Semi-Keeper League -Draft Set For Friday 9pm PST

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky, sly

curtisenbarger
Freshman
And1: 4

Re: Semi-Keeper League -Draft Set For Friday 9pm PST 

Post#681 » by curtisenbarger » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:00 pm

1) Great draft - thanks for putting it together.

2) I suggest that we do away with the rookie draft for next year and just group everyone into the regular draft to avoid confusion and to streamline things.
writersblock
General Manager
And1: 61

Post#682 » by writersblock » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:00 pm

curtisenbarger wrote:1) Great draft - thanks for putting it together.

2) I suggest that we do away with the rookie draft for next year and just group everyone into the regular draft to avoid confusion and to streamline things.

Yep, draft was great. Go figure, I get up 10 minutes late and I've already paid $14 for Kobe. Apparently, it wasn't a bad deal either...I could've paid $40+ for Lin.

As for the rookie draft, I'd be fully in favor of it, except that we've all been trading draft picks, so I'm not sure how that would work out.
Globe-trotting and shenaniganizing, traveling the world and taking names...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6CtlAxAIaA_NQBQCuz3q1w?sub_confirmation=1
tkunit
Head Coach
And1: 7

Post#683 » by tkunit » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:35 pm

Quick preset and I got 2 of the guys I wanted. Can't complain
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 60

Post#684 » by OldNo7 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:31 am

Midnight draft, never heard of that. Oh well, I really don't have the time and this league is probably #3 of 3 on my list. I can manage through the year but that will be it. I hoped to be a part of it but am just not feeling it, so if you have a ready replacement by all means. I was hoping the draft would peak my interest but there wasn't any way I was doing a draft at 12 and getting up at 6am with my kid.
Twitter: @NickObergan
curtisenbarger
Freshman

Post#685 » by curtisenbarger » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:55 am

OldNo7 wrote:Midnight draft, never heard of that. Oh well, I really don't have the time and this league is probably #3 of 3 on my list. I can manage through the year but that will be it. I hoped to be a part of it but am just not feeling it, so if you have a ready replacement by all means. I was hoping the draft would peak my interest but there wasn't any way I was doing a draft at 12 and getting up at 6am with my kid.

Please know that I'm not trying to be a jerk.

The commish let us know in advance it would be at that time. It was at a time that would be best for the majority of the people, especially considering that we have three (?) people in Europe who had to wake up at 4:00 or 5:00 on a Sunday. I too have a six-month old kid and got up with him before 6:00 am after staying up until 1:00 am for the draft.

I'm just trying to say that given the circumstances and constraints, the commish did the best he could. I hope you decide to stick around. I'm excited for a great season of fantasy and just watching NBA. The season starts tomorrow!!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#686 » by OldNo7 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:31 am

curtisenbarger wrote:
OldNo7 wrote:Midnight draft, never heard of that. Oh well, I really don't have the time and this league is probably #3 of 3 on my list. I can manage through the year but that will be it. I hoped to be a part of it but am just not feeling it, so if you have a ready replacement by all means. I was hoping the draft would peak my interest but there wasn't any way I was doing a draft at 12 and getting up at 6am with my kid.

The commish let us know in advance it would be at that time. It was at a time that would be best for the majority of the people, especially considering that we have three (?) people in Europe who had to wake up at 4:00 or 5:00 on a Sunday. I too have a six-month old kid and got up with him before 6:00 am after staying up until 1:00 am for the draft.

I'm just trying to say that given the circumstances and constraints, the commish did the best he could. I hope you decide to stick around. I'm excited for a great season of fantasy and just watching NBA. The season starts tomorrow!!

I am well aware he let us know. But if he left me know a month ahead of time I wouldn't have made the draft. It isn't so much a priority for me that I was going to set an alarm and interrupt limited sleep to get it; that was the point I was making. I know its not easy with so many people in multiple time zones, but that just clarifies that this probably isnt a league I can give full effort in - that was my point. I think the commish is doing the best job with the hand he is dealt for sure.
Twitter: @NickObergan
curtisenbarger
Freshman

Post#687 » by curtisenbarger » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:21 am

OldNo7 wrote:
curtisenbarger wrote:

I am well aware he let us know. But if he left me know a month ahead of time I wouldn't have made the draft. It isn't so much a priority for me that I was going to set an alarm and interrupt limited sleep to get it; that was the point I was making. I know its not easy with so many people in multiple time zones, but that just clarifies that this probably isnt a league I can give full effort in - that was my point. I think the commish is doing the best job with the hand he is dealt for sure.

Fair enough.

writersblock
General Manager

Post#688 » by writersblock » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:35 pm

Eeked out a win against Fran...without the Black Mamba. I'm liking my chances. I'll see you in the final Fran.

OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#689 » by OldNo7 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:11 pm

Reminder I am stepping away from this league. Need to cut back so I will just be staying in FFDL and VBA. Thanks
writersblock
General Manager

Post#690 » by writersblock » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:20 pm

So, I finish the season in 1st only to draw one of the few teams that beat me this season, and the only team that beat me twice. It's going to be a tough match against you Curt. Now I'm wishing I would've tanked that last week against Fran for a 2nd round match-up against anyone else... :banghead:

writersblock
General Manager

Post#691 » by writersblock » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:03 pm

Fran, it's on.

Something tells me the winner will be determined by which team has the least players resting up for the actual playoffs. With Curry as my cornerstone, I think you've got the edge.

curtisenbarger
Freshman

Post#692 » by curtisenbarger » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:15 pm

writersblock wrote:So, I finish the season in 1st only to draw one of the few teams that beat me this season, and the only team that beat me twice. It's going to be a tough match against you Curt. Now I'm wishing I would've tanked that last week against Fran for a 2nd round match-up against anyone else... :banghead:

It ended up being closer than I thought! Just 7 more assists and 2 more steals and I would be playing in the championship.
writersblock
General Manager

Post#693 » by writersblock » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:10 am

curtisenbarger wrote:
writersblock wrote:So, I finish the season in 1st only to draw one of the few teams that beat me this season, and the only team that beat me twice. It's going to be a tough match against you Curt. Now I'm wishing I would've tanked that last week against Fran for a 2nd round match-up against anyone else... :banghead:

It ended up being closer than I thought! Just 7 more assists and 2 more steals and I would be playing in the championship.

Or .004 FT and 3 blocks and I would've won 8-1 8-)

Seriously though, I'm not surprised it got that close. You were the only team to beat me 2x this season. I dodged a bullet.

curtisenbarger
Freshman

Post#694 » by curtisenbarger » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:05 am

writersblock wrote:
curtisenbarger wrote:

Seriously though, I'm not surprised it got that close. You were the only team to beat me 2x this season. I dodged a bullet.

Haha I guess you're right. :cry: :cry: Great job and good luck.
writersblock
General Manager

Post#695 » by writersblock » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:49 pm

curtisenbarger wrote:
writersblock wrote:
curtisenbarger wrote:

And the cruelest irony? I had a healthy unit against your injured unit last week, and now my guys are dropping like flies (Schroder, Draymond). Had we played this week, you would have annihilated me. :o

curtisenbarger
Freshman

Semi-Keeper League -Draft Set For Friday 9pm PST 

Post#696 » by curtisenbarger » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:39 pm

writersblock wrote:
curtisenbarger wrote:
writersblock wrote:

And the cruelest irony? I had a healthy unit against your injured unit last week, and now my guys are dropping like flies (Schroder, Draymond). Had we played this week, you would have annihilated me. :o

The fantasy gods giveth, the fantasy gods taketh.

writersblock
General Manager

Post#697 » by writersblock » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:43 pm

curtisenbarger wrote:
writersblock wrote:
curtisenbarger wrote:

The fantasy gods giveth, the fantasy gods taketh.

Amen to that.

fraanciiscoo
Head Coach
And1: 176

Post#698 » by fraanciiscoo » Mon Apr 6, 2015 4:07 am

ship it !!! 2nd win in row the champion is back !!! GG to that ballers team nice game.
writersblock
General Manager

Post#699 » by writersblock » Mon Apr 6, 2015 4:25 am

That ballers team is me Fran.

It was a close one. My one fatal move was adding Dennis Schroeder right before he got injured and sat the whole week.

fraanciiscoo
Head Coach
And1: 176

Post#700 » by fraanciiscoo » Mon Apr 6, 2015 8:34 am

writersblock wrote:That ballers team is me Fran.

It was a close one. My one fatal move was adding Dennis Schroeder right before he got injured and sat the whole week.

sorry wb i didn´t knew
good game !!! well played with that adds in the end

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leagues