but get to play over him.

Liggins
Butler
Fisher
Roberson
Morrow
Jones
Smith
Waiters
Joest2003
Analyst

Post#289 » by Joest2003 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 4:47 pm

Podirk wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:

Facts are facts, just add Dions name to the list of players who are worse then Lamb :roll: but get to play over him.

Liggins
Butler
Fisher
Roberson
Morrow
Jones
Smith
Waiters

Off topic much?
Podirk
Senior

Post#290 » by Podirk » Sun Feb 8, 2015 9:37 pm

Joest2003 wrote:
Podirk wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:

Liggins
Butler
Fisher
Roberson
Morrow
Jones
Smith
Waiters

Off topic much?

Your right, why would I talk about Waiters in a thread titled The Trade, referring to a trade involving Waiters. And even more why would I bring up the fact that Lamb who 'statistically is far ahead of waiters' can't get minutes over Waiters....gasp....am I pointing out that statistics maybe don't tell the whole story??? That there is one thing that's definetely consistent here's...
Joest2003
Analyst

Post#291 » by Joest2003 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 11:39 pm

Podirk wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:
Podirk wrote:

Liggins
Butler
Fisher
Roberson
Morrow
Jones
Smith
Waiters

Off topic much?

Your right, why would I talk about Waiters in a thread titled The Trade, referring to a trade involving Waiters. And even more why would I bring up the fact that Lamb who 'statistically is far ahead of waiters' can't get minutes over Waiters....gasp....am I pointing out that statistics maybe don't tell the whole story??? That there is one thing that's definetely consistent here's...

I was talking about Waiters and Lamb THIS SEASON and you brought up like 7 other players from a span of like 3 years....so yeah that was off topic...
Podirk
Senior

Post#292 » by Podirk » Mon Feb 9, 2015 3:47 am

Joest2003 wrote:
Podirk wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:
Off topic much?

I was talking about Waiters and Lamb THIS SEASON and you brought up like 7 other players from a span of like 3 years....so yeah that was off topic...

Same song and dance, hence the list. Lamb was a 'better player' then liggins but couldn't get minutes in front of him...take out liggins and put in waiters...some names change but one stays the same, consistently (ironically)
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant
And1: 934

Post#293 » by Bravenewworld » Fri Apr 3, 2015 2:56 am

Podirk wrote:Same song and dance, hence the list. Lamb was a 'better player' then liggins but couldn't get minutes in front of him...take out liggins and put in waiters...some names change but one stays the same, consistently (ironically)

Haven't you heard?
Lamb is the third best player on OKC.

Its why teams are knocking down our door to trade for him. That idiot Presti simply refused to trade him for the four picks the 76ers were offering us. And that idiot Brooks has no idea what he's doing.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder