ImageImage

The Official Trade Proposal Thread

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

Snoopie
Junior
And1: 14

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#141 » by Snoopie » Tue May 28, 2013 11:57 pm

Oh good LORD I hope we don't get Kris Humphries! The guy is spud, plain and simple. :lol:

I'm not surprised that Z-Bo's name is being thrown around.. he is owed a tonne of money over the next couple of years (something like $34 million I think) and we have Ed Davis on the bench who was absolutely beasting for the Raptors when he was starting there... Personally I would hope to see Z-Bo finish his career out at Memphis, but the new head office team made their priorities clear when they took over and I think Z-Bo is likely to go the way of Rudy Gay...

We need a genuine three point threat who will legitimately spread the floor. Not a three point threat like Bayless who only hits shots when he has no right making them or Pondexter who is, so far, largely inconsistent with form. Bayless is probably gone anyway as I imagine he will want to exercise his option and test the market.
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#142 » by dark-child » Fri May 31, 2013 3:45 pm

I agree moving Z-BO will happen and it should be pretty easy as there are a number of possible destinations if the Brass is willing to take a bad contract? I think they may also attempt to move Prince as well because he is really showing his age and you can't be old and slow on the wing in this league.

Here are a few of my dream targets for Z-BO:

Boston - Jeff Green and either Courtney Lee or Jason Terry

Charlotte Bobcats - 2013 first rounder #4 overall or Michael Kidd-Gilchrist & Tyrus Thomas

Toronto - Landry Fields and Andre Bragnani
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#143 » by vanjulio » Fri May 31, 2013 4:07 pm

dark-child wrote:I agree moving Z-BO will happen and it should be pretty easy as there are a number of possible destinations if the Brass is willing to take a bad contract? I think they may also attempt to move Prince as well because he is really showing his age and you can't be old and slow on the wing in this league.

Here are a few of my dream targets for Z-BO:

Boston - Jeff Green and either Courtney Lee or Jason Terry

Charlotte Bobcats - 2013 first rounder #4 overall or Michael Kidd-Gilchrist & Tyrus Thomas

Toronto - Landry Fields and Andre Bragnani

I'm interested in your angle here. Are you trying to move ZBO because of a team chemistry issue? Why would you make such terrible trades? You could just amnesty his remaining contract and not have to take back other much worse players like the ones mentioned. I guess I'm missing the big picture. Are you trying to land a top draft pick in the 2014/2015/2016 drafts by tanking the next couple seasons?
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#144 » by dark-child » Fri May 31, 2013 4:53 pm

The shot callers in the organization, rightfully or wrongly believe it is against there principles to pay max money in this small a market for the return they are getting, couple that with the declining return from Z-BO and that they traded for the above the rim talent of Ed Davis whom coach Hollins will not play if he has other options.

Another huge factor is that of the assets you are willing to move a Randolph deal will bring you the best return to balance the roster. Trading him this off season when his value is still relatively high before it plummets is optimal.
eitanr
General Manager
And1: 291

Post#145 » by eitanr » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:48 am

Wacky idea here but I think it works. How about the Grizz try and net two potential lotto picks in a deep 2014 draft while sti contend next season?

Deal 1 - Conley JR for Stuckey, top 3 protected 2014 pick

Deal 2 - ZBO for P. gasol, top 3 protected 2014 pick

Grizz sign Jose Calderon to 2 yr 5 mill deal. Memphis reunites the gasol brothers and Jose in an all Spanish trio. I think that team with the chemistry prowess can go deep. Of course they net 2 extra picks in 2014...not bad
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
comingbacktousa
Rookie
And1: 116

Post#146 » by comingbacktousa » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:56 am

eitanr wrote:Deal 2 - ZBO for P. gasol, top 3 protected 2014 pick

Why would the Lakers do that? Gasol is better than Z-bo and by all reports they don't want salary 2014 summer.

How about Ben Gordon plus 2014 Detroit pick Charlotte owns for Z-bo?

Saves 4 million in cap space this year and expires, provides outside shooting which is much needed in Memphis especially if Bayless opts out, while also getting a 2014 lottery pick(most likely). Gordon also provides some insurance in case Allen goes else where but think he is better suited as coming off the bench with Bayless as instant offense.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,515

Post#147 » by BarbaGrizz » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:18 am

comingbacktousa wrote:
Gasol is better than Z-bo

fixed
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#148 » by dark-child » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:04 pm

Besides the fact that the Lakers are on the hook for three first round picks to Phoenix and you can't trade first
rounders in consecutive years that pick would not be available until 2019, also it is very debatable regarding who is better between Pau Gasol and ZBO, plus most Memphians believe they have the Gasol that they want, no need for another, been there and done that.
AKFO
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,734

Post#149 » by AKFO » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:21 pm

Wondering what to guys would think of Jeff Green for Prince, Davis, and your first next year. Thanks.
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#150 » by dark-child » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:41 pm

I am in the minority regarding acquiring Jeff Green, but it is not likely that they will trade Ed Davis anytime soon. I would favor Prince and Bayless for Green and that's it. The Grizz traded 2013 first so they can't trade their 2014 first rounder anyway.
ferk
Starter
And1: 689

Post#151 » by ferk » Mon Jul 1, 2013 10:54 am

I'd rather move prince to save money.
PAGrizzFan
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#152 » by PAGrizzFan » Tue Jul 2, 2013 6:44 am

YiJiLi wrote:Wondering what to guys would think of Jeff Green for Prince, Davis, and your first next year. Thanks.

What makes you think many teams around the league don't value Davis more than Mr. Pacemaker.

The Celtics were already dumb enough to take on Gerald Wallace's contract, I doubt they would take Prince's.
eitanr
General Manager

Post#153 » by eitanr » Tue Jul 2, 2013 2:16 pm

I posted the following on the trade board:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1260338

Z-Bo for Gallo

I just think if Denver loses Iggy they will need to make a big move to retain scoring punch. Meanwhile Gallo spaces the floor extremely well for Gasol/Allen/Prince/Conley
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

PAGrizzFan
Sophomore

Post#154 » by PAGrizzFan » Tue Jul 2, 2013 5:48 pm

eitanr wrote:I posted the following on the trade board:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1260338

Z-Bo for Gallo

I just think if Denver loses Iggy they will need to make a big move to retain scoring punch. Meanwhile Gallo spaces the floor extremely well for Gasol/Allen/Prince/Conley

If Davis started at the PF and Prince came off the bench. That lineup needs more rebounding.

Also, know the Nuggets turned down a Gallo for Gay trade last year which made me very sad
eitanr
General Manager

Post#155 » by eitanr » Wed Jul 3, 2013 1:34 pm

More rebounding would be needed, you are right. But if Iggy doesn't come back to Denver, the Nuggets can absorb Z-Bo's deal saving the Grizz boat loads of money.

I would probably try and work another deal for Rondo...using Davis+Conley JR potentially and trying to net Hump somehow as well to help on the boards...maybe its too much of a makeover from one season.

PAGrizzFan
Sophomore

Post#156 » by PAGrizzFan » Wed Jul 3, 2013 2:39 pm

eitanr wrote:More rebounding would be needed, you are right. But if Iggy doesn't come back to Denver, the Nuggets can absorb Z-Bo's deal saving the Grizz boat loads of money.

I would probably try and work another deal for Rondo...using Davis+Conley JR potentially and trying to net Hump somehow as well to help on the boards...maybe its too much of a makeover from one season.

Why would Grizz give up Conley who is FINALLY coming into his own after putting up with him for the first few years of his career and he has a very good contract as well.

And then trade Davis who was the piece in the Gay trade they wanted the most. Makes total sense.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Post#157 » by minimus » Wed Jul 3, 2013 5:57 pm

After all latest moves in LAC I think it's time to get Billups.

Mayo, Korver, JR Smith have just agreed to sign new contracts. So who can Memphis get now?
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#158 » by dark-child » Thu Jul 4, 2013 5:05 pm

It seems we are more than covered at the SG position so it looks like a SF with range if they go the free agent market. The Italian league guy that is no longer a secret, Matt Barnes, Corey Brewer, Dorrel Wright are the likely candidates and attainable given the limited funds and mid level exception we have to work with.
PAGrizzFan
Sophomore

Post#159 » by PAGrizzFan » Thu Jul 4, 2013 6:59 pm

dark-child wrote:It seems we are more than covered at the SG position so it looks like a SF with range if they go the free agent market. The Italian league guy that is no longer a secret, Matt Barnes, Corey Brewer, Dorrel Wright are the likely candidates and attainable given the limited funds and mid level exception we have to work with.

Like Barnes/Wright/Belinelli, but not Brewer because he can't shot the 3 that well.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Post#160 » by minimus » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:32 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6314671

Z-Bo for Ilysova & Gooden. Will be good for both sides. Bucks get proven low post scorer, Grizzlies get stretch PF, give more time to Ed Davis.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies