OKC Thunder Offseason 2015

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

OKC Thunder Offseason 2015 

Post#1 » by bondom34 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:40 am

Time for it to begin, lottery in May, draft late June, summer league, and a well rested start to next season. I'll say it now fellas, get league pass next year. Its gonna be a good one :D. Believe!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Re: OKC Thunder Offseason 2015 

Post#2 » by spearsy23 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:40 am

It's been a nice season on here, the traffic is well above what it was a couple of years ago. I may not agree with all of you all of the time, but it's nice getting perspective from other people who actually care about this team. Even though we missed out, I'm still proud and happy to be behind these guys. I think they embody exactly what we want to see, it's been all out effort on the court and they're genuinely good people off the court. I hope you're all back here next season (and during the Offseason, but I know how quiet it gets), because I think we have the most knowledgeable and respectable Thunder forum there is, even if we are smaller than the other guys.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by bondom34 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:43 am

Agree with spearsy, and thanks to you all!

I know a lot of team boards have trouble, and we really never have here. We may disagree on some stuff, but it never gets ugly. If you know any other fans who want to talk OKC hoops, let them know about it here, I'm glad and lucky to be a mod for you guys, you make it easy and fun. Here's to a healthy season next year, this year was all effort, and I think and hope they come into next year focused and pissed off. Get ready, and buy LP.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
KD35Brah
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,024

Post#4 » by KD35Brah » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:34 am

Great season for Russ.

Hopefully the whole team comes back better next season and HEALTHY!

I hope we get even more people in this section next season too.
KD35Brah
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,024

Post#5 » by KD35Brah » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:35 am

spearsy23 wrote:It's been a nice season on here, the traffic is well above what it was a couple of years ago. I may not agree with all of you all of the time, but it's nice getting perspective from other people who actually care about this team. Even though we missed out, I'm still proud and happy to be behind these guys. I think they embody exactly what we want to see, it's been all out effort on the court and they're genuinely good people off the court. I hope you're all back here next season (and during the Offseason, but I know how quiet it gets), because I think we have the most knowledgeable and respectable Thunder forum there is, even if we are smaller than the other guys.

As long as you guys are here, i'll try to be here.

I'll put my effort in to make this place more active as well.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Post#6 » by Kizz Fastfists » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:16 am

Waiting to watch the ping pong ball bounce. Didn't expect to be doing that this season. The way the NBA works OKC could end up with a top 3 pick though. The Cavs ended up hitting lucky a few years ago when they got the Clippers pick that was supposed to be at the back end of the lottery and hit the top spot to land them Kyrie.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
kd 35
Senior
And1: 605

Post#7 » by kd 35 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:06 am

I'm actually excited for the lottery and the draft process. Could you imagine?

As much as I wanted the team to make the playoffs, I think the guys need the extra time off this summer. Get everyone rested, recovered, and prepared to come back stronger than ever. We will need everyone at full strength next season. It's going to be special.

I'm proud of the team and I enjoy being a part of this tight-knit Thunder community. I'll mostly be lurking and lingering around the draft board this offseason to learn more about the draft prospects but I'll try not to completely vanish this offseason. I'd love to keep the board active over the summer. I enjoy reading the banter. :P
High level
Analyst
And1: 595

Post#8 » by High level » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:12 am

Keep your head up Thunder fans. Next year you guys are projected to win it all with a healthy roster. Westbrook although did not make playoffs still proved that he is an exceptional talent and had a great season. KD and Ibaka get ready for next season. #Thunderup. 8-)
Machete
Ballboy
And1: 6

New to this site 

Post#9 » by Machete » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:36 am

Hey how's everyone doing? I just wanted to start off by saying that I'm a huge Okc fan, and will always will be. It's a heart broken that no matter how much we fought through injuries throughout the whole year, We still came just a little short of playoffs. But maybe with all this extra time off, we can build our chemistry, get healthy and come back next year better than before. We just gotta keep our heads up! Go Okc!
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Post#10 » by Kizz Fastfists » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:12 am

If they were to win the lottery that would certainly open up a lot of options for the off-season. A S&T with Kanter would become a real possibility if they took Towns. It is also possible they would trade down, #1 for the #3 and future picks, and stick with their current big men while taking D'Angelo Russell as the new 6th man combo guard type. Realistically I'm looking at Devin Booker as the pick. Booker has the chance to be a very good SG on both ends of the court.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#11 » by Pillendreher » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:43 am

I just woke up from dreaming I somehow helped the team sign a healthy Wesley Matthews. Too bad I woke up to this nightmare of a season.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,239

Post#12 » by BadWolf » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:04 am

Tough luck in the end, but there were so many mistakes/bad games during the season and specially in final two weeks that is hard to blame luck for it. Other then injury luck.
Some big questions this off season. What to do with Kanter? Is he fools gold or great fit with starters. I wilding pay him more then 8 per, but market will dictate higher price.
I think it's time to move on from pj and lamb, let them try to succeed elsewhere. Draft a wing sg/SF, maybe get a bigger backup pg, ideally bring Abrines over and hope for injury free season.
My current targets in the draft are Dunn, Payne, Oubre and maybe Frank the Tank (if they do s&t with enes)
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#13 » by Pillendreher » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:57 am

"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by bondom34 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:03 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--t ... 54505.html

You're kidding me if they fire him for Billy Donovan.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#15 » by Pillendreher » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:14 pm

I don't know Billy Donovan. I gather from your post that he's not that good....

I don't think they should fire Brooks after this season. If they think about it because of his lack of offensive system it should have happened years ago, not after this **** of a season.

I'd only consider replacing Brooks if the team can get someone that can instantly push the Thunder to the next level. Thibs maybe. Other than that, no thank you.
Podirk
Senior
And1: 179

Post#16 » by Podirk » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:22 pm

bondom34 wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--t ... 54505.html

You're kidding me if they fire him for Billy Donovan.

This is nuts...I would scoff uncontrollably at it if it wasn't Woj...
If while Durant has been sitting with Presti he dropped some hints...I could see this happening, but not otherwise.

Donovan won 2 championships with Florida (? I believe ?) and was on team USA so might have a little bit of a relationship with KD and RW.
"no more questions for you bro.......troll"
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by bondom34 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:25 pm

Pillendreher wrote:I don't know Billy Donovan. I gather from your post that he's not that good....

I don't think they should fire Brooks after this season. If they think about it because of his lack of offensive system it should have happened years ago, not after this **** of a season.

I'd only consider replacing Brooks if the team can get someone that can instantly push the Thunder to the next level. Thibs maybe. Other than that, no thank you.

Donovan is an OK college coach. He was hired by the Magic a few years ago, but literally was ready to go to an intro press conference and backed out, the Magic let him free of his newly signed contract, and his college took him back. I want no part of him.
Podirk
Senior
And1: 179

Post#18 » by Podirk » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:34 pm

Offseason hopes...

KD appreciates OKCs commitment throughout the injuries and signs an extension, heals well (let me dream)
Kanter focuses on defense before and after signing a 4 year 44mill contract
Roberson and Huestis focus on their shooting stroke
Mitch and Nick put in a lot of practice together
Dion works on driving and finishing in traffic with head coach Scott Brooks
Perk is signed as a big mans coach
"no more questions for you bro.......troll"
Thunderhead
Senior
And1: 287

Post#19 » by Thunderhead » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:57 pm

If you can make a dead solid perfect guaranteed upgrade at the head coach position, I would make that move. I would do whatever I thought made the team better.

But I'm not sure who that coach would be, that would be the sure thing upgrade. Any coaching change is a slippery slope.
NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#20 » by NaturalThunder » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:13 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:I don't know Billy Donovan. I gather from your post that he's not that good....

Donovan is an OK college coach. He was hired by the Magic a few years ago, but literally was ready to go to an intro press conference and backed out, the Magic let him free of his newly signed contract, and his college took him back. I want no part of him.

I really don't really want Donovan either, but he's better than an OK college coach. He's an excellent college coach and one of the best in the country.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder