Total votes: 31

KingTrue
Ballboy
And1: 0

OffSeason! 

Post#1 » by KingTrue » Tue May 15, 2012 2:50 am

Season Over Time For Us Act Like We Are General Mangers! :lol:

My Thought What Grizzles Need Do Take Next Step Be Nba Champs

1.Draft.Assume we picking at 22-27.Players there I think would help.According to NbaDraft.net this players will be around this time.
(John Jenkins Vanderbilt-3 pointer shooter compare to JJ Redick,Jody Meeks and Ray Allen type maybe replace OJ Mayo)-Next 2(One his teammates Jeffery Taylor or Fetus Ezeli-Vanderbilt.Taylor is great defender would fit in great he guards other team best player 1-3,improve shooter,really completes like Tony Allen he play real hard and jump out the gym he could replace OJ and backup Rudy.Fetus he is very raw just start basketball good shoot blocker,he play harder,a banger compare to a smaller DeAndre Jordan but could turn into a Dwight Howard or Bynum if he pick up nba game.Marquis Teague-Kentucky
he young point guard that get to rim with ease,need improve the shooting ability tho,make poor decision at times tho compare to Steve Francis.Doron Lamb-Kentucky another shooter something we need to me he more a score tho very underrated,clutch shooter and play ok defense compare to Marcus Thornton.Dion Waiters and Fab Melo-Syracuse.Dion Waiters is a slasher,play above the rim,great defender compare to Deshawn Stevenson.Fab Melo a raw big man had a big improve from his freshman season to sophomore he run the floor,has a nice mid range jumper,shoot blocker could be upgrade as a back center.Last but not atleast Quincy Miller has 7'3 wingspan,good mid rang shooter also has a solid low post game,really completes hard and need get bigger compare to Austin Daye.
My Grizzles Pick if my Gm If There-Jeffery Taylor he a grizzles type player

2.Resign
Darrell Arthur-Do we resign him or Speights could we get him cheaper because teams shy away with the injury he in training camp.My Answer Yes he be cheaper keep than Speights

Mo Speights-How much do the Grizzles value what he did for this team this year do they play more keep him than Arthur do they try keep both-My Answer Speight will not be with team next year

Oj Mayo-Do he take big contact and leave or he take one year tender come back at least for more year.Do we trade Rudy,Marc,Zach or Conley free up cap keep Mayo.My Answer No he play his last game for the grizzles.

Agent Zero,Lester Hudson,Haddadi be back-My Answer Lester yes on one year deal,Gilbert won't be back and Haddadi depends if we draft a center,Arthur and Speight are on team if both are dont think he be here or we pick a big in free agents

3.Free Agents/Trade
We need a shooters,not sure this Rudy and Zach thing can work do we trade one of them.Do we make a trade shake up the team.Maybe go after Ray Allen he bring an outside shooter,solid team defender and leadership playoffs been there done that.Do we sign experience point guard or let Selby, Pargo or Lester be back to Conley.My Answer point guard situation stay same.Think Chris Wallace brings Ray Allen replace Mayo.

2012=2013
Memphis Grizzles
pg:Michael Conley.J.Pargo,J.Selby
sg.Ray Allen-free agent guess),Tony Allen,L.Hudson',(Jeffery Taylor-draft pick guess)
sf.Rudy Gay,Quincy Pondexter,(Jeffery Taylor-draft pick guess)
pf:Zach Randolph,Darrell Arutur,Dante Cunningham
c.Marc Gasol,H.Hadadai

This team my guess healthy can win 57 games and be championship contender!

What moves would you make?
darkangle901
Starter
And1: 75

Re: OffSeason! 

Post#2 » by darkangle901 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:09 am

If we can't keep mayo:
- trade Rudy Gay for a more multi-faceted wing player (like Andre Iguodala)

if we can't keep speights:
- trade Rudy Gay for depth (Courtney Lee, Chase Budinger, and Patrick Patterson?)

If we can't keep speights or mayo:
- trade Zach Randolph for a defensive/rebounding PF/C and a playmaking combo guard (Elton Brand and Lou Williams?)

If we can keep both, it's probably necessary to reduce our payroll elsewhere, and that likely will mean trading either Randolph or Gay in a salary dump. I prefer trading Randolph due to his age, though I love him as a player.
You can borrow ten cents; my two cents is free
BLT
Junior
And1: 6

Post#3 » by BLT » Tue May 15, 2012 11:30 am

Curious, if you guys needed to dump Gay would you trade him to the hornets for Okafor and Ariza? 2 players with 1 less year on their contract than Gay.

Gay has 3 years 54 million or so left

Okafor has 2 years 28 million and ariza has 2 years at 14 million but that 2nd year is a player option? maybe he opts out in hopes of getting a longer contract?

Gives the hornets 2 good solid players to build around in Gordon and Gay and it gives you guys a lot more depth i think Conley Mayo Ariza Randolph Gasol (with Okafor backing them up.
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Post#4 » by jumivi » Tue May 15, 2012 12:49 pm

i would love to see evan turner in memphis uniform.

maybe some mayo for turner. it works for both sides.

then i want to trade Gay but when i see hes age i dont give up on him... yet, but... i just try to teach him to take the ball and make a decistion in 3 sec, then pass the ball, we need him to be more a catch and shoot (aka ray allen. he dosnt have the ballhandling to be a consistent 1 vs 1 player)

another player i want to see with memphis is budinger.

last thing, ours big have to learn to make good picks.
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#5 » by vanjulio » Tue May 15, 2012 3:37 pm

John Jenkins is definitely worth a look.

We had two opportunities to draft budinger with the 30 and 36 picks and passed both times. they don't consider him valuable. :(

Evan Turner is a bust. We could wait and scoop him up when he isn't given his rookie extension, team offer. But he doesn't provide the shooting we need at that position.

Okafor + Ariza is a no.

It's unlikely they would make any changes other than to keep DA for cheap. Speights, Mayo, Arenas, Haddadi, and Hudson are long gone. If they bring another big man or shooter it would be someone akin to Josh Davis, Blake Ahearn, or Tarence Kinsey 3.0

It's intriguing that Aaron Brooks is returning as a free agent.
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
HSOB SIRHC
General Manager
And1: 1,238

Post#6 » by HSOB SIRHC » Tue May 15, 2012 4:16 pm

The raptors will give you a package involving the 8th overall pick, 12 million in cash and a player in exchange for Rudy. Take it and go!
Credit to Turbozone
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie
And1: 544

Post#7 » by I Am Awesome-O » Tue May 15, 2012 8:19 pm

Trading Rudy for a lottery pick and cap space actually wouldn't be a bad idea. The dream would be to trade him to someone like the Cavs for a top-3 pick and cap space and draft Michael Kidd-Gilchrest, who would be a match made in heaven with the rest of our guys.

Then, hopefully they can get a piece or two in a sign-and-trade for Mayo. Even if it's just a draft pick. I think we can all agree that OJ is long gone.

I'd definitely keep DA over Speights. DA would have been HUGE for us had he been healthy for the playoffs - may have been the difference between fishing and duking it out with the Spurs at the Grindhouse.

At that point, they need to go out and get shooters and a backup PG. Perhaps both of those needs can be filled with one player. Maybe try to move up for someone like Austin Rivers, though we have a severe lack of assets to give up (perhaps we could get a little something in a Mayo sign-and-trade). Or try to sign a Ray Allen or Mo Williams with the MLE.

Grizz could go in plenty of different directions this summer. I still think our best shot at improvement starts with trading Rudy for a stud rookie like Kidd-Gilchrest.
KingTrue
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#8 » by KingTrue » Wed May 16, 2012 4:49 am

With News of day!

If i was Chris Wallace i trade Zach or Marc to free space and get picks build around Zach and Rudy or Marc and
Rudy.I keep Rudy over Zach he is younger need a good wing maybe resign DA for cheap.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#9 » by jman3134 » Thu May 17, 2012 2:37 pm

Trading Rudy for a lottery pick and cap space actually wouldn't be a bad idea. The dream would be to trade him to someone like the Cavs for a top-3 pick and cap space and draft Michael Kidd-Gilchrest, who would be a match made in heaven with the rest of our guys.

Then, hopefully they can get a piece or two in a sign-and-trade for Mayo. Even if it's just a draft pick. I think we can all agree that OJ is long gone.

I'd definitely keep DA over Speights. DA would have been HUGE for us had he been healthy for the playoffs - may have been the difference between fishing and duking it out with the Spurs at the Grindhouse.

At that point, they need to go out and get shooters and a backup PG. Perhaps both of those needs can be filled with one player. Maybe try to move up for someone like Austin Rivers, though we have a severe lack of assets to give up (perhaps we could get a little something in a Mayo sign-and-trade). Or try to sign a Ray Allen or Mo Williams with the MLE.

Grizz could go in plenty of different directions this summer. I still think our best shot at improvement starts with trading Rudy for a stud rookie like Kidd-Gilchrest.

Don't know if you have read my past posts, but I am the greatest advocate for picking up MKG. The guy perfectly fits our system and could be mentored by Tony Allen. He is in the process of working on his shot, which he never really had to do at the high school level. What is so amazing about this guy is the fact that he transitioned from post player to guard in one year, and was probably the second most valuable player on that UK team. He did this as the youngest player on the team as well.

Watching highlights do not tell the entire story. After watching our first round performance, it was clear that we needed leadership in the final quarter. We collapsed at times and did not know who to go to. Sure, Randolph just got back from injury, and I'm sure he'll be in better shape next year. (let's hope) But, MKG is a clutch player who has won his entire career and does not accept anything less. He organized early morning workout sessions at UK, so even in the worst case scenario, he will challenge our players to be better than they already are. MKG is going to be one of the most special players to hit the NBA in recent years, and I would be extremely sad to see us miss selecting someone who embodies our team's persona. I would be willing to trade virtually anyone with the exception of Zach, Marc, and Michael. But, I would prefer it if we could get him for Mayo, Speights, cash and a future first rounder. Anyone think that would be possible? We could also accept a dumb contract.
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie

Post#10 » by I Am Awesome-O » Thu May 17, 2012 6:13 pm

Don't know if you have read my past posts, but I am the greatest advocate for picking up MKG. The guy perfectly fits our system and could be mentored by Tony Allen. He is in the process of working on his shot, which he never really had to do at the high school level. What is so amazing about this guy is the fact that he transitioned from post player to guard in one year, and was probably the second most valuable player on that UK team. He did this as the youngest player on the team as well.

Watching highlights do not tell the entire story. After watching our first round performance, it was clear that we needed leadership in the final quarter. We collapsed at times and did not know who to go to. Sure, Randolph just got back from injury, and I'm sure he'll be in better shape next year. (let's hope) But, MKG is a clutch player who has won his entire career and does not accept anything less. He organized early morning workout sessions at UK, so even in the worst case scenario, he will challenge our players to be better than they already are. MKG is going to be one of the most special players to hit the NBA in recent years, and I would be extremely sad to see us miss selecting someone who embodies our team's persona. I would be willing to trade virtually anyone with the exception of Zach, Marc, and Michael. But, I would prefer it if we could get him for Mayo, Speights, cash and a future first rounder. Anyone think that would be possible? We could also accept a dumb contract.[/quote]

Haha - haven't been on RGM lately. Guess great minds think alike.

I think the only way we could get our hands on him is by giving up Gay+. Mayo and Speights aren't going to have much S&T value. I'd be hoping for a late 1st at best for both of them. However, I'd give up Gay for MKG in a heartbeat. I don't think I can articulate enough how wonderful MKG would be on this team. Sublime player that would be a sublime fit with the Grizzlies' fellow grinders.
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie

Post#11 » by I Am Awesome-O » Thu May 17, 2012 6:14 pm

jman3134 wrote:Don't know if you have read my past posts, but I am the greatest advocate for picking up MKG. The guy perfectly fits our system and could be mentored by Tony Allen. He is in the process of working on his shot, which he never really had to do at the high school level. What is so amazing about this guy is the fact that he transitioned from post player to guard in one year, and was probably the second most valuable player on that UK team. He did this as the youngest player on the team as well.

Watching highlights do not tell the entire story. After watching our first round performance, it was clear that we needed leadership in the final quarter. We collapsed at times and did not know who to go to. Sure, Randolph just got back from injury, and I'm sure he'll be in better shape next year. (let's hope) But, MKG is a clutch player who has won his entire career and does not accept anything less. He organized early morning workout sessions at UK, so even in the worst case scenario, he will challenge our players to be better than they already are. MKG is going to be one of the most special players to hit the NBA in recent years, and I would be extremely sad to see us miss selecting someone who embodies our team's persona. I would be willing to trade virtually anyone with the exception of Zach, Marc, and Michael. But, I would prefer it if we could get him for Mayo, Speights, cash and a future first rounder. Anyone think that would be possible? We could also accept a dumb contract.

Haha - haven't been on RGM lately. Guess great minds think alike.

I think the only way we could get our hands on him is by giving up Gay+. Mayo and Speights aren't going to have much S&T value. I'd be hoping for a late 1st at best for both of them. However, I'd give up Gay for MKG in a heartbeat. I don't think I can articulate enough how wonderful MKG would be on this team. Sublime player that would be a sublime fit with the Grizzlies' fellow grinders.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by jman3134 » Thu May 17, 2012 8:08 pm

Eh, I think it would be more like MKG + for Gay because of the concerns surrounding his jump shot and the fact that he is still a work in progress, whereas Gay has the capability right now to be a borderline allstar. The Clippers series didn't help him any, but he still has a world of talent.

Personally, I would prefer not to give him up if we didn't have to. I don't think that you can get Mayo in the late first round of this draft and the same goes for Speights. Many first round picks do not become rotation players, so trading for guaranteed guys who can add some value is worthwhile. Thereby, I think that they have enough value to earn a high draft pick, just maybe not number 3.
PistolP
Analyst
And1: 335

Post#13 » by PistolP » Fri May 18, 2012 12:42 am

Thoughts on a Deng for Gay swap? Deng makes about $3m less next season, freeing up that space to be used elsewear, while not being much of a downgrade.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#14 » by jman3134 » Fri May 18, 2012 4:12 am

Hey, do you have any pull with the Bulls management? I'd do that any day without hesitation.
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#15 » by vanjulio » Fri May 18, 2012 12:48 pm

Luol Deng, Noah for Gay and Speights sign and trade.
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
PistolP
Analyst
And1: 335

Post#16 » by PistolP » Fri May 18, 2012 10:11 pm

vanjulio wrote:Luol Deng, Noah for Gay and Speights sign and trade.

That doesn't make sense for either team. Serious talent downgrade for Chicago. Puts Memphis over the LT.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 509

Post#17 » by TheCage4 » Mon May 21, 2012 5:57 am

1. Draft-
Draft a front court player (PF/C) or move the pick for future incentives. Losing Randolph & Arthur left the team very thin & Haddadi simply does not bring anything of real value to the court. If there is a prospect that can contribute right away I'd draft him, otherwise I'd move the pick. There is no more room on this team for projects anymore.

2. Resign-
Arthur v. Speights: Although Speights played great for the Grizzlies this past season I think it's safe to say the team played better with Arthur. Try to bring back Arthur (if healthy), & see where the league interest is in Speights before just letting him go. I'd like to keep both, but financially it most likely will not be an option.

Mayo: It's time to move on. Try to work a sign & trade to get some type of value in return. Otherwise, for financial reasons, Mayo walks.

Arenas/Haddadi: So long, farewell.

3. Free Agents/Trade-
If Mayo walks, the Grizzlies will need some type of firepower off of the bench. Jamal Crawford is opting out in Portland. He'd be my top target, as he is accustom to coming off the bench in a sixth man roll. I doubt Ray Allen is an option and Jason Terry most likely will want to much money. Nate Robinson could be a cheap risk/high reward option. Leandro Barbosa is another possibility. Gerald Green has become relevant again & guys like Tracy McGrady & Michael Redd could be had possibly for the vet minimum.

As for trades I'd really try to keep this group together. I believe Gay/Randolph can work. If not, I'd trade Gay before I moved Randolph.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
NiqtheAntiq
Senior
And1: 227

Post#18 » by NiqtheAntiq » Mon May 21, 2012 2:57 pm

all we need to do is dump Gay on the Bobcats for Augustin,Maggette and fillers. He could do more to help that team than ours and we could have cap flexibility going into the future.
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,526

Post#19 » by TheRaptor! » Tue May 22, 2012 8:42 am

How do you guys feel about Calderon's 10 million expiring + Ed Davis + James Johnson for Rudy Gay?
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#20 » by jman3134 » Tue May 22, 2012 8:33 pm

No way.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies