ImageImage

OffSeason!

Moderator: SD2042

Which Grizzles would you trade?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:50 am

Marc Gasol
0
No votes
Zach Randolph
6
19%
Rudy Gay
22
71%
Michael Conley
3
10%
 
Total votes: 31

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 19,566
And1: 486
Joined: Mar 05, 2002
Location: Livin La Vida Loca
   

Re: OffSeason! 

Post#41 » by SD2042 » Mon Jul 9, 2012 4:36 pm

Hinrich is back in Chi-town as expected. Good move on their part with Rose likely missing the whole season. Weems isn't a shooter,but more or a scorer. Still wouldn't bring him in. If I'm the Grizz, I'm looking at Lee, Meeks, and Rush for our next shooter.
User avatar
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,567
And1: 153
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: Just south of Memphis, as the crow flies...
     

Re: OffSeason! 

Post#42 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:19 pm

OK - I can dig the Bayless signing (2 years, second is a player option - at the Mini MLE starting @ $3 million). Follow it up with someone that can somewhat shoot from the outside and the Grizz can call it a day.
Image
casesuggs6
Sophomore
Posts: 222
And1: 21
Joined: Jun 28, 2010
Location: Atl By way of NYC

Re: OffSeason! 

Post#43 » by casesuggs6 » Mon Aug 6, 2012 12:26 pm

You guys might just get your wish on hoping Rudy Gay gets traded. I'm pretty close with some people in his camp and from what they are telling me, it sounds like he's not happy.
So a trade may just happen here in the future.
BallBoy = New Member/Low Post Count. Everyone has been one.
User avatar
lilojmayo
Starter
Posts: 2,230
And1: 129
Joined: Jul 29, 2009
Location: NY
Contact:

Re: OffSeason! 

Post#44 » by lilojmayo » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:25 am

casesuggs6 wrote:You guys might just get your wish on hoping Rudy Gay gets traded. I'm pretty close with some people in his camp and from what they are telling me, it sounds like he's not happy.
So a trade may just happen here in the future.


Rudy Gay is a big time player. You elected to Let Juice Mayo to go. Gotta keep Rudy now. He the only other Grizz who is a big time shot creator.
User avatar
Choker
RealGM
Posts: 39,123
And1: 15,552
Joined: Aug 18, 2006
Location: Long Beach, California
 

Re: OffSeason! 

Post#45 » by Choker » Wed Oct 3, 2012 7:02 am

lilojmayo wrote:
casesuggs6 wrote:You guys might just get your wish on hoping Rudy Gay gets traded. I'm pretty close with some people in his camp and from what they are telling me, it sounds like he's not happy.
So a trade may just happen here in the future.


Rudy Gay is a big time player. You elected to Let Juice Mayo to go. Gotta keep Rudy now. He the only other Grizz who is a big time shot creator.


Not exactly, Bayless has that capability, and unlike Wroten and Selby he's proven to be able to do it in the NBA level.
RealGM thread model:

Pages 1-2: Gifs and one liner jokes in an attempt to harvest And1s
Pages 3-7: Actual discussion pertaining to the subject at hand
Pages 8-10: Two people getting into an intense vitriol argument
Marvin Martian
Starter
Posts: 2,358
And1: 641
Joined: Aug 13, 2012

Re: OffSeason! 

Post#46 » by Marvin Martian » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:35 am

If Quincy Pondexter continues this type of performance, I think we have found a long term solution at SG. We are still in need of a swingman and I still have no idea why Ellington is on the team. His only value is shooting and Selby does it better.
User avatar
Basketball MVP
Sophomore
Posts: 246
And1: 34
Joined: Oct 14, 2010
Location: grindhouse baby

Re: OffSeason! 

Post#47 » by Basketball MVP » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:53 am

Bayless could either fill the O.J Mayo bench void or become our next starting point guard. I seriously think he has starter potential. Depends on how much scoring load Gay and Z-Bo have.
Memphis basketball
Marvin Martian
Starter
Posts: 2,358
And1: 641
Joined: Aug 13, 2012

Re: OffSeason! 

Post#48 » by Marvin Martian » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:15 am

Basketball MVP wrote:Bayless could either fill the O.J Mayo bench void or become our next starting point guard. I seriously think he has starter potential. Depends on how much scoring load Gay and Z-Bo have.


Bayless has no shot at either. He's not as good as Conley and he does not have the size to play the 2 spot as OJ Mayo did. I can see Q Pon filing in for Allen for offensive late game situations
User avatar
Basketball MVP
Sophomore
Posts: 246
And1: 34
Joined: Oct 14, 2010
Location: grindhouse baby

Re: OffSeason! 

Post#49 » by Basketball MVP » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:38 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:
Basketball MVP wrote:Bayless could either fill the O.J Mayo bench void or become our next starting point guard. I seriously think he has starter potential. Depends on how much scoring load Gay and Z-Bo have.


Bayless has no shot at either. He's not as good as Conley and he does not have the size to play the 2 spot as OJ Mayo did. I can see Q Pon filing in for Allen for offensive late game situations

We'll see, Marv.
Memphis basketball
Marvin Martian
Starter
Posts: 2,358
And1: 641
Joined: Aug 13, 2012

Re: OffSeason! 

Post#50 » by Marvin Martian » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:25 am

Hollins is scaring me. I keep seeing him use a Conley-Bayless backcourt. We are not going to be a top 10 defense if he keeps doing this


Gasol stank it up against Houston.

Gay had a poor game but he got to the line often. I would like to see more of that. This is what a star player should do when his shot isn't falling

Conley is playing like an All Star

Selby should replace Ellington as the spotup shooter.
Marvin Martian
Starter
Posts: 2,358
And1: 641
Joined: Aug 13, 2012

Re: OffSeason! 

Post#51 » by Marvin Martian » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:30 am

Ellington should be released in favor of Pietrus who is still on the FA market. At least when Pietrus isn't hitting 3s, he is not a liability on defense.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies


Users browsing this forum: No registered users