2012 Battle of Sports Forums

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky, sly

writersblock
General Manager
And1: 61

Re: 2012 Battle of Sports Forums - Season in progress 

Post#401 » by writersblock » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:59 pm

1st Win of the Season! Oh yeah. Time for my run--from dead last to playoffs. You know I'm making up 32 games in the next 4 weeks.
Globe-trotting and shenaniganizing, traveling the world and taking names...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6CtlAxAIaA_NQBQCuz3q1w?sub_confirmation=1
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#402 » by hamncheese » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:11 pm

All forums went .500 last week. I haven't been as involved this year to think about trades, but will consider proposals.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
sly
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 46

Post#403 » by sly » Sat Mar 2, 2013 7:47 am

Well, no pressure, Gokce... but with the regular season winding down, we could do each other a whole lotta good by winning handily this week. :)

Also, no matter who wins the league, the bottom forum (i.e. looks like us) will be out next year, right?
writersblock
General Manager

Post#404 » by writersblock » Sun Mar 3, 2013 3:15 am

sly wrote:Well, no pressure, Gokce... but with the regular season winding down, we could do each other a whole lotta good by winning handily this week. :)

Also, no matter who wins the league, the bottom forum (i.e. looks like us) will be out next year, right?

Technically, Buser should've been out this year, but they're still in it...And now they look like we did last year.

I will say this though: I'm taking down Buser this week. If I don't accomplish anything else this year (and I probably won't), I'll enjoy having taken down the 3rd team in the league.

What's sad is that I've had a strong team all year, but injuries have absolutely killed me.

hailfire4
Sophomore
And1: 18

Post#405 » by hailfire4 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:35 am

The playoff spots are starting to be claimed. 6 spots have clinched with some minor seeding that can occur in this last week. The 7th while not official is still pretty safe for So-Tex. that 8th spot is a free for all. SLy at 8, 1 game ahead of Cap, 1 game ahead of Gokce. Cap is playing the top seed Seattle so he needs his A Game if Busersports can get all 4 teams in the playoffs. Even with 3 teams in the top 8 currently the Buser teams still don't play each other. Matt 3 seed against Geode 6, Hailfire 5 dcdoorknob 4, So-Tex 7 Pelican 2. So if Cap can squeeze into 8 he will play Seattle again again.
The wrongest is always the loudest.
hailfire4
Sophomore

Post#406 » by hailfire4 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:35 am

The battle for the last playoff spot is turning into a 2 horse race. Sly currently in 8 is losing 1-8 and looks like he is toast. I believe Sly faded last year late and missed the playoffs also? Cap currently in 9th and leading the top team Seattle 6-3 has the current 8 spot IF the regular season ended today. Gokce in 10 is 2 games back but is drubbing his opponent 7-2. Since Cap and Gokce both have 2 ties there is a good chance it will come down to a tiebreaker to determine the 8th spot. We at the Buser forum wish Cap all the best of luck.
hamncheese
Assistant Coach

Post#407 » by hamncheese » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:10 pm

It looks like the 2-6 seedings can get scrambled from beginning of the week.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
hailfire4
Sophomore

Post#408 » by hailfire4 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:36 am

Playoffs are set.
Seattle 1 seed VS Cap 8 seed
Red Rover 2 seed VS DCDoorknob 7 seed
Matt Buser 3 seed VS So-Tex 6 seed
Geodbear 4 seed VS Hailfire 5 seed

Observations
All 4 Buser teams made it in. LBJ and Durant owners bump in the first round so one of them will fall. Very good year for all involved.
writersblock
General Manager

Post#409 » by writersblock » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:00 pm

hailfire4 wrote:Playoffs are set.

Observations
All 4 Buser teams made it in. LBJ and Durant owners bump in the first round so one of them will fall. Very good year for all involved.

I object.

hamncheese
Assistant Coach

Post#410 » by hamncheese » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:12 pm

writersblock wrote:

Observations

I object.

He meant all involved in the playoffs. :D
writersblock
General Manager

Post#411 » by writersblock » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:25 pm

hamncheese wrote:
writersblock wrote:

Observations

I object.

He meant all involved in the playoffs. :D

Of course he did, but I still object. 8-)

hailfire4
Sophomore

Post#412 » by hailfire4 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:44 pm

To make WritersBlock feel better I rechecked the draft. I have discovered some minor reasons why his team did not do so hot.
1. Dirk got hurt then returned and shot .390
2. Rubio was hurt at draft returned and shot.290 plus 7 TOs a game
3. Rose still can't decide if he will or won't
4. Varejao decided to go out all year. But first he waffled as a DTD for a month.
5. Marcus Thornton losing his job and playing 15 minutes a game sometimes.
6. Beasely getting his coach fired, numerous benchings Plus more court appearances than basketball court appearances.
7. Royce White couldn't find anything he was not afraid of.
8. Al Harrington not sure if he is back yet. Loved his "I don't know what my number is" comment in January.
Somewhere in these musings may lay the secret to why WB team underachieved.

Next posting will be all the things that went right for WritersBlock this year. It may be a tad shorter.....
writersblock
General Manager

Post#413 » by writersblock » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:09 pm

hailfire4 wrote:To make WritersBlock feel better I rechecked the draft. I have discovered some minor reasons why his team did not do so hot.
4. Varejao decided to go out all year. But first he waffled as a DTD for a month.
6. Beasely getting his coach fired, numerous benchings Plus more court appearances than basketball court appearances.
8. Al Harrington not sure if he is back yet. Loved his "I don't know what my number is" comment in January.

Next posting will be all the things that went right for WritersBlock this year. It may be a tad shorter.....

Yes, I posted something like this a month or so ago. I hit the perfect storm. Losing Rose wasn't that big of a deal since I was able to replace him with Isaiah Thomas in January. Beasley was a risk and I had my doubts, but I didn't think he'd be that bad. Thornton was a complete shock, and losing BOTH Varejao AND Dirk for most of the season is what really killed my team. Not to mention Carmelo's recent injuries. I was hoping I would be able to tread water without Rubio for the first month, but sans Varejao and Dirk killed that.

The only thing that went right for me: Picking up Isaiah Thomas mid season knowing that the Aaron Brooks experiment wouldn't last long. I would add that Melo was a complete surprise since he was playing like an MVP for the first half of the year, but his injuries killed my team too.

writersblock
General Manager

Post#414 » by writersblock » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:09 pm

hailfire4 wrote:To make WritersBlock feel better I rechecked the draft. I have discovered some minor reasons why his team did not do so hot.

Yes, I posted something like this a month or so ago. I hit the perfect storm. Losing Rose wasn't that big of a deal since I was able to replace him with Isaiah Thomas in January. Beasley was a risk and I had my doubts, but I didn't think he'd be that bad. Thornton was a complete shock, and losing BOTH Varejao AND Dirk for most of the season is what really killed my team. Not to mention Carmelo's recent injuries. I was hoping I would be able to tread water without Rubio for the first month, but sans Varejao and Dirk killed that.

The only thing that went right for me: Picking up Isaiah Thomas mid season knowing that the Aaron Brooks experiment wouldn't last long. I would add that Melo was a complete surprise since he was playing like an MVP for the first half of the year, but his injuries killed my team too.

hamncheese
Assistant Coach

Post#415 » by hamncheese » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:22 pm

Cafe v. Buser for the semis. I've got to face a cap team that has handled the regular season winner two weeks in a row. We split our season series each with 7-2 wins, so it should be a good one. Good luck to red who faces so-tex.
hailfire4
Sophomore

Post#416 » by hailfire4 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:13 pm

Final results on 2013 regular season.1. FBC regular season champs and host priviledges next season congrats.
2. Rotoworld 3. BBM Monster 4.Rotokingdom

Redemption next year can't come soon enuff.

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leagues