What grade do you give the Presti for draft day transactions?

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

A+
45%
A
32%
A-
14%
B+
5%
B
No votes
B-
No votes
C+
No votes
C-
No votes
D
No votes
F
5%

Total votes: 22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,452

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:11 am

Just curious what you think. I thought it was a great trade. I don't think it should impact Durant re-signing. There may in fact be more positive energy just from super competitor in Dipo coming in, a guy like Sabonis coming in and also Illy has to be happy to be on a contender. I'm sure Durant hated seeing him go but when those guys come in excited it should dissipate.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Re: What grade do you give the Presti for draft day transactions? 

Post#2 » by Old Man Game » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:38 am

I hesitate to grade it until I've seen how these guys fit. Preliminarily I think i give it an A just in terms of the haul but that's subject to change depending upon how well these guys fit into the system.

Sent from my KFFOWI using RealGM mobile app
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#3 » by bondom34 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:44 am

Going A as well. At worst it was great value. I'm excited for Oladipo and Sabonis both.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#4 » by spearsy23 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:58 am

Grading it now is foolish, this was a boom or bust move that could quite literally make or destroy the franchise.

Kinda glad he proved he could win a trade value wise though
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by bondom34 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:35 am

spearsy23 wrote:Grading it now is foolish, this was a boom or bust move that could quite literally make or destroy the franchise.

Honest question, because I've thought of this. I'm assuming this has zero influence on KD. At worst Oladipo is friendly w him from all I've seen.

Is there a situation where this ends up a net loss?

I'm seeing:

1. KD stays, they have a wing upgrade and a rookie 4 for Ibaka who was leaving.

2. KD leaves, they got younger and a lotto pick for a guy who was leaving.

Unless Ibaka becomes a hall of famer at age 27, I'm not seeing how this can be that big a loss.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
The Sparest
Bench Warmer
And1: 446

Post#6 » by The Sparest » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:08 am

As an outside observer, I give this an A+. Trading a soon to be UFA Ibaka for a younger RFA Dipo is a no brainer to me, and I like Ibaka more than most casual fans.

I also have an unabashed love for Sabonis. People knock his measurable qualities, but they did the same to Marc Gasol, and he turned out pretty good for an "unathletic" euro.

Ersan has also gotten a bad rap IMO. The guy is a good shooter, rebounds solidly for his position, and can play adequate if not great defense. But people want to look at what he is not and say he stinks, instead of looking at what he can do, and how he can help a team. Kind of like Kanter.

TL;DR - good trade and great value.
AKA: Sparey Spareman
Marcus50
Junior
And1: 85

Post#7 » by Marcus50 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:22 am

I don't think Presti is finished yet. Let's assume he resigns KD I'm expecting him let Dion walk and go after a quality PF. Alternatively it's having KD play PF but then your relying on Adams for offensive rebounding which makes it tough. I'm also assuming McGary is done and that might be unfair on him. If KD doesn't re sign what are the chances Presti goes hard at Griffin and play robes at 3.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Re: Re: What grade do you give the Presti for draft day transactions? 

Post#8 » by Old Man Game » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:21 am

bondom34 wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Grading it now is foolish, this was a boom or bust move that could quite literally make or destroy the franchise.

Honest question, because I've thought of this. I'm assuming this has zero influence on KD. At worst Oladipo is friendly w him from all I've seen.

I'm seeing:

Unless Ibaka becomes a hall of famer at age 27, I'm not seeing how this can be that big a loss.

Say Sabonis ends up a bust (B.J. Mullens level), Ersan is waived and never plays here.

Then it's literally just Serge for Victor. Presently Serge is better than him and it's not inconceivable he could be for the next couple seasons (super important ones for us). So contract aside people would Monday morning quarterback and call it a bad trade. Especially if Serge comes out and publicly says he wanted to be here and never wanted to be traded.

spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#9 » by spearsy23 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:31 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

I'm seeing:

Say Sabonis ends up a bust (B.J. Mullens level), Ersan is waived and never plays here.

Then it's literally just Serge for Victor. Presently Serge is better than him and it's not inconceivable he could be for the next couple seasons (super important ones for us). So contract aside people would Monday morning quarterback and call it a bad trade. Especially if Serge comes out and publicly says he wanted to be here and never wanted to be traded.

I don't even think last years version of serge is better, Presto destroyed value wise, but even if victor was clearly the better player if we take a step back in the playoffs this year then both kd and Russ have to look at it and believe Sam can't build a real championship team.

Prior to the playoffs I'd have considered this a slam dunk, but after being 12 minutes away from the finals it becomes a major gamble. Especially with the history we have

Finals trip- trade Harden
Team actually performs better the next year before the russ injury- don't resign martin
12 minutes from finals- trade serge.
Even if you agree with all of those moves it's will feel like he just keeps grasping at straws.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bbms
Analyst
And1: 531

Post#10 » by bbms » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:36 pm

For me right in between A/A+. Amazing value giving leverage on pending FA. Sets up a Durantless future well. I'm not ever going to regrade this in hindsight.
KingKyrie1
Pro Prospect
And1: 238

Post#11 » by KingKyrie1 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:31 pm

if Durant stays and I believe he will this sort of trade makes you a muich tougher matchup for the Cavs..
if Durant plays strictly the 4 then Kevin Love can not play against you.
So basicly he is worthless against you and GSW..
KD35Brah
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,024

Post#12 » by KD35Brah » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:27 pm

Unless Presti finds a way to get Horford by trading Singler and kanter(and more), this trade means nothing. Now we have a big hole at the 4.

Why exactly does Horford get more money than LMA? Could easily settle on 18 million...
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Post#13 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:49 pm

KD35Brah wrote:Unless Presti finds a way to get Horford by trading Singler and kanter(and more), this trade means nothing. Now we have a big hole at the 4.

Why exactly does Horford get more money than LMA? Could easily settle on 18 million...

Aldridge got the max at the time. Horford will the get the max for this off-season.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Post#14 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:52 pm

Old Man Game wrote:Say Sabonis ends up a bust (B.J. Mullens level), Ersan is waived and never plays here.

Oladipo has been a better player than Ibaka for the last two seasons. Oladipo will continue to get better. Ibaka either wasn't giving effort in OKC or his leg injuries have taken a toll an he isn't as explosive as he used to be and will continue to decline. If the trade had been Oladipo for Ibaka straight up OKC would have won. Five years, at least, of Oladipo is better than one year of Ibaka.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by bondom34 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:10 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

I'm seeing:

Dipo was as good or better last year by most measures. So even then its a wash.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#16 » by Old Man Game » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:47 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Honest question, because I've thought of this. I'm assuming this has zero influence on KD. At worst Oladipo is friendly w him from all I've seen.

I'm seeing:

*checks stats* *agrees*
Okay try this one.

Since their production by most measures is a wash you're swapping out a less experienced player during one of the most important seasons in franchise history. Each of Durant and Westbrook are put off by this and leave. Franchise goes into the toilet.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by bondom34 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:09 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:Say Sabonis ends up a bust (B.J. Mullens level), Ersan is waived and never plays here.

*checks stats* *agrees*
Okay try this one.

Since their production by most measures is a wash you're swapping out a less experienced player during one of the most important seasons in franchise history. Each of Durant and Westbrook are put off by this and leave. Franchise goes into the toilet.

Touche :lol:.

But you're starting to reach :D.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#18 » by Old Man Game » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:40 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Dipo was as good or better last year by most measures. So even then its a wash.

*checks stats* *agrees*
Okay try this one.

Here's a more plausible one. Serge was more important to our defense than we fully appreciated. Even though his block numbers were down his rep alone had a significant deterrent on opposing guards attacking the rim. Without him we just got noticeably worse on defense and we weren't one of the better defenses in the league to begin with.
Sakkreth
Starter
And1: 3,404

Post#19 » by Sakkreth » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:41 pm

Worst case scenario possible and it's still an OK trade. Crazy.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by bondom34 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:00 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:
*checks stats* *agrees*
Okay try this one.

Here's a more plausible one. Serge was more important to our defense than we fully appreciated. Even though his block numbers were down his rep alone had a significant deterrent on opposing guards attacking the rim. Without him we just got noticeably worse on defense and we weren't one of the better defenses in the league to begin with.

More plausible, but still they should improve the perimeter defense over any non-Roberson SG.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder