ImageImage

The Official Trade Proposal Thread

Moderator: SD2042

Bobcatsbball
Freshman
Posts: 98
And1: 1
Joined: Apr 29, 2010

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#61 » by Bobcatsbball » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:43 am

I think some people are thinking as fans when they are responding to some of these trade offers. As someone else said, this new CBA puts a different spin on a lot of these cap situations for teams. Don't be surprised if something like this happens...Bobcats trade #2 pick to Cleveland for #4 and 24...the Bobcats then trade #4 and a Maggette or Thomas for Rudy Gay...add/subtract fillers. I've seen and heard too many similar trade scenarios when it involves moving a player for business reasons and not really trying to get equal value in return.
User avatar
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 19,834
And1: 550
Joined: Mar 05, 2002
   

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#62 » by SD2042 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:17 am

jmj1757 wrote:Grizzlies OUT: Rudy Gay
Sign and trade OJ Mayo
#25 Pick
Lakers OUT: Sign and Trade Ramon Sessions
Pau Gasol
Amnesty Ron Artest
Rockets OUT: #14 Pick
#16 Pick
Chandler Parsons
Kyle Lowery
Grizzlies IN: #14 Pick
#16 Pick
Chandler Parsons
Lakers IN: Kyle Lowery
#25 Pick
OJ Mayo
Rockets IN: Pau Gasol
Rudy Gay
Ramon Sessions


You can't trade for someone just yo have them amnesty them when that team couldl've done it in the first place.
AllanShearer
Ballboy
Posts: 20
And1: 0
Joined: May 29, 2012

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#63 » by AllanShearer » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:46 am

jmj1757 wrote:Grizzlies OUT: Rudy Gay
Sign and trade OJ Mayo
#25 Pick
Lakers OUT: Sign and Trade Ramon Sessions
Pau Gasol
Amnesty Ron Artest
Rockets OUT: #14 Pick
#16 Pick
Chandler Parsons
Kyle Lowery
Grizzlies IN: #14 Pick
#16 Pick
Chandler Parsons
Lakers IN: Kyle Lowery
#25 Pick
OJ Mayo
Rockets IN: Pau Gasol
Rudy Gay
Ramon Sessions


This is really terrible to Memphis. Griz sell their two valuable swingmen and get nothing but 2 meaningless 1 round picks? What the...!

Keep dreaming man. This would never happen lol~
AllanShearer
Ballboy
Posts: 20
And1: 0
Joined: May 29, 2012

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#64 » by AllanShearer » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:51 am

Bobcatsbball wrote:I think some people are thinking as fans when they are responding to some of these trade offers. As someone else said, this new CBA puts a different spin on a lot of these cap situations for teams. Don't be surprised if something like this happens...Bobcats trade #2 pick to Cleveland for #4 and 24...the Bobcats then trade #4 and a Maggette or Thomas for Rudy Gay...add/subtract fillers. I've seen and heard too many similar trade scenarios when it involves moving a player for business reasons and not really trying to get equal value in return.


The problem is Grizzlies is the only team getting that unequal value return.
I've looked around Trade board and found some trade poster relating to Grizzlies. The content? Griz has always been raped by other teams just for salary crap.

I don't understand why trade partner of Grizzlies always get more valuable return while Grizzlies lose everything. People are so egocentric.
User avatar
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 19,834
And1: 550
Joined: Mar 05, 2002
   

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#65 » by SD2042 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:03 pm

Memphis hasn't been a team that gets alotta respect. Being a small market team doen't neccessarily help matters. But that's an excuse, not a reason. It can't be help that Memphis is a small market city. Don't get it twisted that this team will accept any garbage deals just to accomodate another trading partner in the process.
Bobcatsbball
Freshman
Posts: 98
And1: 1
Joined: Apr 29, 2010

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#66 » by Bobcatsbball » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:58 pm

AllanShearer wrote:
Bobcatsbball wrote:I think some people are thinking as fans when they are responding to some of these trade offers. As someone else said, this new CBA puts a different spin on a lot of these cap situations for teams. Don't be surprised if something like this happens...Bobcats trade #2 pick to Cleveland for #4 and 24...the Bobcats then trade #4 and a Maggette or Thomas for Rudy Gay...add/subtract fillers. I've seen and heard too many similar trade scenarios when it involves moving a player for business reasons and not really trying to get equal value in return.


The problem is Grizzlies is the only team getting that unequal value return.
I've looked around Trade board and found some trade poster relating to Grizzlies. The content? Griz has always been ***** by other teams just for salary crap.

I don't understand why trade partner of Grizzlies always get more valuable return while Grizzlies lose everything. People are so egocentric.


Yeah welcome to the life of a small market team. The only reason you are getting crap offers is because it somehow got out that your owner wanted to get from under Gay's contract in order to resign some other players. People see that as a chance to capitalize and then you start getting crap trade suggestion. My suggestion of the #4 pick is awesome for ya'll in my opinion...you get a lot of value, get from under a contract, and you can resign your players. That would be contingent upon a trade with Cleveland that would give us 4 and 24. But the other part is you would have to take back Maggette or Thomas.
dark-child
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,534
And1: 43
Joined: Nov 08, 2005
     

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#67 » by dark-child » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:22 am

If the #2 and Magette or Thomas is not sufficient for the Grizz brass to bite why on earth would the #4 & and Magette or Thomas be better.

There are surely much better offers from other teams that would be considered before this lube job.
jmj1757
Ballboy
Posts: 2
And1: 0
Joined: Jun 05, 2012

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#68 » by jmj1757 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:27 am

AllanShearer wrote:
jmj1757 wrote:Grizzlies OUT: Rudy Gay
This is really terrible to Memphis. Griz sell their two valuable swingmen and get nothing but 2 meaningless 1 round picks? What the...!

Keep dreaming man. This would never happen lol~


Not my best trade ever but I like Parsons and think he would conform to the identity of the team. I agree giving up to much for such little in return.
Bobcatsbball
Freshman
Posts: 98
And1: 1
Joined: Apr 29, 2010

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#69 » by Bobcatsbball » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:28 am

dark-child wrote:If the #2 and Magette or Thomas is not sufficient for the Grizz brass to bite why on earth would the #4 & and Magette or Thomas be better.

There are surely much better offers from other teams that would be considered before this lube job.


Who says they aren't biting on it? There are very few trades that are actually announced prior to the draft. That is NOT a lube job if your owner is trying to get rid of that contract to sign other players. SMH...again, think business, not as a fan.
Bobcatsbball
Freshman
Posts: 98
And1: 1
Joined: Apr 29, 2010

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#70 » by Bobcatsbball » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:30 am

I can't wait until he is actually traded to see the reaction of you guys for what you actually get for him. This new CBA is changing the business more than most people realize.
User avatar
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,570
And1: 154
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: Just south of Memphis, as the crow flies...
     

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#71 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:00 am

Bobcatsbball wrote:I can't wait until he is actually traded to see the reaction of you guys for what you actually get for him. This new CBA is changing the business more than most people realize.


Alas a voice of reason. Thank you for blessing us with your presence.

/snark
Image
AllanShearer
Ballboy
Posts: 20
And1: 0
Joined: May 29, 2012

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#72 » by AllanShearer » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:59 am

Bobcatsbball wrote:I can't wait until he is actually traded to see the reaction of you guys for what you actually get for him. This new CBA is changing the business more than most people realize.


Rudy Gay would not be traded until your team bobcats(maybe the worst team in NBA history ever last season) becomes NBA champion which would never ever happen lol~
Bobcatsbball
Freshman
Posts: 98
And1: 1
Joined: Apr 29, 2010

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#73 » by Bobcatsbball » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:10 pm

AllanShearer wrote:
Bobcatsbball wrote:I can't wait until he is actually traded to see the reaction of you guys for what you actually get for him. This new CBA is changing the business more than most people realize.


Rudy Gay would not be traded until your team bobcats(maybe the worst team in NBA history ever last season) becomes NBA champion which would never ever happen lol~


Well maybe we are about to be summer league champs...LOL...that guy is gone and you know it.
User avatar
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,570
And1: 154
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: Just south of Memphis, as the crow flies...
     

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#74 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:59 pm

Bobcatsbball wrote:Well maybe we are about to be summer league champs...LOL...that guy is gone and you know it.


Tell ya what turbo, why don't you do us all a favor and do your best "Rudy Gay" impression and get gone :)



Seriously though, there are some Grizz fans that see it your way. I agree that the Grizz will be beyond stretched with the current core. OJ and Speights are gone for all intents and purposes, likely not even receiving a QO. That said, what you or I think is wholly irrelevant to the Grizzlies front office. Rudy is held in very high regards by team management and is a particular favorite of the owner, Mr. Heisley. While that shouldn't matter, it does. The situation is further complicated by the potential sale of the Grizzlies to Robert Pera now in the vetting process. It makes any player move problematic, just too many cooks in the kitchen. If Rudy is moved, it would likely be closer to the trade deadline next season.

In regards to him being moved to Charlotte, I just don't see it. Then again, if you are still wholly convinced you just know that much more than everyone around here, I'd suggesting trying to get a job with the Bobcats - they sure as hell need someone with a clue on board over there...
Image
Bobcatsbball
Freshman
Posts: 98
And1: 1
Joined: Apr 29, 2010

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#75 » by Bobcatsbball » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:37 am

GrizzledGrizzFan wrote:
Bobcatsbball wrote:Well maybe we are about to be summer league champs...LOL...that guy is gone and you know it.


Tell ya what turbo, why don't you do us all a favor and do your best "Rudy Gay" impression and get gone :)



Seriously though, there are some Grizz fans that see it your way. I agree that the Grizz will be beyond stretched with the current core. OJ and Speights are gone for all intents and purposes, likely not even receiving a QO. That said, what you or I think is wholly irrelevant to the Grizzlies front office. Rudy is held in very high regards by team management and is a particular favorite of the owner, Mr. Heisley. While that shouldn't matter, it does. The situation is further complicated by the potential sale of the Grizzlies to Robert Pera now in the vetting process. It makes any player move problematic, just too many cooks in the kitchen. If Rudy is moved, it would likely be closer to the trade deadline next season.

In regards to him being moved to Charlotte, I just don't see it. Then again, if you are still wholly convinced you just know that much more than everyone around here, I'd suggesting trying to get a job with the Bobcats - they sure as hell need someone with a clue on board over there...



LOL...as long as Cho is there and is allowed to use his back to the future scouting software, I think we are on the right track. I honestly hope Rudy doesn't go anywhere. It's already hard for us small market teams so to get an all-star and then lose him because of salary reasons is just frustrating. When Gerald Wallace left Charlotte that was pretty tough but I understood that the shake down was starting. I guess the ownership has to see if keeping Rudy is worth losing the other players...it's a tough call.

I wasn't too convinced we would get Rudy but I thought a top 3,4 pick would put you guys right back where you were the season before last when you made it far in the playoffs. After us getting Ben Gordon tonight if we pulled a trade for Rudy we may as well had gotten Okafor from Washington, drafted Jeremy Lamb, fired Dunlap and hired Jim Calhoun.
User avatar
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,570
And1: 154
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: Just south of Memphis, as the crow flies...
     

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#76 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:47 am

I hope too, for y'all's sake, that Jordan leaves Cho alone to do what he does.
Image
GreenRiddler
Head Coach
Posts: 6,043
And1: 542
Joined: May 19, 2012
Location: Blazer fan from Toronto
     

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#77 » by GreenRiddler » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:12 pm

I was wondering what's the front on Mayo? You FO like him? will they pay him? how much they looking at? S&T maybe? OJ Mayo S&T for Elliot Williams, you get something instead of nothing since your guys are pushing Luxury.
Arcadia
Banned User
Posts: 16
And1: 0
Joined: May 29, 2012

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#78 » by Arcadia » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:28 pm

GreenRiddler wrote:I was wondering what's the front on Mayo? You FO like him? will they pay him? how much they looking at? S&T maybe? OJ Mayo S&T for Elliot Williams, you get something instead of nothing since your guys are pushing Luxury.


Don't ask us. We don't know either how much Mr. Heisley will pay for Mayo.

Just sit down and see what's in store~
User avatar
Jajwanda
General Manager
Posts: 8,563
And1: 95
Joined: Jun 01, 2007

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#79 » by Jajwanda » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:41 pm

L.A. has a TPE they'd definitely look into for O.J.
User avatar
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,570
And1: 154
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: Just south of Memphis, as the crow flies...
     

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#80 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:56 pm

Jajwanda wrote:L.A. has a TPE they'd definitely look into for O.J.


TPE doesn't allow you to sign a FA. The Grizz are too close to the tax threshold to be interested in a TPE. OJ's a free man now. Can sign where he likes. Only way he's a Laker is if he decides he wants to take under half what he'll get from teams with cap space.
Image

Return to Memphis Grizzlies