Need 3- 1st Year, 10 Team, Free, H2H- Points, Keeper, ESPN

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky, sly

BK-Baller05
Ballboy
And1: 0

Need 3- 1st Year, 10 Team, Free, H2H- Points, Keeper, ESPN 

Post#1 » by BK-Baller05 » Wed Jul 9, 2014 2:01 pm

Looking for three experienced, adult owners to start a new NBA keeper that has a great chance to stand, based on the competitive, active, and knowledgeable prowess of the already invited fantasy basketball adversaries. If that was not clear and concise enough, the league is not in the market for individuals who are still in their teens and early twenties- just looking for solid individuals who really care about the NBA, and want to be in a free keeper league that will not suck. A league for those who like to trade, enjoy a h2h points format and choose to be vocal on the message boards.

Here are the settings:

Teams- 10.

Format- H2H Points.

Scoring- Assists-1.5/Steals-2/Blocks-2/ DD- 5/ TD- 7.5 /QD- 10/Missed FG's- -0.33/ Missed FT's- -0.5

Roster- 13 Players- 10 Starters: 2C/3G/3F/2U. 3 Bench- 2IR.

Roster Settings- Daily.

Keepers- 6. Each team will keep six owners for the next season (no less)

Draft- Slow and snake- We will be starting fresh using a slow draft format for the first six picks. do not want any computer glitches or bad service issues have bearing. The following year, and for the future, we will be snake drafting drafting seven players, and the worst four records will have a lottery to see who drafts first, with the remaining six rounding it out from standings (ex. 1st place goes last). The draft will begin once all the owners have joined, and the order has been generated. Our snake draft to fill the other 13 spots, will be on Tuesday, October 7th- 9pm eastern.

Draft Order- Generated via fftoolbox.com- you will find out your pick when the league is filled. This could be immediately, depending on if this is the kind of post that attracts strong owners, haha. The first pick in the slow draft will have the last pick in the snake.

Free Agency- Waivers- Three pickups, per seven day match-up.

Schedule- 19 Weeks.

Playoffs- 4 Teams- one round each. Ties in standings will be awarded to the team with the most total points for the season- after all, it is a points league.

Trading- Instant, with commissioner approval. I believe, unless collusive, no trade is unfair. We all value players differently- and no owner has the right to tell another what they think is a just value in an attacking manner. Jokes on the message board about what that person was thinking in a jovial manner, are entirely welcome.

Although new to this site, I have been playing fantasy basketball since 2001, and not on yahoo either... Want to compile owners who give their all to the leagues they participate in, whether there is a prize involved or not. It is because of this, I feel making a strong keeper where the only prize is that of a rights to brag nature, just may be possible. Honestly speaking, in my experience, it is extremely improbable that a keeper league will surpass even three years- and it is usually, a messy process in the interim. Some owners quit sooner than others, but each year, the LM has to find owners who are in favor of cleaning up a mess that is not their own. I have seen a successful team or two stay on for the next year- but the owners who make no positive strides, continually bail. It's not their fault, they did not even draft this team, so the entertainment value decreases two fold when the standings are not in their favor. I feel the combination of a smaller league, with seasoned owners. who take free leagues seriously, will marginally limit the chances of an unsuccessful keeper.

If you are interested, or have any questions, please feel free to email me at bklyn1103@gmail.com. Please give me a little background info on yourself in your reply.

Thanks- wish all owners the best this season.
BK-Baller05
Ballboy

Re: Need 3- 1st Year, 10 Team, Free, H2H- Points, Keeper, ES 

Post#2 » by BK-Baller05 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:25 pm

One spot remaining..
coachlpmoore
Ballboy

Re: Need 3- 1st Year, 10 Team, Free, H2H- Points, Keeper, ES 

Post#3 » by coachlpmoore » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:58 pm

How did you fill your league so fast?