Start Jeremy Lamb!
15%

Total votes: 20

Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,498

Re: The Big Question 

Post#21 » by Kizz Fastfists » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:15 pm

When the trade happened I expected Adams to remain the starter. I also thought that while Kanter would be a nice boost for the offense and could really help drive the second unit he would get lost in the starting lineup. However, Kanter has shown that he fits great with the starters and that with the improved scoring in the post it should prevent a lot of those slow starts we have seen in the past when jumpers just weren't falling and they didn't have anyone to get the ball to down low.

Kanter should start. Adams will be a very valuable player off the bench. Ibaka, Kanter, Adams and McGary is going to be a very good big man rotation for the next few years. Adams and McGary could be the best big men coming off the bench next year. I'm still not sold on McGary staying healthy, but the Thunder finally have a group of bigs that it is hard to complain about and the oldest is only 25 years old! Yes, I'm excluding Collison as he's on his last legs and I expect him to be the back of the bench big when the other four are all healthy. I think Collison is going to be more coach than player the next few years, but considering McGary, Adams and Kanter are all 22 and under a veteran like Collison who is respected around the league being able to help them develop and being someone they should listen to is valuable even if he isn't the player he used to be.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#22 » by Pillendreher » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:24 am

Kanter really got exposed on defense vs. Phoenix. His p&r coverage was poor. Let's hope he's not really that bad...
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#23 » by spearsy23 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:42 pm

Pillendreher wrote:Kanter really got exposed on defense vs. Phoenix. His p&r coverage was poor. Let's hope he's not really that bad...

Yep, but this is where it will be nice to have Adams back. If Kanter is struggling defensively we don't have to leave him in. Also, it wasn't just him last night, everyone was playing poor defense (at least in the first half, I have an interview this morning so I went to bed at halftime) and nobody looked energetic. It's a long season, losses happen, I just wish it hadn't been the team right behind us.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#24 » by Pillendreher » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:01 pm

I'm with you. Though Kanter is a bigger offensive threat, Adams still is decent finisher. The team should lose too much offensive punch by putting Adams back in there.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Thunderhead
Senior
And1: 287

Post#25 » by Thunderhead » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:14 pm

Pillendreher wrote:Kanter really got exposed on defense vs. Phoenix. His p&r coverage was poor. Let's hope he's not really that bad...

Yes, what we've heard about his defense from SLC , is proving to be true.

Not only PnR, but I don't think I've seen so many uncontested layups in a Thunder game, since maybe the Nenad Krstic days, or maybe before him. Rotations were not just slow, they were non existant.
Dry Fly
Starter
And1: 928

Post#26 » by Dry Fly » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:37 pm

It should be interesting to see who Brooks starts. I think you guys need defense more than offense so I would go with Adams. Kanter can play better defense than he showed last night. He has problems with focus and really needs to be motivated although the motivation given may be why he wanted out of Utah. I hope your coach can get the best out of him because he has a ton of talent.
Marcus50
Junior
And1: 85

Post#27 » by Marcus50 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 7:20 am

You are the first person I have come across including all the anti Adams trolls on DT that suggests Kanter is a better defender than Adams. Kanters couldn't guard a phone box so not sure how you come to that conclusion
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,936

Post#28 » by Mamba4Goat » Mon Mar 2, 2015 8:08 am

Personally, I think Lamb at center would probably be OKC's best bet..
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder