The Vent Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

The Vent Thread 

Post#1 » by bondom34 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:26 am

I'm making this in response to a few things, and wanted it hereto sound off for whoever needs it instead of getting mad at people on other forums who seem to just not get some things. So for me:

OKC missed the playoffs, big whoop. Ultimately they saw more injuries than anyone imagined and still tied for 8th with the 3 best players all missing at least a month.

Harden has nothing to do with Kanter, and frankly hasn't been on OKC in about 3 years now. I don't care about him.

Oh, and if you want to say it was the wrong move to match Kanter, what would you say if they didn't? If you'd caall them cheap, then you're having it both ways huh?

OKC is not, and hasn't been "cheap". They got a new part owner in 2014 who's spending, and they're ready to roll.

Kevin Durant is happy in Oklahoma City.

If anyone ever needs this thread to ramble, go for it, because I'm sick and tired of getting frustrated on the general board and elsewhere.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Re: The Vent Thread 

Post#2 » by spearsy23 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:51 am

Andre Roberson is better than you. Deal with it.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#3 » by Old Man Game » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:01 am

bondom34 wrote:I'm making this in response to a few things, and wanted it hereto sound off for whoever needs it instead of getting mad at people on other forums who seem to just not get some things. So for me:

OKC missed the playoffs, big whoop. Ultimately they saw more injuries than anyone imagined and still tied for 8th with the 3 best players all missing at least a month.

Harden has nothing to do with Kanter, and frankly hasn't been on OKC in about 3 years now. I don't care about him.

Oh, and if you want to say it was the wrong move to match Kanter, what would you say if they didn't? If you'd caall them cheap, then you're having it both ways huh?

OKC is not, and hasn't been "cheap". They got a new part owner in 2014 who's spending, and they're ready to roll.

If anyone ever needs this thread to ramble, go for it, because I'm sick and tired of getting frustrated on the general board and elsewhere.

Personally, I couldn't care less if people think ownership is cheap. As long as the court product is good I'm cool.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by bondom34 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:03 am

Old Man Game wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I'm making this in response to a few things, and wanted it hereto sound off for whoever needs it instead of getting mad at people on other forums who seem to just not get some things. So for me:

Personally, I couldn't care less if people think ownership is cheap. As long as the court product is good I'm cool.

I'm with you, had a long day that day and needed to rant. Felt good though so I left the thread up in case anyone needs it sometime. Its fun! :lol:
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by bondom34 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:20 am

Oh, and part of why I made this was brought back to memory. GSW fans are (largely) insufferable. How dare you question the greatness of Curry and team ball. Westbrook is a low IQ chucker while Curry is the greatest of the great, always willing to pass, but not too much, just the right amount. No one may question that OKC has any chance against their clearly superior team.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by bondom34 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:53 am

I say that and get a really nice reply from Manute Lol.
HeartSouloma
Sixth Man
And1: 615

Post#7 » by HeartSouloma » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:08 pm

Lol, you should not stress yourself on those fools. They will hate on our team regardless. Remember it's sports, so there will always be naysayers.
Scrapboy12
Ballboy
And1: 1

The Vent Thread 

Post#8 » by Scrapboy12 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:39 am

Am I the only one that sees the rumors that Westbrook and Durant want to leave OKC as completely ridiculous? They clearly aren't gonna quit now after everything they've helped build. Right?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by bondom34 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:09 am

Scrapboy12 wrote:

Am I the only one that sees the rumors that Westbrook and Durant want to leave OKC as completely ridiculous? They clearly aren't gonna quit now after everything they've helped build. Right?

1. Nope, I'm seeing the same, I'm not seeing many teams have guys set up offseason voluntary workouts or show up to summer league without reason.

2. Welcome! :D
Bravenewworld
Lead Assistant
And1: 934

Post#10 » by Bravenewworld » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:10 am

Scrapboy12 wrote:Am I the only one that sees the rumors that Westbrook and Durant want to leave OKC as completely ridiculous? They clearly aren't gonna quit now after everything they've helped build. Right?

The people who suggest this are basing it on three things.

1. They are just repeating what some people on ESPN say.
There are a few on ESPN who are convinced (without reason) that KD and/or Westbrook will leave. They repeat this over and over when on the topic and the people who lap up ESPN's BS also suck that up.

2. They are basing what KD will do on the LBJ to Miami thing and then the LBJ to Cavs thing.
So the first part of this is some people think he will go to another team to contend the way LBJ did. The problem is they dont seem to understand, unless its the Spurs there is no better option and i think both KD and Westbrook have enough disdain for the Spurs and respect for OKC to not go there. The rest of these teams we hear thrown in the mix are generally laugbale. The Bullets have nothing to offer that OKC does not do better. NYK is...... no one wants to go to that wreck of a team. LAL, no one wants to go to that wreck of a team. And Miami....Miami might have a little bit of substance to it, but its still very unrealistic. He is still in a better situation with OKC and can make more money.

The second part of this is the idea that he wants to go back "home". Which is rather silly. LBJ going back to Ohio was far more of a business decision then people make it out to be. The firm he is partial owner of is massively invested in players in that state and he is a very seriously businessman in this sense. He wants to ensure a return and success. This was a sacrifice for him.
KD has ties in OKC now, DC is not the only place he would call home, his family has been relocated already. Same with Westbrook. And again, neither would be in better situations at either of those teams and both of those teams would need to go through a couple year.... "defining" phase before they contended. I think its safe to say that neither of those players want to go through that.

3. They think the "big market" thing is still relevant.
Modern travel really did a number for the "big market" argument.
The new CBA, killed it.

There were two benefits to the big market up until maybe 10 years ago and then two years ago.
One being the big city appeal. Which is something that does not appeal to everyone, but i can easily see how it would. Having everything at your fingertips is a good selling point. Now we live in the age where we just saw JR Smith fly from Cleveland to Miami, have a doctors appointment to drain his knee, and then Miami to Cleveland all before noon in game five of the finals. Parsons staying in Texas is another great example.
For the most part i think we can chalk this up as a non-factor.

The other factor was these larger teams would be more inclined to spend far more money on stacking the team. Under the old CBA there was far less of a penalty and now, no team in the NBA wants to get too high into that lux tax.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,497

Post#11 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:19 am

The only reason KD leaves is if he suddenly wants to go home and play in DC. He liked the idea of staying in DC so much that he ran to Austin, TX the first chance he got at picking where to play ball. With the cap increasing KD could go to a lot of places. I just don't see it happening as there isn't really anywhere that would give him a better chance to win. Until I hear that KD is building/renovating a home in the DC area like he has done in OKC I'm not worried about it. I just can't see someone that was in such a hurry to get out of a place go back. If he'd played his college ball at Georgetown or somewhere else in the middle of the East Coast I'd have some level of concern about him wanting to go back.

I guess it is also possible that KD goes to Cleveland or Golden State, potentially at a discount, just to ring chase. I just can't see him doing that.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by bondom34 » Fri Nov 6, 2015 3:51 am

DONOVAN'S A FREAKIN MORON!
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#13 » by spearsy23 » Fri Nov 6, 2015 4:49 am

All Donovan needs to fix is his offense, defense, rotations, motivating and stupid freaking face and he'll be a good coach.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by bondom34 » Fri Nov 6, 2015 4:51 am

Oh, and good call by Presti. Lamb with 16 and 4 in 24 minutes. Outproducing any bench wings on OKC. Give it a year and he'll lock up Dion so we can watch him with Singler and Kanter for the foreseeable future.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#15 » by spearsy23 » Fri Nov 6, 2015 4:59 am

It just occurred to me that BNW could actually be Presti. It would make some sense, he loves Singler, Dion and Donovan, and I've never seen them in the same room together :o
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by bondom34 » Fri Nov 6, 2015 5:07 am

spearsy23 wrote:It just occurred to me that BNW could actually be Presti. It would make some sense, he loves Singler, Dion and Donovan, and I've never seen them in the same room together :o

We get to blame him if/when KD leaves? Cuz I'm in full panic mode. And Donovan semi called out Russ postgame on the switching PnR.
Podirk
Senior
And1: 179

Post#17 » by Podirk » Fri Nov 6, 2015 2:49 pm

bondom34 wrote:Oh, and good call by Presti. Lamb with 16 and 4 in 24 minutes. Outproducing any bench wings on OKC. Give it a year and he'll lock up Dion so we can watch him with Singler and Kanter for the foreseeable future.

If history has taught us anything it's always, ALWAYS bet against Lamb.

I could go into the long list of scrubs that started over him b/c 1. he sucks at D and 2. he is inconsistent but I won't cause I know you've seen it before.

Lamb has always had the talent offensively, it was just consistency, and OKC didn't/doesn't have the time or shots to get him there.
"no more questions for you bro.......troll"
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by bondom34 » Fri Nov 6, 2015 2:55 pm

Podirk wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Oh, and good call by Presti. Lamb with 16 and 4 in 24 minutes. Outproducing any bench wings on OKC. Give it a year and he'll lock up Dion so we can watch him with Singler and Kanter for the foreseeable future.

I could go into the long list of scrubs that started over him b/c 1. he sucks at D and 2. he is inconsistent but I won't cause I know you've seen it before.

Lamb has always had the talent offensively, it was just consistency, and OKC didn't/doesn't have the time or shots to get him there.

Well, they've got Waiters, who is consistent, but consistently worse than Lamb.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#19 » by spearsy23 » Fri Nov 6, 2015 3:36 pm

Podirk wrote:

This excuse might fly if we weren't playing Dion, Singler and DJ.
Podirk
Senior
And1: 179

Post#20 » by Podirk » Fri Nov 6, 2015 4:07 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Podirk wrote:

Well, they've got Waiters, who is consistent, but consistently worse than Lamb.

Waiters is not worse than Lamb on D.
Lamb is (maybe was...but probably is) pathetic on Defense and his inconsistent offense never made up for it.
"no more questions for you bro.......troll"

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder