ImageImage

The Official Trade Proposal Thread

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

Marvin Martian
Head Coach
And1: 5,052

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#121 » by Marvin Martian » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:44 am

Jajwanda wrote:It just seems like the trade that should be done is something where Dallas sends Marion+extras to get Gasol, Memphis gets Marion and the salary cut it deserves (plus some a pick or a young player to help their bench), while L.A. takes Gay's large deal to convince Howard to stay.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Laker fans are so delusional it's hilarious.
darkangle901
Starter
And1: 75

Post#122 » by darkangle901 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:01 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:
Jajwanda wrote:It just seems like the trade that should be done is something where Dallas sends Marion+extras to get Gasol, Memphis gets Marion and the salary cut it deserves (plus some a pick or a young player to help their bench), while L.A. takes Gay's large deal to convince Howard to stay.

Well actually, as a grizzlies fan, I'd consider this deal if the we get an unprotected pick from both teams. They both will try to make a playoff run with their new assets, but there's a good chance one will fall short and end up in the lottery.

I'd probably also want a prospect or two... Earl Clark and Domonique Jones have occasionally impressed.
You can borrow ten cents; my two cents is free
jefe
General Manager
And1: 636

Post#123 » by jefe » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:53 pm

darkangle901 wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:

Well actually, as a grizzlies fan, I'd consider this deal if the we get an unprotected pick from both teams. They both will try to make a playoff run with their new assets, but there's a good chance one will fall short and end up in the lottery.

I'd probably also want a prospect or two... Earl Clark and Domonique Jones have occasionally impressed.

IIRC the Suns have the Lakers first round pick this year as part of the Nash sign and trade
tfmiii
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,027

Post#124 » by tfmiii » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:58 pm

thoughts about this rumor on the wire tap?

The Boston Celtics have held exploratory trade talks with the Memphis Grizzlies on Rudy Gay.

More than one team has speculated that a three-way trade that would send Pau Gasol to the Celtics, Paul Pierce to the Grizzlies and Rudy Gay to the Lakers makes "some sense".

Pierce's $15.3 million salary for next season is guaranteed for only $5 million, which would make his contract tradable.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN
jefe
General Manager
And1: 636

Post#125 » by jefe » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:44 pm

tfmiii wrote:thoughts about this rumor on the wire tap?

The Boston Celtics have held exploratory trade talks with the Memphis Grizzlies on Rudy Gay.

More than one team has speculated that a three-way trade that would send Pau Gasol to the Celtics, Paul Pierce to the Grizzlies and Rudy Gay to the Lakers makes "some sense".

Pierce's $15.3 million salary for next season is guaranteed for only $5 million, which would make his contract tradable.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

If Pierce was not disgruntled and wanted to be here (i.e. hypothetically speaking, he's accepted the fact that the Celtics wanted to trade him, is ready to move on, and legitimately likes the idea of playing with this team as a western conference contender), I could live with it.

The only hitch is that I think the Grizz mgmt would be looking for multiple players/picks/assets in dealing Rudy to add depth and financial flexibility going forward - not just a one-for-one swap.
zronv7
Starter
And1: 1,191

Post#126 » by zronv7 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:41 pm

would you guys swap pierce for gay straight up?
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#127 » by Jajwanda » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:30 pm

If Memphis gets Calderon in the deal, would they consider a buyout that saves 1.8m?
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#128 » by vanjulio » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:34 pm

Jajwanda wrote:If Memphis gets Calderon in the deal, would they consider a buyout that saves 1.8m?

we are below the roster minimum currently. he'd likely play. can you imagine outrage of us playing the franchise leader in points and minutes for a guy to be bought out?
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#129 » by Jajwanda » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:37 pm

I did a four-way deal that had Calderon to L.A., while Memphis gets Ross, Davis, and Ebanks.

Saves huge amount of cash, gives two new wings to Memphis, and gets them players for 2013 that are closer to what you'd need next to their current guys. (Off-ball threats, athletic defenders to replace Allen in FA). Ebanks is filler.

Toronto takes the hardest part of the deal in having to take on Steve Blake, but they get their guy without having to give up a future pick or DeRozan.
grizzlies50
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#130 » by grizzlies50 » Fri Feb 1, 2013 2:43 am

You know what we need in this season... We just need pure shooter.
what about trade to get JJ.Redick tomorrow?
grizzlies50
Sophomore

Post#131 » by grizzlies50 » Fri Feb 1, 2013 2:45 am

grizzlies50
Sophomore

Post#132 » by grizzlies50 » Fri Feb 1, 2013 2:45 am

darkangle901
Starter

Post#133 » by darkangle901 » Tue Feb 5, 2013 4:15 am

grizzlies50 wrote:You know what we need in this season... We just need pure shooter.

Yeah I'm all for it. I don't know what it'd take though.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#134 » by nuposse04 » Wed Feb 6, 2013 11:42 pm

Wiz fan here, would you all consider Seraphin+Crawford for Ed Davis? Seeing as how apparently center depth is needed.
yoadknux
Pro Prospect
And1: 125

Post#135 » by yoadknux » Sat Feb 9, 2013 1:40 pm

Hey Grizz fans.
What would it take from the Pacers to get Conley? Would you be interested in Hill-Conley swap? (could be other pieces involved)
Piston Prince wrote:Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
darkangle901
Starter

Post#136 » by darkangle901 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:48 am

yoadknux wrote:Hey Grizz fans.
What would it take from the Pacers to get Conley? Would you be interested in Hill-Conley swap? (could be other pieces involved)

Other than Gasol, Conley is the safest Grizzly. He is an excellent floor general and a player who contributes in almost every way possible. He's just a notch below the elite PG's at half the salary.

The Grizzlies will not deal Conley unless someone offers something ludicrous.
siar617
Analyst
And1: 457

Post#137 » by siar617 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:16 pm

Would you guys do Toney Wroten for Criss Copeland and James White? Or Brewer Copeland for him and a pick?
darkangle901
Starter

Post#138 » by darkangle901 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:32 pm

siar617 wrote:Would you guys do Toney Wroten for Criss Copeland and James White? Or Brewer Copeland for him and a pick?

Wroten has impressed enough as a high-potential type guard that he won't be moved unless it's in a deal that obviously improves the team now or our chances going forward.
dac4m
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#139 » by dac4m » Tue May 28, 2013 3:20 pm

Prediction- ZBo traded this off-season... in a 3 way deal, perhaps bringing back Danny Granger.. or someone who can score. I can see the Nets wanting ZBo... they dont have anyone of value to deal back... except picks or an internaitonal player (bojan bogdonaovic). What about ZBo to Philly for Tahddeus Young and Jason Richardson?
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Post#140 » by jumivi » Tue May 28, 2013 3:28 pm

If they offer Humphries + Brooks + pick? for Randolph + pick? Thats and idea i had a month ago.
At the four we have Humphies, Arthur, Davis and we add a starting sg in Brooks (he could be a very good player). I like this move a lot.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies