Post#42 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Jun 7, 2012 7:20 pm

I think the Toronto trade is the deal. My prediction:

Toronto trades:
Linas Kleiza
Ed Davis

Memphis trades:
Rudy Gay
2016 TOR 2nd

I get the feeling TOR is invested in getting #25 and that our plan is to package it with #37 to try and get someone in the Rivers, Harkless, T Zeller, or a guy like Lillard or Marshall if they fall - then Colangelo can say they didn't lose much by falling from 8 to 25 and that we were considering whoever we take that high anyways

MEM clears capspace, gets 8th overall and Kleiza and Davis can be rotation guys. Kleiza is actually a great fit for you guys because he can play 3pt shooting PF minutes beside Zbo and Gasol, along with filling it at SF
More Bang For The Bucks
Starter
And1: 0

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#43 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Thu Jun 7, 2012 7:58 pm

dark-child wrote:No way the Grizz send Gay and the #25 for that.

Gay is not a scrub he just happens to be the asset who can bring the most in return. The Grizz do not have to trade him as we are not over the luxury tax threshold but in an effort to address all of our needs we would do so. ( I hope this explanation helps your offers going forward)

Milwaukee sends - #12, Ekpe Udoh, mike dunleavy, drew gooden
Memphis sends R. Gay

This is the type of offer that would be considered.

As for Detroit, a deal for you is a lot more cumbersome due to the pieces you can offer are all on bad contracts or not significant upgrades to be considered. Your #9 has some value but you have nothing to pare with it that we crave so you are in need of a trade partner to pull off a multi team deal. Sorry!

Counter with Tobias Harris or Luc Richard Bah A Moute in place of Udoh: Thoughts?
by LUKE23 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 am
I certainly wouldn't be dancing in the streets or bestowing a bunch of praise on Hammond though.
It's like taking three huge dumps on your kitchen floor, then cleaning up one of them.
something47
Junior
And1: 30

Post#44 » by something47 » Thu Jun 7, 2012 10:37 pm

dark-child wrote:Your trade does not seem to work and more importantly it is still based upon the premise that Memphis wants to get under the CAP which is not true. They want to improve the team and avoid the luxury tax and that is a big difference.

Here is a revised deal involving the teams you selected. Not included are the #13 & #25 going to Memphis.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... Id=7ppuzdo

The deal I proposed work because PHX needs 2.5 Million more in space (which they can easily get by amnestying Childress, which they are expecting to do already) And personally I would much rather do the trade your proposing but I honestly dont think anyone will take on Haywoods contract...so back to my original point it should work once PHX amnesties Childress or if a team is willing to take on Warrick's Contract
AllanShearer
Ballboy

Post#45 » by AllanShearer » Fri Jun 8, 2012 4:17 am

dark-child wrote:Your trade does not seem to work and more importantly it is still based upon the premise that Memphis wants to get under the CAP which is not true. They want to improve the team and avoid the luxury tax and that is a big difference.

Here is a revised deal involving the teams you selected. Not included are the #13 & #25 going to Memphis.

Your comment is very impressive but your another trade suggestion is really laughable.
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#46 » by dark-child » Fri Jun 8, 2012 8:53 pm

AllanShearer wrote:

Your comment is very impressive but your another trade suggestion is really laughable.

Granted it may be but no one expected Denver to get the deal they got nor Utah to end up with the ransom they received for D. Will. While Rudy is not exactly on there level timing is everything and when every team in the top ten draft lottery could use that SF upgrade who is locked in financially for the next four years at only 26 years of age the possibilities are endless or at least a handsome reward could be at hand.

If your organization is unwilling to pay that fee that is fine but all it takes is one to be willing.
It_Was_Typed
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#47 » by It_Was_Typed » Sat Jun 9, 2012 2:33 pm

Grizzlies get: Kevin Martin, #14
Rockets get: Rudy Gay, #25

Grizzlies get Martin, a highly efficient scorer. Martin had a down year, but I think he'll bounce back. He has one year left on his contract, at a little under $12 million. The Grizzlies should be able to re-sign him after next season, especially at a lower price. That will help create some financial flexibility going forward. Pick #14, I would use on Quincy Miller or Terrence Ross. I'm not sure either player could be counted to be a rotation player next season, but they have good potential down the road. I would like to ask for Chandler Parsons or Chase Budinger in addition to Martin and the pick, but that might be asking for too much.

What do you guys think?
#JuiceIsFree
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#48 » by dark-child » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:25 am

No that package is not enough to move him.

Furthermore not sure trading him within the division would ever happen. They regularly trade marginal talents within the division but not stars.
jredsaz
General Manager
And1: 2,788

Post#49 » by jredsaz » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:45 pm

dark-child wrote:
AllanShearer wrote:

Granted it may be but no one expected Denver to get the deal they got nor Utah to end up with the ransom they received for D. Will. While Rudy is not exactly on there level timing is everything and when every team in the top ten draft lottery could use that SF upgrade who is locked in financially for the next four years at only 26 years of age the possibilities are endless or at least a handsome reward could be at hand.

If your organization is unwilling to pay that fee that is fine but all it takes is one to be willing.

So the Suns would give up Gortat AND their 13th pick for Josh Smith? Now that is laughable...
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#50 » by dark-child » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:10 pm

It doesn't seem that outrageous to me but he is your guy, without a bold move this summer you lose the possibility along with Nash so try fetching something great with your other pieces.

It's not our problem. Good luck with it!
RebelWithACause
Starter
And1: 537

Post#51 » by RebelWithACause » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:59 pm

Would you guys consider Jeremy Tyler+35 for 25?
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#52 » by dark-child » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:05 pm

IMO #25 is too fringe and the possibility exists that someone very good could slip so you never know and a deal is unlikely prior to draft night, but on the surface it doesn't seem like your offer is sufficient.
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie
And1: 544

Post#53 » by I Am Awesome-O » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:59 pm

ElMaestro90 wrote:Would you guys consider Jeremy Tyler+35 for 25?

It would definitely be a draft day deal. But if there isn't a major slip or someone that the Grizzlies are in love with available at 25, this deal wouldn't be bad at all.
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#54 » by dark-child » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:02 am

DO YOU WANT TO SEE SOMETHING VERY SCARY?

Memphis - trade Rudy Gay
Memphis recieves - Chandler Parsons and Kevin Martin from Houston and Josh McRoberts from the Lakers, a swap of first rounders with the 16th and 25th as well is possible

Houston - trade Chandler Parsons, Kevin Martin, and Luis Scola
Houston receives Pau Gasol and may swap their second first rounder for the 25 overall pick

LA Lakers - trade Pau Gasol and Josh McRoberts
La Lakers receive Rudy Gay and Luis Scola
(Kyle Lowry can be substituted for Scola and Josh McRoberts left out of the deal, it works that way as well)

What is scary is the three teams are traditional trading partners and I don't see any reasons why they would not go for a deal like this but it potentially makes their trading partner stronger and all three teams are in the same conference.

VERY SCARY!
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#55 » by mlloyd10 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:51 pm

Would you do Ellis and Moute for Gay?
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#56 » by dark-child » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:09 pm

A Gay for Ellis swap is cumbersome because to make Ellis really fit here we would have to move Conley which I am not personally oppossed to doing but we would need a lot of value in return.

We don't even have the mid level salaries to make a Conley for Ellis swap even if Milwaukee didn't think that was laughable.
magic wand time
Junior
And1: 6

Post#57 » by magic wand time » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:21 am

Heisley wants Gasol bros pairing link on Laker board says from this weekends NY Daily news (or so).
What's the lowball offer? Is he even the owner anymore?
milesfides wrote:If I were management and I saw one of my players crying, tweeting, and listening to Drake, I would punch him in the face.

Stern's Legacy in two words: BASKETBALL REASONS {the NBA's future instantly changed}
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#58 » by dark-child » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:26 pm

Heisley (owner) respects Pau there is no question about that but if anyone believes the story then I would like to sell you oceanfront property in Anartica. (Don't laugh with Global warming this is prime real estate that will be usable in no time)
Arcadia
Banned User

Post#59 » by Arcadia » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:05 am

magic wand time wrote:Heisley wants Gasol bros pairing link on Laker board says from this weekends NY Daily news (or so).
What's the lowball offer? Is he even the owner anymore?

Maybe Zach + Pargo + Cunningham <-> Pau +2rd pick
jmj1757
Ballboy

Post#60 » by jmj1757 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:40 am

Grizzlies OUT: Rudy Gay
Sign and trade OJ Mayo
#25 Pick
Lakers OUT: Sign and Trade Ramon Sessions
Pau Gasol
Amnesty Ron Artest