The Official Trade Proposal Thread

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Thu May 24, 2012 3:21 am

With the old trade thread too full, I chose to close it up and open up a new trade thread.
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#2 » by jumivi » Fri May 25, 2012 11:15 pm

what if Howard accept to came to memphis

Gasol, Gay for Howard, Turkoglu

i dont know, i just throw it.
yoadknux
Pro Prospect
And1: 125

Post#3 » by yoadknux » Sat May 26, 2012 7:31 pm

Conley to Indiana for Collison, Hansbrough, pick
Piston Prince wrote:Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#4 » by SD2042 » Mon May 28, 2012 12:49 am

Jumivi, my cousin and I just talked about that trade just yesterday. It's possible a trade could happen. For D-12,he would have a better PF partner in Zbo who does a better job spreadng the floor and rebound the ball much better than Ryan Anderson ever could. Rudy Gay for Hedo really doesn't do the trade justice. So is Rudy worth trading for D-12 and Hedo really worth the risk? Can't really say.

yoadknux
As for Conley for Collison, Hansbrough and pick. Indy says no imo. Too much just for Conley.
jumivi
Senior

Post#5 » by jumivi » Mon May 28, 2012 3:37 am

i think the magic are gonna ask for too much and they want to give hedo too, thats why i made the trade that way.
Hedo can shoot the 3 (i dont want him, thats why i dont know if i make the trade) and has good IQ and thats what we need with Howard, Zbo, Allen and Conley.
Anyways we can send him to another team with our draft or mayo (i belive he played his last game as a grizz).
Dont know if works with Q.Richardson and Duhon
Howard, Q, Duhon and first (19) for Gasol & Rudy
i like this more but i see more difficult too.
Finally i really think that if they want to trade Howard, Hedo goes with him. (can add swap of first)
yoadknux
Pro Prospect
And1: 125

Post#6 » by yoadknux » Mon May 28, 2012 8:41 am

SD2042 wrote:Jumivi, my cousin and I just talked about that trade just yesterday. It's possible a trade could happen. For D-12,he would have a better PF partner in Zbo who does a better job spreadng the floor and rebound the ball much better than Ryan Anderson ever could. Rudy Gay for Hedo really doesn't do the trade justice. So is Rudy worth trading for D-12 and Hedo really worth the risk? Can't really say.

yoadknux
As for Conley for Collison, Hansbrough and pick. Indy says no imo. Too much just for Conley.

I'm Indy. We say yes.
Piston Prince wrote:Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
WinCity
Banned User
And1: 1,688

Post#7 » by WinCity » Mon May 28, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi guys Bulls fan here. So I was reading your thread about avoiding Lux. Tax and it sparked some ideas about our current situation. Obviously, your strength is your frontcourt, as is ours, but we also need a 2nd shot creator next to Rose especially this coming season with Rose recovering from ACL surgery :( . So, a nice compromise between talent and recognizing your financial constraints might be a Deng for Gay swap. Deng makes a little over $3M less than Gay with only 2 seasons left on his deal, while Gay is making max $ for the max years I believe. I think you still retain a strong talent base this way, and improve your perimeter defense. Bulls fill a need, but loose a little on defense. I think both sides get things they need on the court, while the Grizz also get some financial savings short and long term. Thoughts?
AllanShearer
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#8 » by AllanShearer » Wed May 30, 2012 5:21 am

jumivi wrote:i think the magic are gonna ask for too much and they want to give hedo too, thats why i made the trade that way.
Hedo can shoot the 3 (i dont want him, thats why i dont know if i make the trade) and has good IQ and thats what we need with Howard, Zbo, Allen and Conley.
Anyways we can send him to another team with our draft or mayo (i belive he played his last game as a grizz).
Dont know if works with Q.Richardson and Duhon
Howard, Q, Duhon and first (19) for Gasol & Rudy
i like this more but i see more difficult too.
Finally i really think that if they want to trade Howard, Hedo goes with him. (can add swap of first)

Your suggestion would be a real disaster to Memphis because Howard would not re-sign with this team.

If possible deal with Magic is

Zach Randolph for Jameer Nelson, JJ Redick and 19th pick

Grizzlies could utilize Nelson and Redick as bench fire especially in terms of perimeter shoots and then expunge Zach's monstrous contract after next season completely which would be very helpful to re-sign with OJ and Darell.
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 161

Post#9 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Wed May 30, 2012 12:23 pm

AllanShearer wrote:
Your suggestion would be a real disaster to Memphis because Howard would not re-sign with this team.

If possible deal with Magic is

Zach Randolph for Jameer Nelson, JJ Redick and 19th pick

Grizzlies could utilize Nelson and Redick as bench fire especially in terms of perimeter shoots and then expunge Zach's monstrous contract after next season completely which would be very helpful to re-sign with OJ and Darell.

Agreed that the Howard suggestion would be folly for the Grizz, as would your proposal - sheesh...
jumivi
Senior

Post#10 » by jumivi » Wed May 30, 2012 1:27 pm

jumivi wrote:what if Howard accept to came to memphis

GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Wed May 30, 2012 7:30 pm

jumivi wrote:what if Howard accept to came to memphis

So "what if" Howard would sign an extension here?

I'd prefer, what if OKC were open to trading Durant for Gay. That's about as likely ;)
KingTrue
Ballboy

Post#12 » by KingTrue » Wed May 30, 2012 8:50 pm

How about trading Zach to Wizards for Rashard Lewis and 2 second round draft picks.Then just amensty Rashard Lewis save alot money try bring back Arthur or Speight put in middle. Then draft Fab Melo or Fetus Ezeli play them some with Marc also have 2 second rounder draft need maybe get steal of the draft.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#13 » by SD2042 » Wed May 30, 2012 11:52 pm

That trade would be a complete waste of time. Trade Zbo is not worth getting back Lewis, even if it's for cap space.
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Thu May 31, 2012 12:45 pm

KingTrue wrote:How about trading Zach to Wizards for Rashard Lewis and 2 second round draft picks.Then just amensty Rashard Lewis save alot money try bring back Arthur or Speight put in middle. Then draft Fab Melo or Fetus Ezeli play them some with Marc also have 2 second rounder draft need maybe get steal of the draft.

You can't acquire a player and then amnesty him. The amnesty clause is a one time provision for teams written into this CBA that allows for the cutting of players that were on the rosters of teams at the time the CBA was signed.

And then what SD said.

Additionally, if Heisley isn't willing to pay a dime of luxury tax (or even give up the luxury welfare check for that matter) what would give anyone the idea that he would be willing to pay a player in order to open up cap space so that he can pay someone else too?
waazup
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#15 » by waazup » Sat Jun 2, 2012 5:26 am

#7 overall pick (GSW) + Dorrell Wright + Biedrins for Rudy Gay.
Arcadia
Banned User

Post#16 » by Arcadia » Sat Jun 2, 2012 12:30 pm

waazup wrote:#7 overall pick (GSW) + Dorrell Wright + Biedrins for Rudy Gay.

What did you say? Rudy Gay for what? Biedrins. Easy no from Memphis. Just keep your poor 7th pick and remain bottome of the league next season too~
Ronito
Lead Assistant
And1: 101

Post#17 » by Ronito » Tue Jun 5, 2012 1:26 am

Nets fan here wondering if Nets have anything to get Rudy Gay. Wouldn't ask, but it appears the two are linked.

http://atlanticavenets.com/2012/06/04/p ... the-block/
boschePG
Sophomore

Post#18 » by boschePG » Tue Jun 5, 2012 1:57 am

Gay makes enormous money. Finding equal talent for cost is pretty much impossible since its reported that you guys want to cut salary to qualify offers to Mayo, Speights and Aurthur. I think you dont want the highest pick available cuz of the Mayo and Thabeet draft
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#19 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Jun 5, 2012 2:03 am

Seeing what your guys think of this trade with the talks between Grizz and Warriors last year

Grizzles get: Ellis and Gooden
Bucks get: Gay

Grizzles would actually be pretty good still
Conley/Mayo/Auther/Z-bo/Gasol with Ellis/Gooden/Allen off the bench
AllanShearer
Ballboy

Post#20 » by AllanShearer » Tue Jun 5, 2012 2:37 am

mlloyd10 wrote:Seeing what your guys think of this trade with the talks between Grizz and Warriors last year

Grizzles get: Ellis and Gooden
Bucks get: Gay

Grizzles would actually be pretty good still
Conley/Mayo/Auther/Z-bo/Gasol with Ellis/Gooden/Allen off the bench

One word, No!

Return to Memphis Grizzlies