Half Way Home

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Half Way Home 

Post#1 » by bondom34 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:50 am

Well, the exact midpoint of the season, so figured I'd get some thoughts on a few things:

Who/what was:

MVP?
LVP?
Best Win?
Worst Loss?
Biggest Concern?
Best Thing Making You Confident?

For me:
1. Its still Russ, though KD has been awesome. Russ is playing better than in the past and has just been healthy longer, though I'd expect KD to pass him for this by season's end.

2. Hate to say it, and it hurts, but Collison's done.

3. Weird again, but the first one (Denver). The starting lineup was Bassy/Robes/PJ/Ibaka/Adams. Just :lol:. Those games were tough to watch.

4. Portland, up 10 w/ a minute and a half left. Just gut punch.

5. Still not consistenly good on offense, they patched a W vs. Miami tonight, but still not great, hoping it gets better.

6. Heath. Keep it.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Re: Half Way Home 

Post#2 » by spearsy23 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:35 am

MVP- the entire non KD/Russ squad. Despite the injuries, we're still in the playoff picture in the west. It might not have been pretty, and there have been issues since KD/Russ got back, but realistically we shouldn't be in the hunt right now.

LVP- Grant Jerrett. I still don't know why we signed him, he's just eating into the lux tax money now.

Best win- both pho games. Those could be extremely important two months from now.

Worst loss- cheating again, back to back losses, first to GSW where we didn't look like we belonged on the same tier, then to Sac getting thoroughly outplayed by an average team.

Concerns- the lack of a starting caliber SG, the inconsistencies of Reggie and Dion, and only having three consistent floor spacers on the team.

Confidence- Oddly enough it's Dion Waiters. Doubling up on inconsistent me first scorers doubles the chances one of them will play well on any given night, like we just saw. Hopefully he'll eventually be able to do it nightly, but for now being able to alternate him and Reggie based on who is hotter is a badly needed necessity.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Thunderhead
Senior
And1: 287

Post#3 » by Thunderhead » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:08 pm

MVP = Russ

LVP = Gotta agree with Spearsy, I've seen contributions from everyone but Jerrett

Best Win = GSW last Friday, not fully seen yet, but cud've kicked off a long run

Worst Loss = SAC a couple weeks ago, they really needed that win

Biggest Concern = Roberson's shooting, really do need him to complement KD. Evidently, coaches see something in practice that's not translating to the court during games. He only has to hit that corner three, regularly enough to keep a defense honest. Hope we see that.

Confidence = Way team is playing now, they appear to be gaining mid season form, look like they have in past seasons.
DontH8TheBrody
Junior
And1: 394

Post#4 » by DontH8TheBrody » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:14 am

I just threw 100 down on us to take it all this year with 10-1 odds.

Hoping my boys can send me on a nice championship celebration to Mexico!

MVP: Russ, if he had longer to play by himself his numbers would be absolutely insane. Top 5 in scoring and leading in steals.
LVP: Lamb. don't think it was all his fault, Brooks had a very quick leash with him, but he needed to breakout this year and he didn't really capture the moment.
Best Win: Last game in WSH was a huge one.
Worst Loss: Portland for sure.
Confidence: I truly believe we have the most talented team in the league. When they are on, maybe 2 of the best 3 players in the league. I think this could be the year. We are 22-20 and I still in my heart consider us the favourites against anybody.

Lets end ATL's 14 gamer, and Ill change my biggest win! THUNDER UP!
    PG: Westbrook/Jackson/Smith
    SG: Roberson/Morrow/Lamb
    SF: Durant/Jones/Lamb
    PF: Ibaka/Collison/McGary
    C: Adams/Perkins

THUNDER UP 0 | 35 | 9 |15 | 11 | 3 | 12

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder