Post#1221 » by Cyrus » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:59 am

Not a good week by my boyz. GG Floppy,
writersblock
General Manager
And1: 61

Re: FFL 2014-2015 - Season under way 

Post#1222 » by writersblock » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:34 pm

5-4 win against Fran, nice.
Beating playoff teams from the cellar--not the role I was hoping to play this year, but I'll take it.
Globe-trotting and shenaniganizing, traveling the world and taking names...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6CtlAxAIaA_NQBQCuz3q1w?sub_confirmation=1
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#1223 » by floppymoose » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:10 am

This league is like the eastern conference. The 8 seed has a losing record!
writersblock
General Manager

Post#1224 » by writersblock » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:26 am

Yay, down goes Kobe. I just can't pull off any more waiver wire magic, I've lost too many guys to either season ending injuries or extended absences...Wow, this year was fun.

hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#1225 » by hamncheese » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:29 am

floppymoose wrote:This league is like the eastern conference. The 8 seed has a losing record!

Woo hoo! Might be able to hold on to my playoff appearance streak.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
writersblock
General Manager

Post#1226 » by writersblock » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:00 pm

hamncheese wrote:
floppymoose wrote:This league is like the eastern conference. The 8 seed has a losing record!

Woo hoo! Might be able to hold on to my playoff appearance streak.

Tell me about it. My team is barely staying afloat with mostly scrubs filling injury voids, and I'm still only 4 games out of the playoff race.

writersblock
General Manager

Post#1227 » by writersblock » Tue Feb 3, 2015 10:07 pm

Just wasted, er spent, my last add/drop on Paul George. This is a new record. Injuries have hit me so hard this year that I've used up all my add/drops trying to replace the production taking flyers on guys I hope will make a difference.

That being said, what are the chances we could consider trading add/drop moves? If we can trade prospective draft picks, even trade er gamble away draft position, we should be able to trade add/drops, right?

jfrost
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#1228 » by jfrost » Wed Feb 4, 2015 7:44 pm

The next month will be very interesting for me... both Howard and Wade out. Hopefully I can squeak out a few wins and stay in the playoff hunt until my top-dogs are back in action.
writersblock
General Manager

Post#1229 » by writersblock » Thu Feb 5, 2015 3:41 pm

*Mental note: Never, ever trade Steph Curry when he falls to you with the 4th pick. :banghead:

writersblock
General Manager

Post#1230 » by writersblock » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:00 pm

Paul George is targeting his return for week 1 of the playoffs. As a top 10 guy, he could be the x factor for a playoff team. I had hoped to be able to climb that 5-7 game gap in time, sneak in to the playoffs and make major damage with PG. It's not going to work out for me, so I'm offering him up for a team who is in the playoffs. I need depth in return. I'm not interested in overcharging for him, just a couple of low-end role players who can bolster 3s, assists, blocks, or maybe %s.

If you're interested, send an offer...

fraanciiscoo
Head Coach
And1: 176

Post#1231 » by fraanciiscoo » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:28 pm

writersblock wrote:Paul George is targeting his return for week 1 of the playoffs. As a top 10 guy, he could be the x factor for a playoff team. I had hoped to be able to climb that 5-7 game gap in time, sneak in to the playoffs and make major damage with PG. It's not going to work out for me, so I'm offering him up for a team who is in the playoffs. I need depth in return. I'm not interested in overcharging for him, just a couple of low-end role players who can bolster 3s, assists, blocks, or maybe %s.

Not interested
he is going to come with limited time + we still need to make the playoffs
there´s only 3 teams that can afford
writersblock
General Manager

Post#1232 » by writersblock » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:17 am

fraanciiscoo wrote:
writersblock wrote:Paul George is targeting his return for week 1 of the playoffs. As a top 10 guy, he could be the x factor for a playoff team. I had hoped to be able to climb that 5-7 game gap in time, sneak in to the playoffs and make major damage with PG. It's not going to work out for me, so I'm offering him up for a team who is in the playoffs. I need depth in return. I'm not interested in overcharging for him, just a couple of low-end role players who can bolster 3s, assists, blocks, or maybe %s.

Not interested

Which is why I didn't offer him to you. But as for "making the playoffs"...that's not going to be too hard. I'm only 5-6 games out of the playoffs. Have you seen my roster? It looks like the waiver wire. And with only a handful of guys with a winning record this year, just about anyone can make the playoffs, making PG a major x factor for anyone on the bubble.

fraanciiscoo
Head Coach

Post#1233 » by fraanciiscoo » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:18 pm

writersblock wrote:
fraanciiscoo wrote:

Not interested

Which is why I didn't offer him to you. But as for "making the playoffs"...that's not going to be too hard. I'm only 5-6 games out of the playoffs. Have you seen my roster? It looks like the waiver wire. And with only a handful of guys with a winning record this year, just about anyone can make the playoffs, making PG a major x factor for anyone on the bubble.

We all know you are a trade genius and a top notch drafter
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,107

Post#1234 » by jazzfan1971 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:22 am

Well my first pick down for the season yet again. I swear to god, I have a gift for picking players who will go down for the year. Maybe I actually cause them to go down. Any requests for who I should curse next season?
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
writersblock
General Manager

Post#1235 » by writersblock » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:10 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:Well my first pick down for the season yet again. I swear to god, I have a gift for picking players who will go down for the year. Maybe I actually cause them to go down. Any requests for who I should curse next season?

I've got you beat. Two of my first 4 picks are out for the season (Kobe and Jabari), and Ryan Anderson (my 2nd pick) is flirting with being out for the year as well. Add in Stephenson's injuries and altogether suckiness and this has been one heck of a lame year for injuries.

writersblock
General Manager

Post#1236 » by writersblock » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:30 pm

And there goes Ryan Anderson...this has seriously not been my year. If anyone wants a stash for future playoff dominance (he's back in time for the 1st week of the playoffs), send me an offer. I'm just trying to tread water here, hanging on to 14th, and end the season with at least a portion of my dignity in tact. I prefer 2 for 1s (2 borderline top 150-175 guys).

fraanciiscoo
Head Coach

Post#1237 » by fraanciiscoo » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:25 pm

I want to make one or two final trades I want to do 2 for 1 ( with me getting bpa for deep ) or 2 for 3 ( with me giving bpa and getting deep )
who´s on the block

Top 40 player
Favors - he is in better situation now but his FT% hurt me and since his FG% doesnt help me that much i think i going to decided to tank fg and improve my FT% ofc I know how much his worth

Filler
Luc Mbah - his FT% hurts but he is a nice filler he is avr this season 10 pts 5 rebs 1.3 stl and almost 1 3pts
Kirk - coming of inj but rose is out at least 6 weeks keep that in mind

Keep in mind other thing i can give : the option to swap lottery numbers after the draw ( next year - imaging I draw 1st and you 17 you got the option to make that change otherwise you can keep yours )
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

Post#1238 » by theman » Tue Mar 3, 2015 11:07 pm

fraanciiscoo wrote:I want to make one or two final trades I want to do 2 for 1 ( with me getting bpa for deep ) or 2 for 3 ( with me giving bpa and getting deep )
who´s on the block

Top 40 player
Favors - he is in better situation now but his FT% hurt me and since his FG% doesnt help me that much i think i going to decided to tank fg and improve my FT% ofc I know how much his worth

Filler
Luc Mbah - his FT% hurts but he is a nice filler he is avr this season 10 pts 5 rebs 1.3 stl and almost 1 3pts

Keep in mind other thing i can give : the option to swap lottery numbers after the draw ( next year - imaging I draw 1st and you 17 you got the option to make that change otherwise you can keep yours )

Scared of this week's matchup?
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#1239 » by floppymoose » Wed Mar 4, 2015 11:48 am

Finally lost one of my core guys: Butler. Going to need some serious luck now to survive in the playoffs.
fraanciiscoo
Head Coach

Post#1240 » by fraanciiscoo » Fri Mar 6, 2015 12:00 pm

theman wrote:
fraanciiscoo wrote:I want to make one or two final trades I want to do 2 for 1 ( with me getting bpa for deep ) or 2 for 3 ( with me giving bpa and getting deep )
who´s on the block

Top 40 player

Filler

Scared of this week's matchup?

Alot 8-)

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leagues