Post#1 » by oken » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:18 pm

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
oken
Pro Prospect
And1: 429

Re: Semaj Christon assigned to D-League 

Post#2 » by oken » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:34 pm

Guessing from the huge non-reaction to this thread I guess this was the biggest non-news of the season.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#3 » by bondom34 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:39 pm

oken wrote:Guessing from the huge non-reaction to this thread I guess this was the biggest non-news of the season.

He still stinks :lol:.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
oken
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by oken » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:59 pm

I still can't believe they dumped veteran PG (that had a guaranteed 5mln USD contract) who was shooting 35% 3-pts last season for Semaj. What could Presti have seen in this guy that could trigger such a move? How worse Ronnie Price could be? Again his usual early triggers which gives the impression that he's on to something but actually are just his usual stupid stuff*.

*Presti's Usual Stuff (noun)
[prestis yoo-zhoo-uh l stuhf]
a) Signing a contract for 5 years with a player that had 33% overall shooting with your team last season
E.g.: Quick boy he's hot! Catch Mozgov while you can!

b) Signing a veteran PG, paying him his 2 years money and subsequently waiving him for a D-League class player who can't even make the A-team
E.g.: I'm seriously thinking of Anthony Bennet. He is star caliber, man!

c) Swapping an aged 3&D PF in a shooter depleted team for a young dunker
E.g: That's the sleight of hand guys. Now you see em now you don't!
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#5 » by spearsy23 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:28 am

Price sucks too is the only problem. We went in with no viable options behind cam unfortunately.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#6 » by getrichordie » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:11 am

spearsy23 wrote:Price sucks too is the only problem. We went in with no viable options behind cam unfortunately.

Yea, you don't cut Price if we are a contender but given the state of the franchise, Price isn't going to be a game changer nor a building block going forward, so why keep him? Might as well see if you can catch lightning in a bottle and hope Christon becomes something of value.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
InTheSabonus
Pro Prospect
And1: 548

Post#7 » by InTheSabonus » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:32 am

Agree that ditching Ilyasova for Grant, just another version of Roberson (and it's hard enough offensively with one roberson on the team), wasn't a good move. Having Sabonis develop off the bench behind Ilyasova would have been great. Then in a couple of seasons we could have let go of Ersan and Sabonis would ideally be ready. Not sure if there were some Turkey related political stuff between he and Kanter that might have been a factor there, though. But if there wasn't, then it's just another example of Presti's stubbornness with his methods damaging the immediate success of the team.

But yeah. Price sucks. Would he have been better than Semaj? Probably but that's an incredibly low bar and clearing it doesn't mean he'd have changed the game for us.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#8 » by getrichordie » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:23 pm

InTheSabonus wrote:Agree that ditching Ilyasova for Grant, just another version of Roberson (and it's hard enough offensively with one roberson on the team), wasn't a good move. Having Sabonis develop off the bench behind Ilyasova would have been great. Then in a couple of seasons we could have let go of Ersan and Sabonis would ideally be ready. Not sure if there were some Turkey related political stuff between he and Kanter that might have been a factor there, though. But if there wasn't, then it's just another example of Presti's stubbornness with his methods damaging the immediate success of the team.

But yeah. Price sucks. Would he have been better than Semaj? Probably but that's an incredibly low bar and clearing it doesn't mean he'd have changed the game for us.

On the Ilyasova for Grant trade, the reason it was so good for us was because Grant is 20 years old and has nothing but upside, essentially. Easier totreach a new dog new tricks, and in the modern NBA that means a lot. But that's not the important part. The important part is that Ilyasova is going to be an UFA after this season and I highly doubt Presti will pay what someone else will for Ilyasova's skill set. So we made out like bandits on that trade, and so did Philly if Philly can retain him on a good contract.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
oken
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by oken » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:52 pm

getrichordie wrote:
InTheSabonus wrote:Agree that ditching Ilyasova for Grant, just another version of Roberson (and it's hard enough offensively with one roberson on the team), wasn't a good move. Having Sabonis develop off the bench behind Ilyasova would have been great. Then in a couple of seasons we could have let go of Ersan and Sabonis would ideally be ready. Not sure if there were some Turkey related political stuff between he and Kanter that might have been a factor there, though. But if there wasn't, then it's just another example of Presti's stubbornness with his methods damaging the immediate success of the team.

On the Ilyasova for Grant trade, the reason it was so good for us was because Grant is 20 years old and has nothing but upside, essentially. Easier totreach a new dog new tricks, and in the modern NBA that means a lot. But that's not the important part. The important part is that Ilyasova is going to be an UFA after this season and I highly doubt Presti will pay what someone else will for Ilyasova's skill set. So we made out like bandits on that trade, and so did Philly if Philly can retain him on a good contract.

But isn't it what essentially failed for Presti "always choosing the younger guy instead of the established veteran" during all these years? Waiters, Singler, Semaj, Grant.. Then bringing in veterans like Nazr Muhammed just for locker room presence?

And I'd be wiling to bet that ceiling for Grant is a super-athletic Dion Waiters. OKC has never been lucky with those "ceilings" in its history anyway.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#10 » by Andre Roberstan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:10 pm

oken wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

But isn't it what essentially failed for Presti "always choosing the younger guy instead of the established veteran" during all these years? Waiters, Singler, Semaj, Grant.. Then bringing in veterans like Nazr Muhammed just for locker room presence?

And I'd be wiling to bet that ceiling for Grant is a super-athletic Dion Waiters. OKC has never been lucky with those "ceilings" in its history anyway.

Grant and Waiters are not remotely similar players in any way. I do think some might be disappointed in him, but his ceiling's probably close to a very poor man's Serge Ibaka than Dion Waiters.
oken
Pro Prospect

Post#11 » by oken » Mon Feb 6, 2017 9:31 pm

OK what were we saying? Oh yes, I believe in Grant D-Wait now.

Count me in with the bandwagoners of the new hoops sensation.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#12 » by spearsy23 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 3:42 am

Andre Roberstan wrote:
oken wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

Grant and Waiters are not remotely similar players in any way. I do think some might be disappointed in him, but his ceiling's probably close to a very poor man's Serge Ibaka than Dion Waiters.

His ceiling's a poor man's serge like Dion's is a poor man's Kobe. They're two very different versions of trash.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#13 » by Old Man Game » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:59 pm

Price isn't a world beater but he's a ten year pro who was fantastic defensively which is more than Semaj is or ever will be.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder