Presti Speaks: Presti on the Vertical Podcast with Woj

Moderators: Dadouv47, retrobro90

Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Presti Speaks: Presti on the Vertical Podcast with Woj 

Post#1 » by Andre Roberstan » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:08 pm

Figured this was worth its own top post. Woj just posted the podcast.

Planning on going through this a bit later today.

Anyone listen to it yet? Thoughts?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-vertical-pod-with-woj--sam-presti-144607677.html
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Re: Presti Speaks: Presti on the Vertical Podcast with Woj 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:33 pm

dbrandon wrote:Figured this was worth its own top post. Woj just posted the podcast.

Planning on going through this a bit later today.

Anyone listen to it yet? Thoughts?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-vertical-pod-with-woj--sam-presti-144607677.html

Listening now.

Will update.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by bondom34 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:53 pm

A lot of the early part on his time w/ the Spurs and him growing up.

Didn't really give substance on Harden, but he's happy for him, didn't want to go into the behind the scenes stuff. Said Harden was good for the Thunder too.

Woj asked about tampering w/ KD, Presti basically said if you're worrying about that your not really worrying about what you control and it doesn't help. Impressed w/ KD's discipline in not being distracted.

Continuing dialogue with KD about free agency and his future, they're prepared, some Presti talk :lol:.

Nothing too deep but a good listen, he's ready for KD's free agency and everything else. Happy with where they are.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#4 » by Andre Roberstan » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:58 pm

All right, I'm going to give it a listen now.

Expecting this:

The Office wrote:Dunder Mifflin Incorporated provides its customers quality office and information technology products, furniture, printing values and the expertise required for making informed buying decisions. We provide our products and services with a dedication to the highest degree of integrity and quality of customer satisfaction, developing long-term professional relationships with employees that develop pride, creating a stable working environment and company spirit.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,284

Post#5 » by Old Man Game » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:44 am

Sorry to say, but he came across really boring in this. Does the guy have any charisma? Also, the guy was needlessly elusive/secretive about what other teams he might have talked to about Harden.

Sent from my KFFOWI using RealGM mobile app
Kiwi_thunder
Ballboy
And1: 25

Post#6 » by Kiwi_thunder » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:31 am

He would have sent a list of questions that he would talk about but also areas that he would not answer. The entire 1hr22mins was pretty bland alright - vanilla answers for a vanilla GM. Still I guess you have to admire that he wants to make it about the organisation and then the players, modelling himself after JC no doubt.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#7 » by Andre Roberstan » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:40 am

Old Man Game wrote:Sorry to say, but he came across really boring in this. Does the guy have any charisma? Also, the guy was needlessly elusive/secretive about what other teams he might have talked to about Harden.

Yeah, it's Presti. Anything he says in public gets scrubbed through the PR filter 6 times before it exits his mouth.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by bondom34 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:45 am

dbrandon wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:Sorry to say, but he came across really boring in this. Does the guy have any charisma? Also, the guy was needlessly elusive/secretive about what other teams he might have talked to about Harden.

Yeah, it's Presti. Anything he says in public gets scrubbed through the PR filter 6 times before it exits his mouth.

I did enjoy the old Spurs stories a bit honestly.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#9 » by Andre Roberstan » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:51 am

bondom34 wrote:
dbrandon wrote:

I did really like the story about trying to give the guy his QO and chasing his team all over the city. And his insight into late 2nd-round scouting was pretty interesting.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by bondom34 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:53 am

dbrandon wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
dbrandon wrote:

I did really like the story about trying to give the guy his QO and chasing his team all over the city. And his insight into late 2nd-round scouting was pretty interesting.

Yep, and hearing him talk about working with that group, back when it was a bunch of guys all over the league now (coach Budenholzer, etc.). Crazy how many Spurs guys are around.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,284

Re: Re: Presti Speaks: Presti on the Vertical Podcast with Woj 

Post#11 » by Old Man Game » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:36 am

dbrandon wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
dbrandon wrote:

For me that stuff about the spurs was the definite high point as well.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder