Player prediction thread: sg

Moderators: Dadouv47, retrobro90

spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Player prediction thread: sg 

Post#1 » by spearsy23 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:45 am

Robes: I have absolutely no idea what's going to happen at this position, and I have no idea what Robes will look like this season. I wouldn't be shocked if he came in and knocked down 35% of his 3's and earned more playing time, but I'd expect that he continues to be hit and miss while playing lockdown defense. I do think he'll start and I do think he should start, but I think someone else will get the majority of the minutes. KD's return from injury means someone is getting pushed out of the rotation, I don't think it will be Andre.

Morrow: we all know what A-Mo is. He's going to hit threes. The question is: how often will he be put on the court to do it? I think he's probably the favorite to get the most minutes at SG, and I don't think he will. I expect him to fight with Singler for the backup SF minutes and ultimately one of them will be pushed out of the rotation, I hope it will be Kyle.

Dion: I'm going to shock everyone here- I think Dion is going to have a solid year. :o I don't think he's a good player or a winning player, but I do think he has a skill set that meshes well with BD's offense, he has Russ and KD behind him, and he's in a contract year. I think he'll be seeing the most minutes out of all of our sg's (I think that's a mistake, but I don't see Andre getting more minutes) and I think he'll still make some boneheaded plays but will ultimately settle in and make almost as many good plays as bad. It's sad that I think he'll 'shockingly' be a net neutral player.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Re: Player prediction thread: sg 

Post#2 » by Andre Roberstan » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:18 pm

We think remarkably similarly here.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#3 » by bondom34 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:00 pm

I'm in the same boat, but more "hopeful" and less "optimistic" on Dion. Hope he proves me wrong, I'd love to be off on this entirely.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Podirk
Senior
And1: 179

Post#4 » by Podirk » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:20 pm

Robes will be the starter and take another step closer to being the Thabo we always wanted. Solid defense and a 33% 3pt year.

Dion will play solid while not great defense and finally figure out how to finish consistently in the paint.

Morrow will give himself whiplash while headbanging after hitting a buzzer beater.
"no more questions for you bro.......troll"
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by bondom34 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:15 pm

One point I'd add is Kanter works best w/ Robes, and as much as I want him to start that could change things. Crow/Stat Raven posted on WTLC:
http://www.welcometoloudcity.com/2015/9/25/9399373/kanter-lineups-w-wo-roberson-or-ibaka
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
ThunderFan123
Junior
And1: 13

Post#6 » by ThunderFan123 » Sun Oct 4, 2015 6:29 pm

If Roberson can improve his 3PT shot he will be a good player. He is a good defender I am just worried about his offense
improvisor
Rookie
And1: 430

Re: RE: Re: Player prediction thread: sg 

Post#7 » by improvisor » Mon Oct 5, 2015 4:13 am

ThunderFan123 wrote:If Roberson can improve his 3PT shot he will be a good player. He is a good defender I am just worried about his offense

I would start marrow or even Waiters instead Imo he's the worst offensive starting Shooting guard in the league.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by bondom34 » Mon Oct 5, 2015 4:57 am

improvisor wrote:
ThunderFan123 wrote:If Roberson can improve his 3PT shot he will be a good player. He is a good defender I am just worried about his offense

I would start marrow or even Waiters instead Imo he's the worst offensive starting Shooting guard in the league.

They don't need offense, they need defense. He's pretty easily better than Dion (even on offense, he at least knows his limits), and he's a better fit than Morrow w/ the starters.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#9 » by spearsy23 » Mon Oct 5, 2015 7:30 am

improvisor wrote:

He's also the best defensive SG in the league, a better offensive player than Waiters, and by far the best fit with KD, Russ and Serge. The offense was also better with him on the court than off last year.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
ThunderFan123
Junior
And1: 13

Post#10 » by ThunderFan123 » Mon Oct 5, 2015 12:25 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
improvisor wrote:

He's also the best defensive SG in the league, a better offensive player than Waiters, and by far the best fit with KD, Russ and Serge. The offense was also better with him on the court than off last year.

Roberson is not our best SG but he fits best with current starters. I wouldn't mind seeing a small ball lineup of

Westbrook

Roberson

Morrow

Durant

Ibaka.

I think we could utilize Morrow and Roberson perfectly in this setting
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#11 » by spearsy23 » Mon Oct 5, 2015 7:56 pm

ThunderFan123 wrote:
Roberson is not our best SG but he fits best with current starters.

I disagree. I think it's close between Morrow and Robes but I'll take Andre's defense and finishing.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by bondom34 » Mon Oct 5, 2015 7:57 pm

Yeah, its close, I'm more a believer in Roberson and think Morrow's punch off the bench is better.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#13 » by Pillendreher » Mon Oct 5, 2015 8:03 pm

"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#14 » by spearsy23 » Mon Oct 5, 2015 8:17 pm

Pillendreher wrote:Slater's saying Donovan is prefering Robes and Adams for the starting 5 (at least for now).

http://newsok.com/okc-thunder-kevin-durant-impresses-at-the-thunders-open-scrimmage-plus-other-observations/article/5451296?custom_click=rss

Good find, man!

Our resident German fan is the one finding relevant local Oklahoma newspaper reports :lol:
Marcus50
Junior
And1: 85

Post#15 » by Marcus50 » Mon Oct 5, 2015 9:44 pm

I expect Robes to start and Dion will get better or bust. If Dion mentally embraces a bench role he could be very good. Morrow will be the 3 point sniper again.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#16 » by Pillendreher » Mon Oct 5, 2015 10:22 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:Slater's saying Donovan is prefering Robes and Adams for the starting 5 (at least for now).

http://newsok.com/okc-thunder-kevin-durant-impresses-at-the-thunders-open-scrimmage-plus-other-observations/article/5451296?custom_click=rss

Good find, man!

Our resident German fan is the one finding relevant local Oklahoma newspaper reports :lol:

That's the least I can do after what Volkswagen did for Germany's reputation :D
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,486

Post#17 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:35 pm

Roberson will start the season as the starting SG and he will be the best starting SG OKC has seen. However, he will be replaced after the all-star break by Westbrook.

Morrow will be Morrow. Meaning he will shot a great percentage from 3. He will not be a good defender. He will be a very good role player and a great player off the bench.

Waiters will get limited playing time early before getting buried on the bench and traded away for a 2nd round pick to save some tax money.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder