ImageImage

The Official Trade Proposal Thread

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

jefe
General Manager
And1: 635

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#241 » by jefe » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:08 pm

Jajwanda wrote:How would you guys say Ed Davis played at C this year?

The same way he did at PF - awful. He's way too light to play C beyond spot minutes - he has issues being pushed around by the heavier PFs like Griffin.
KI-DW-TT-AB
Veteran
And1: 2,309

Post#242 » by KI-DW-TT-AB » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:11 pm

Are you guys still looking to move Marc?

I know you'd love Waiters, versatile scorer that doesn't mind playing the 6th man, high motor, very athletic, defense isn't bad but would drastically improve playing with Tony Allen & others.

Think clearing cap space, we did this in the past, that 1st rounder that's oddly protected to favor the Cavs? we still have it. Speaking of that trade, I see Jon Leuer is doing well for you, since you got down this toughing up big white boys thing, we also have Tyler Zeller, who needs just that.

So, what would do it?
#FreeGuwop
jefe
General Manager
And1: 635

Post#243 » by jefe » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:19 pm

KI-DW-TT-AB wrote:Are you guys still looking to move Marc?

I know you'd love Waiters, versatile scorer that doesn't mind playing the 6th man, high motor, very athletic, defense isn't bad but would drastically improve playing with Tony Allen & others.

Think clearing cap space, we did this in the past, that 1st rounder that's oddly protected to favor the Cavs? we still have it. Speaking of that trade, I see Jon Leuer is doing well for you, since you got down this toughing up big white boys thing, we also have Tyler Zeller, who needs just that.

So, what would do it?

I wouldn't say Marc is untouchable, but I would say that the list of players we'd move him for is exceedingly small.
KI-DW-TT-AB
Veteran
And1: 2,309

Post#244 » by KI-DW-TT-AB » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:26 pm

jefe wrote:
KI-DW-TT-AB wrote:Are you guys still looking to move Marc?

So, what would do it?

I wouldn't say Marc is untouchable, but I would say that the list of players we'd move him for is exceedingly small.

Understandable.
#FreeGuwop
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#245 » by dark-child » Wed Jul 2, 2014 7:14 pm

I read a post on Grizzly Bears Blue, and in the article the following was floated:

Austin Rivers & Ryan Anderson from the Pelicans
for
Tayshaun Prince and Courtney Lee

I found it very interesting since the incoming pieces would not hamper our 2015 cap space plans
and would improve the team greatly.

The only question is Ryan Anderson completely healed from the back injury and does he have the foot speed to play the SF position.
The shoot first combo guard in Austin Rivers is okay but would much rather have a sign and trade of Brian Roberts instead.
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#246 » by Boarder Patrol » Mon Jul 7, 2014 1:28 pm

Knicks fan here:

JR Smith, rights to Thanasis Antetokounmpo

for

Tayshaun Prince

--

We clear Smith's salary in 2015 (he has a player option and may opt out though with the deals role players are getting this year). You guys get a better 3 and an additional outside shooting threat, who could do really well if surrounded by your strict vet culture and quality coaching. Get a prospect for your troubles, has good measurables and could be a nice defender.
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#247 » by dark-child » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:36 pm

We would love to do this deal but we simply can not since JR Smith is not a true SF and we have more depth at SG than we know what to do with, so adding to the mix with JR is not a good idea.
mid-post
Analyst
And1: 70

Post#248 » by mid-post » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:17 pm

Hell yeah you do that deal. Prince is 100% washed up and you get a prospect and a solid perimeter threat in return? All day erday.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#249 » by SD2042 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:32 pm

Would not to that deal that involves J.R. Smith. He can shoot you in and out of games too much. He's a SG and a track record of antics so far into his career is a concern as well.

Have a couple of trades

Trade #1

Grizzlies trade N.Calathes and J. Franklin

TO

Magic for M. Harkless and 2015 second round draft pick via Bulls

For the Grizzlies: Harkless is a young and upcoming player in the league. He's a great athlete with a quick step. Can cut to the basket at will. Continues to improve on his offense versatility in terms of moves and jumper. Deceptive defender and decent rebounder. Can use a new environment with some veteran presence who can show him the ropes of progressing his skills for the long term.

For the Magic: Calathes returns to Florida where his collegiate career began. He would fill in at the backup PG position the Magic needs. Can pass the rock, solid defender, good pickpocket, can cut to the basket. Franklin goes to the Magic for defensive and depth purposes for the Magic.

Trade #2

Grizzlies trade T. Prince and Q. Pondexter

TO

Lakers for S. Nash

For the Grizzlies: This trade is for salary cap purposes as Nash's contract expires next summer. Nash is likely to be waived once the deal is done.

For the Lakers: The Lakers need to fill empty spots at SF. With Prince, he's an expiring contract. Like Nash, his contract will come off the books next summer. He will provide veteran experience and spot up duty in limited minutes. Q-Pon when healthy, can provide the team with some spot up shooting from the perimeter and is a decent defender and is sitting on a moderate contract that the Lakers can work with.
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#250 » by dark-child » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:44 pm

SD2042 wrote:Would not to that deal that involves J.R. Smith. He can shoot you in and out of games too much. He's a SG and a track record of antics so far into his career is a concern as well.

Have a couple of trades

Trade #1

Grizzlies trade N.Calathes and J. Franklin

TO

Magic for M. Harkless and 2015 second round draft pick via Bulls

For the Grizzlies: Harkless is a young and upcoming player in the league. He's a great athlete with a quick step. Can cut to the basket at will. Continues to improve on his offense versatility in terms of moves and jumper. Deceptive defender and decent rebounder. Can use a new environment with some veteran presence who can show him the ropes of progressing his skills for the long term.

For the Magic: Calathes returns to Florida where his collegiate career began. He would fill in at the backup PG position the Magic needs. Can pass the rock, solid defender, good pickpocket, can cut to the basket. Franklin goes to the Magic for defensive and depth purposes for the Magic.

Trade #2

Grizzlies trade T. Prince and Q. Pondexter

TO

Lakers for S. Nash

For the Grizzlies: This trade is for salary cap purposes as Nash's contract expires next summer. Nash is likely to be waived once the deal is done.

For the Lakers: The Lakers need to fill empty spots at SF. With Prince, he's an expiring contract. Like Nash, his contract will come off the books next summer. He will provide veteran experience and spot up duty in limited minutes. Q-Pon when healthy, can provide the team with some spot up shooting from the perimeter and is a decent defender and is sitting on a moderate contract that the Lakers can work with.

Of the two, it would seem the Lakers deal would be more likely. As for which of the two I would personally prefer than I am luke warm on both, the Orlando deal makes some sense from a lack of PG depth at Orlando but they have a gang of SG already but adding Franklin is being done cheaply. As for the Lakers deal, I feel we should be able to get more for Prince/Pondexter as Nash will not play for anyone if traded and thus would be waived/bought out so it is basically a cost cutting move. I don't like it as it is based on the premise that we can acquire a top free agent next year given our cap space, and in the history of the Grizz the biggest free agent signing has been last week Carter sigining in terms of star power and Brian Cardinal in terms of dollars.
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Post#251 » by jumivi » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:55 pm

Sources told ESPN.com the Kings have continued to express interest in Smith and the parties are on the hunt for a third team that could help facilitate the deal. ESPN.com -

why not us...

Detroit gets: Thompson, Prince, Franklin
Sacaramento gets: J. Smith
Memphis gets: D. Williams

or

Detroit gets: Thompson, Prince, Mclemore
Sacaramento gets: J. Smith, C. Lee
Memphis gets: D. Williams, J. Terry

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6489017

need more?

Detroit gets: Thompson, Prince, Mclemore, Outlaw
Sacaramento gets: J. Smith, C. Lee, Bynum, Pondexter

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6489025
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#252 » by dark-child » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:22 pm

jumivi wrote:Sources told ESPN.com the Kings have continued to express interest in Smith and the parties are on the hunt for a third team that could help facilitate the deal. ESPN.com -

why not us...

Detroit gets: Thompson, Prince, Franklin
Sacaramento gets: J. Smith
Memphis gets: D. Williams

or

Detroit gets: Thompson, Prince, Mclemore
Sacaramento gets: J. Smith, C. Lee

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6489017

need more?

Detroit gets: Thompson, Prince, Mclemore, Outlaw
Sacaramento gets: J. Smith, C. Lee, Bynum, Pondexter

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6489025

I was thinking the exact same thing, especially the first scenario but not a fan of the second since Terry is included but we could always buy him out since we would not want minutes taken away from Adams. I would also love to keep Pondexter and trade either Lee or Allen since Pondexter can swing between the SG & SF.

I think Adams is a real player and needs minutes so a SG has got to go.
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Post#253 » by jumivi » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:32 pm

Im also want to keep Q and Lee, couse im not sold on Adams yet. With Vince, we need a sf that could play pf (d.williams/t.young/j.green) so all can play more minutes. We have a "problem" there.
Another need that we should solve is a shot blocker, i want someone like Bismack Biyombo. He played 14 min for charlotte last year. We need someone like him, if need, i would trade Kosta for him. Something like Kosta, Franklin for Bismack, Taylor.
Koorverfor3
Sophomore
And1: 118

Post#254 » by Koorverfor3 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:03 am

You should target Martell Webster from Washington...Knockdown shooter and with Pierce and Porter in the fold he may become expandable.

Washington needs a backup combo guard, send either Lee or Calethis

C. Gasol/Koufos
F. Zbo/Stokes
F. Carter/Webster/Prince
G. Allen/Adams/Pondexter
G. Conley/Calethesis
"I just told myself whoever was guarding me I was gonna destroy them" D'Angelo Russell said.
Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Post#255 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:14 pm

Koorverfor3 wrote:You should target Martell Webster from Washington...Knockdown shooter and with Pierce and Porter in the fold he may become expandable.

Washington needs a backup combo guard, send either Lee or Calethis

C. Gasol/Koufos
F. Zbo/Stokes
F. Carter/Webster/Prince
G. Allen/Adams/Pondexter
G. Conley/Calethesis

That should be a no brainer if washington is willing to do that. Courtney lee for webster works salary wise afaik. I'd rather give them pondexter and calathes but that doesn't work according to the trad machine.

Next i'd consider trading prince for jason thompson and reggie evans. Memphis needs a backup pf and sacramento has too many. I'd expect the kings to gladly accept prince's expiring.

pg: conley/udrih
sg: allen/adams/calathes
sf: carter/webster/pondexter
pf: randolph/thompson/leuer/evans
c: gasol/koufos

After that i'd look into packaging calathes, pondexter and evans for a backup sg, maybe gerald henderson. Possibly give the bobcats a pick.

pg: conley/udrih
sg: allen/henderson/adams
sf: carter/webster
pf: randolph/thompson/leuer
c: gasol/koufos

That's a pretty deep lineup imo and a lot better than the current one.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#256 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:31 pm

dark-child wrote:I read a post on Grizzly Bears Blue, and in the article the following was floated:

Austin Rivers & Ryan Anderson from the Pelicans
for
Tayshaun Prince and Courtney Lee

I found it very interesting since the incoming pieces would not hamper our 2015 cap space plans
and would improve the team greatly.

The only question is Ryan Anderson completely healed from the back injury and does he have the foot speed to play the SF position.
The shoot first combo guard in Austin Rivers is okay but would much rather have a sign and trade of Brian Roberts instead.

Ryan Anderson barely has enough foot speed to defend PF's. He is a very poor defender. Memphis would be better off with Earl Clark unless they need long range shooting Ryno can bring.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

Post#257 » by Zordor » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:29 pm

These are perhaps a bit more far fetched, but worth considering (remembering these might include potential draft picks on our part as well), Trading Prince, Q-Pon, and Calathes to the knicks for Shumpert and Bargnani (both are expiring contracts, both are heavily being shopped by the knicks) , Second Trade is trading Prince, Calathes and Q-Pon to the Timberwolves for expiring contract of JJ Barea, and Gourgi Dieng, and the last being trading Prince, Q-Pon, Koufus (and potentially Calathes as well) to the LA Lakers for Steve Nash (his contract will come off the books at seasons end), Julius Randle, and Robert Sacre
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#258 » by No-Man » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:36 pm

Lee, Pondexter, Koufos and lowering the protection of the pick you owe to them for Waiters and Thompson.

Conley-Calathes
Waiters-Allen-Adams
Prince-Carter
Randolph-Leuer-Stokes
Gasol-Thompson
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#259 » by SD2042 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:46 pm

The problem I have with the trade is that it leaves us too old at SF( Prince 34 and Carter 37). And Thompson is too small to play center. He'll get dominated entirely too much.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,551

Post#260 » by BarbaGrizz » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:23 pm

Who say no?

Grizzlies trade: Prince´s expiring + Calathes + 2nd round

Wolves trade: Brewer + Budinger
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today

Return to Memphis Grizzlies