G15: Oklahoma City Thunder at Los Angeles Lakers | 9:30PM CST

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Re: RE: Re: G15: Oklahoma City Thunder at Los Angeles Lakers | 9:30PM CST 

Post#81 » by spearsy23 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:18 am

bondom34 wrote:What should they go for in the draft? I'm looking into SFs who can actually shoot.

They may draft another who can't, but I'd rather one who could

I don't know anything about them and it's way too early to know for sure but there are only four guys projected mid first
Og Anunoby
Rodions Kurucs
Tyler Lydon
Miles bridges

Looks like Kurucs had knee surgery and is only 18 so I'd doubt he declares this year rather than waiting for the weaker class.

Anunoby fits the Presti profile perfectly, big long athlete that can defend multiple positions. Draft express seems to like his shooting potential but his volume is low which generally indicates to me that he'd take some time to develop into a shot. Also he's projected at 9, which seems little earlier than we'll be picking.

Lydon is a good shooter but despite how dx has him listed I don't think there's any chance he can play the SF.

Bridges seems like a sg to me, definitely not the length Presti looks for. He's also all potential shooting wise and doesn't do it particularly well right now.

Basically there's not anybody in our range. Anunoby is the only one I'd be particularly excited about. Of course it's still super early.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#82 » by bondom34 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:22 am

spearsy23 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:What should they go for in the draft? I'm looking into SFs who can actually shoot.

I don't know anything about them and it's way too early to know for sure but there are only four guys projected mid first
Og Anunoby
Rodions Kurucs
Tyler Lydon
Miles bridges

Looks like Kurucs had knee surgery and is only 18 so I'd doubt he declares this year rather than waiting for the weaker class.

Anunoby fits the Presti profile perfectly, big long athlete that can defend multiple positions. Draft express seems to like his shooting potential but his volume is low which generally indicates to me that he'd take some time to develop into a shot. Also he's projected at 9, which seems little earlier than we'll be picking.

Lydon is a good shooter but despite how dx has him listed I don't think there's any chance he can play the SF.

Bridges seems like a sg to me, definitely not the length Presti looks for. He's also all potential shooting wise and doesn't do it particularly well right now.

Basically there's not anybody in our range. Anunoby is the only one I'd be particularly excited about. Of course it's still super early.

"Our range" might be top 5-8. Man this loss pissed me off and I ddin't even watch. Knowing how it ended is killing me and I was in a good mood too.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
spearsy23
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: G15: Oklahoma City Thunder at Los Angeles Lakers | 9:30PM CST 

Post#83 » by spearsy23 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:25 am

bondom34 wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:

Og Anunoby
Rodions Kurucs
Tyler Lydon
Miles bridges

"Our range" might be top 5-8. Man this loss pissed me off and I ddin't even watch. Knowing how it ended is killing me and I was in a good mood too.

If we end up in the top 5 then somebody really should be fired. I don't care if it's Presti or Donovan, but that's flat unacceptable.

Sent from my LG-K330 using RealGM mobile app
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: G15: Oklahoma City Thunder at Los Angeles Lakers | 9:30PM CST 

Post#84 » by bondom34 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:27 am

spearsy23 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:I don't know anything about them and it's way too early to know for sure but there are only four guys projected mid first
Og Anunoby
Rodions Kurucs
Tyler Lydon
Miles bridges

If we end up in the top 5 then somebody really should be fired. I don't care if it's Presti or Donovan, but that's flat unacceptable.

This last stretch has been unacceptable. And this is the easy part of the schedule iirc.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: G15: Oklahoma City Thunder at Los Angeles Lakers | 9:30PM CST 

Post#85 » by bondom34 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:29 am

Also, 538 was most friendly in preseason projections, at 50. Its fallen to 45. 15 games in. And they only have 1 real injury.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#86 » by bondom34 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:31 am

And projected to drop 2 of the next 3. So .500. Through the easy month.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#87 » by bondom34 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:31 am

Ah F it, blow it up.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,527

Post#88 » by Bergmaniac » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:33 am

Donovan has been really disappointing lately. The team looks lost on the court way too often. And it really feels Westbrook is getting tired, maybe more mentally than physically. His usage rate continues to be insane and there is barely a possession where he doesn't have to either create his own shot or a shot for someone else.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#89 » by Old Man Game » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:49 pm

The way we're playing reminds me a lot of those Kobe solo years in the mid 00s. The Smush Parker era. To many guys getting minutes who'd never see the floor on a good team and one lone gunner too proud to admit he needs more help.

Sent from my KFFOWI using RealGM mobile app
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#90 » by Andre Roberstan » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:25 pm

spearsy23 wrote:Giving up 109.9 PPG over the last 9. How does a team with no offense even manage that?

High pace? We're 4th in the NBA in pace and our DRTG is still pretty solid.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#91 » by spearsy23 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:59 pm

dbrandon wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Giving up 109.9 PPG over the last 9. How does a team with no offense even manage that?

High pace? We're 4th in the NBA in pace and our DRTG is still pretty solid.

Average d rating of 110.3 over the last 8. That would be tied for 28th in the league. If we're playing crap defense due to pace then maybe we should slow down?

Looks like we're down to 6th in pace as well. So it's more that we just suck at offense and defense.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#92 » by Pillendreher » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:47 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:Donovan has been really disappointing lately. The team looks lost on the court way too often. And it really feels Westbrook is getting tired, maybe more mentally than physically. His usage rate continues to be insane and there is barely a possession where he doesn't have to either create his own shot or a shot for someone else.

It would certainly help if we were to let our 2nd ballhandler handle the ball and don't just have him stand in the corner.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder