2017 OKC Thunder Trade Discussion

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Re: 2017 OKC Thunder Trade Discussion 

Post#1961 » by Balkman32 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:24 pm

Does anyone know when the Thunder have to pick up the team option on Grant?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,497

Post#1962 » by Kizz Fastfists » Mon May 22, 2017 7:27 pm

Balkman32 wrote:Does anyone know when the Thunder have to pick up the team option on Grant?

June 24th.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,497

Post#1963 » by Kizz Fastfists » Mon May 22, 2017 7:28 pm

They until July 7th on Semaj.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#1964 » by Balkman32 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:42 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:Does anyone know when the Thunder have to pick up the team option on Grant?

June 24th.

2 days after the draft. He might be in play for a trade then. He is a nice player that a team could be interested in controlling. Too bad Grant isn't on July 7th.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#1965 » by getrichordie » Mon May 22, 2017 7:45 pm

I personally think you have to look at Isaiah as a reason why we can't draft Mason. His defense would be god awful. We need defensive help on the second unit. I vote Frank Jackson. #TheRightFrank

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
[twitter] @thunderdustin
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,186

Post#1966 » by ThunderBolt » Mon May 22, 2017 7:46 pm

Balkman32 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:Our situation is beyond frustrating. There isn't one guy I feel confident about moving forward besides Westbrook. I feel like we're only one or two non-allstars away from being a significantly better team. The problem is we have no way to get them.

We'll probably have to stretch something of value to get rid of Kanter or we'll take back something of similar crap value.

I think Adams 2016 playoffs gave us some unrealistic expectations. Oladipo just had his first year with the Thunder and it was the Russell Westbrook show. They didn't have him running the backup point at all last year, he went down with two injuries that really stunted his growth with this team. I think he really showed the capability of hitting the 3 ball but didn't give me what I wanted getting to the rim, finishing, and getting fouled.

I think both of these guys will be improved next year. I am not surprised one bit if Adams is a walking double double and Vic is scoring 20 a game.

Roberson is a STUD defender and when we are playing the teams that have a great wing scorer it is so nice to just have Roberson follow them where ever they go. I think the Thunder match any contract he gets. He just needs to work on hitting those FT's, maybe he can sit down with Rick Barry, and change his approach.

Sabonis is going to be a nice player. He can shoot the 3, he can move the ball, and he can post up. He will be a nice starting 4 that can play small ball 5. I think the starting 5 can all be valuable assets that can each have a 10+ year career and get 3-4 contracts because they have valuable skills.

I think the 3 on the bench unit right now are great assets with McDermott, Abrines, and Grant. McDermott can really play some small ball 4, unlike Abrines and Oladipo. McDermott will just get better and better at shooting the 3 ball. Abrines showed me a lot this year, I think he has the opportunity to be our Manu. With Abrines and Vic at the 2 its the most complete the position has been since Harden and Tabo. Grant has shown he can play small ball 5, shoot the 3 at a high percentage, protect the rim, and play good defense on 4's and 5's. It will be interesting how the Thunder handle his team option, because they would live to only pay him $1.5 million this year but I don't think they can afford to let him hit free agency, especially since we gave up a 2020 first round pick for his services.

I hope you're right because I think we don't make any big moves this offseason. I did hear a stat today over half of the all NBA team werebt NBA lottery picks. So you never know but we'll have to wait and see. I still would love to have a small forward that plays both ends of the floor.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#1967 » by Balkman32 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:50 pm

Knrstz wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:Our situation is beyond frustrating. There isn't one guy I feel confident about moving forward besides Westbrook. I feel like we're only one or two non-allstars away from being a significantly better team. The problem is we have no way to get them.

We'll probably have to stretch something of value to get rid of Kanter or we'll take back something of similar crap value.

I think Adams 2016 playoffs gave us some unrealistic expectations. Oladipo just had his first year with the Thunder and it was the Russell Westbrook show. They didn't have him running the backup point at all last year, he went down with two injuries that really stunted his growth with this team. I think he really showed the capability of hitting the 3 ball but didn't give me what I wanted getting to the rim, finishing, and getting fouled.

I think both of these guys will be improved next year. I am not surprised one bit if Adams is a walking double double and Vic is scoring 20 a game.

Roberson is a STUD defender and when we are playing the teams that have a great wing scorer it is so nice to just have Roberson follow them where ever they go. I think the Thunder match any contract he gets. He just needs to work on hitting those FT's, maybe he can sit down with Rick Barry, and change his approach.

Sabonis is going to be a nice player. He can shoot the 3, he can move the ball, and he can post up. He will be a nice starting 4 that can play small ball 5. I think the starting 5 can all be valuable assets that can each have a 10+ year career and get 3-4 contracts because they have valuable skills.

I think the 3 on the bench unit right now are great assets with McDermott, Abrines, and Grant. McDermott can really play some small ball 4, unlike Abrines and Oladipo. McDermott will just get better and better at shooting the 3 ball. Abrines showed me a lot this year, I think he has the opportunity to be our Manu. With Abrines and Vic at the 2 its the most complete the position has been since Harden and Tabo. Grant has shown he can play small ball 5, shoot the 3 at a high percentage, protect the rim, and play good defense on 4's and 5's. It will be interesting how the Thunder handle his team option, because they would live to only pay him $1.5 million this year but I don't think they can afford to let him hit free agency, especially since we gave up a 2020 first round pick for his services.

I hope you're right because I think we don't make any big moves this offseason. I did hear a stat today over half of the all NBA team werebt NBA lottery picks. So you never know but we'll have to wait and see. I still would love to have a small forward that plays both ends of the floor.

I think you want OG. Its just a matter of how his medicals look. He could go anywhere from #7 to us @ #21.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#1968 » by Balkman32 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:53 pm

getrichordie wrote:I personally think you have to look at Isaiah as a reason why we can't draft Mason. His defense would be god awful. We need defensive help on the second unit. I vote Frank Jackson. #TheRightFrank

Word is that Frank has a promise. I would not be shocked if that promise came from the Thunder.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,186

Post#1969 » by ThunderBolt » Mon May 22, 2017 7:59 pm

OG doesn't inspire a ton of condifence on the offensive end. Also, Im all for building a syringe defensive team but Russell has to buy in to plays no the defensive end. That's easier for him to do if you have a guy like Covington/crowder who can play both ends of the court.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Osirus89
Starter
And1: 2,016

Post#1970 » by Osirus89 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:39 pm

getrichordie wrote:I personally think you have to look at Isaiah as a reason why we can't draft Mason. His defense would be god awful. We need defensive help on the second unit. I vote Frank Jackson. #TheRightFrank

#PresidentJackson

Balkman32 wrote:

I think you want OG. Its just a matter of how his medicals look. He could go anywhere from #7 to us @ #21.

I still proudly wave the OG flag, but I think a team will snag him before we can get him. He's like Jerami Grant and Andre were gene spliced into one player. Unfortunately his shooting is inherited as well. However, if he can somehow get a respectable jumper he will be a hell of a player. Then again, we have been saying that about Andre for how many years now?

All that turmoil in NY makes me wish we could swoop in and get KP. Knicks don't want anybody on our roster not named Russ though and we have no picks. Dammit presti :noway:
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#1971 » by getrichordie » Mon May 22, 2017 10:47 pm

Balkman32 wrote:

Word is that Frank has a promise. I would not be shocked if that promise came from the Thunder.

Which Frank? The Right Frank or the Wrong Frank?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#1972 » by Balkman32 » Tue May 23, 2017 12:59 am

Osirus89 wrote:

#PresidentJackson

Balkman32 wrote:

I still proudly wave the OG flag, but I think a team will snag him before we can get him. He's like Jerami Grant and Andre were gene spliced into one player. Unfortunately his shooting is inherited as well. However, if he can somehow get a respectable jumper he will be a hell of a player. Then again, we have been saying that about Andre for how many years now?

All that turmoil in NY makes me wish we could swoop in and get KP. Knicks don't want anybody on our roster not named Russ though and we have no picks. Dammit presti :noway:

I think we have some very good triangle players!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#1973 » by spearsy23 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:59 am

[youtube][/youtube]

Mason is bigger than Thomas with a 3 inch longer wingspan and has a higher standing reach than cp3 Who is probably the best defensive pg in the game. Plus Mason has been a very good defender his entire time at ku. I really don't even understand why you would compare him and thomas.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#1974 » by Andre Roberstan » Thu Jun 1, 2017 6:18 am

Since it seems like we've mostly moved this discussion to the offseason thread, I'm locking and unstickying.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder