Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky, sly

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,798

Re: FFDL League Thread - league smack 

Post#181 » by floppymoose » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:42 pm

stick wrote:Ive got a Y! question.
How come when adding a player through a roster through commish tools; you used to be able to pull up players by typing the letter of their last name. Now when you do that it just starts typing in the main yahoo web search bar

I was unable to reproduce this. Are you talking about the Edit Rosters tool on commish tools? If you click that you then get a sea of link where you can edit roster, add player, or drop player, for each team. If you click add player you gt a new page with a popup menu with all the players in it. If you click in that you can type to select players, but sadly type selection is only from the start of the name. In other words, you are type selecting on first names.

Ahh, I see the problem now. I didn't at first because I have the "universal header" blocked on fantasy pages. So I'll file a bug on this, but there are two workarounds. One is you can click on the popup and make it expand into the list of players. Once you do that type select works for me. The other is you can block the universal header if you are using a browser that is compatible with the Stylish extension. Then you can install my config for Stylish that blocks the header on fantasy pages: https://userstyles.org/styles/90871/yah ... der-remove

Hope this helps.
stick
RealGM
And1: 68

Post#182 » by stick » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:52 am

floppymoose wrote:
stick wrote:Ive got a Y! question.
How come when adding a player through a roster through commish tools; you used to be able to pull up players by typing the letter of their last name. Now when you do that it just starts typing in the main yahoo web search bar

I was unable to reproduce this. Are you talking about the Edit Rosters tool on commish tools? If you click that you then get a sea of link where you can edit roster, add player, or drop player, for each team. If you click add player you gt a new page with a popup menu with all the players in it. If you click in that you can type to select players, but sadly type selection is only from the start of the name. In other words, you are type selecting on first names.

Ahh, I see the problem now. I didn't at first because I have the "universal header" blocked on fantasy pages. So I'll file a bug on this, but there are two workarounds. One is you can click on the popup and make it expand into the list of players. Once you do that type select works for me. The other is you can block the universal header if you are using a browser that is compatible with the Stylish extension. Then you can install my config for Stylish that blocks the header on fantasy pages: https://userstyles.org/styles/90871/yah ... der-remove

Hope this helps.

Thanks, weirded me out because it never did that before
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

Post#183 » by theman » Tue Dec 9, 2014 7:58 pm

It is nice The Team is back in playoff contention. We are a little beat up and this is going to be a tough week. Hopefully we can pull out a victory.
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
theman
RealGM

Post#184 » by theman » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:06 am

That was a very good win for us last week. We were down 8-1 it seemed like most of the week. Finally got it to 4-4-1 Saturday to only see it slip to the wrong end of 5-4. But final late Sunday they pulled out the 5-4 win.

Great, great effort.
theman
RealGM

Post#185 » by theman » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:13 pm

That was a good win for The Team last week. Whenever, you can knockoff the defending champion you have to feel good about it. Could we have done better? Absolutely. we need to shoot our free throws better, hit the boards and take better control of the Tall.

Now we need to focus on Frostbite.
sly
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 46

Post#186 » by sly » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:32 pm

In a bit of a slide over here. Didn't think my team would pull together this quickly, considering the youth. But, it's rounding together nicely. Teams 2 through 9 is super-tight... and floppy's squad is getting old. One of our better seasons of parity, I think.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#187 » by floppymoose » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:56 pm

I'm surprised I'm in first and don't expect that to last. I've jump started the next rebuild though with Curry,Noel,Beal,Exum.
theman
RealGM

Post#188 » by theman » Thu Jan 8, 2015 4:17 pm

sly wrote:In a bit of a slide over here. Didn't think my team would pull together this quickly, considering the youth. But, it's rounding together nicely. Teams 2 through 9 is super-tight... and floppy's squad is getting old. One of our better seasons of parity, I think.

Parity is much better but the smack talk has gone way down hill without writerblock.

I't's odd too with all the things floppy has been saying about east and then when frost said sonsofdisaster would never finish better than last. I thought fur was going to fly.

I guess everyone is older and more mature.
theman
RealGM

Post#189 » by theman » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:56 pm

Talk about a weird score. 5-1. Has there been a matchup with 3 ties before?
theman
RealGM

Post#190 » by theman » Tue Mar 3, 2015 11:08 pm

No 'Melo no Butler, Championship aspirations quickly disappearing.
theman
RealGM

Post#191 » by theman » Wed Mar 4, 2015 4:22 am

Sly, I thought I was offering a trade but must of picked Blake Griffin off of waivers. Can you fix that?
theman
RealGM

Re: FFDL League Thread - east on the clock! 

Post#192 » by theman » Thu Mar 5, 2015 5:33 am

Sly, can you update the first page? I should own Insfo's 2015 2nd and Ham's 2016 2nd.

insfo wrote:
theman wrote:Trade to announce:

The Man Trades CJ McCollum (he will be missed (the next Eric Bledsoe))

Insfo Trades his 2015 second round pick.

Accepted. I'll drop Thomas Robinson to make room.

hamncheese wrote:Ham sends theman his 2016 2nd.
Theman sends Wilson Chandler.
Ham drops Andray Blatche.
theman
RealGM

Post#193 » by theman » Fri Mar 6, 2015 8:43 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lose-193100268--nba.html
Pizza Guy is ridiculous with his toppings. If you wanted to make a case for MVP in just the second half alone, Isaiah Thomas would be on the ballot. The Celtics have won three of their last four games — the loss was to Golden State in a close game — and they’re playing well despite very little frontcourt depth. As far as scoring efficiency goes, he’s elite considering his usage. With Boston, IT has a usage rate of 33.8 to go with his 55.7 true shooting percentage. The only other players in the NBA to post a usage rate greater than 30 and a true shooting percentage higher than 55 are James Harden and LeBron James this season (minimum two games).

He put up a 39.4 usage rate on Friday, which is basically a mini Russell Westbrook. Plus he has an assist percentage of 34.9, which shows how much he is looking to dish. Considering Thomas' contract is descending, Ainge stole him from Phoenix -- he’s an underrated GM, by the way. Thomas has a good chance to be a top-25 producer the rest of the way. He's the Usage Rate poster child.
sly
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#194 » by sly » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:41 pm

Well, snuck into that bye for the first week. Injuries are creating havoc this year, fortunately, not much for me in this league anyways. Having the IL in the FFDL really helps offset this. Very glad that we've kept it around...
theman
RealGM

Post#195 » by theman » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:42 am

sly wrote:Well, snuck into that bye for the first week. Injuries are creating havoc this year, fortunately, not much for me in this league anyways. Having the IL in the FFDL really helps offset this. Very glad that we've kept it around...

I agree. But I am down two top fifty players. That is going to be a little hard to over come.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#196 » by floppymoose » Mon Apr 6, 2015 6:07 pm

Congrats Skai! No four-peat for me. I finally get some lotto draws....

I think that Noel+#7 trade for Westbrook is going to work out of for me. If only Elfrid had slid to #7 I think I would have come out ahead even this first year. Instead I'll have to wait a while on Exum.
theman
RealGM

Post#197 » by theman » Wed Apr 8, 2015 3:37 pm

floppymoose wrote:Congrats Skai! No four-peat for me. I finally get some lotto draws....

Congratulations?
theman
RealGM

Post#198 » by theman » Wed Apr 8, 2015 11:57 pm

Happy 21st Birthday Dario Saric and welcome to The Team.
theman
RealGM

Post#199 » by theman » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:52 pm

Congratulations Skai!!!!! Good win.

And next season he will have a healthy Paul George. Is this the start of the next FFDL dynasty?
sly
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#200 » by sly » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:08 am

Congrats Skai! This one wasn't really close at all. And I was pretty healthy down the stretch. Congrats + well-earned!

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leagues