And1: 2,413

Re: Memphis Tigers Basketball 2015-2016 Season 

Post#21 » by SD2042 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:01 am

I Am Awesome-O
Rookie
And1: 544

Post#22 » by I Am Awesome-O » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:50 am

I've been told that Nichols hates college basketball. He wants to be a normal kid and have a normal college experience - spring break, parties, etc. I've also heard he's really sick of people constantly asking him what's wrong with the Memphis program.

I've always said Nichols is never going to make it in the NBA, and it's because he is not talented enough to overcome his lack of passion for the game, as well as a lack of toughness.

Really good kid, though. I wish him all the best.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#23 » by SD2042 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:19 pm

I Am Awesome-O wrote:I've been told that Nichols hates college basketball. He wants to be a normal kid and have a normal college experience - spring break, parties, etc. I've also heard he's really sick of people constantly asking him what's wrong with the Memphis program.

I've always said Nichols is never going to make it in the NBA, and it's because he is not talented enough to overcome his lack of passion for the game, as well as a lack of toughness.

Really good kid, though. I wish him all the best.

I wish him the best as well. I wonder if the pressure of the spotlight got the better of him and the attention was too much for him to fathom. As for the Tigers program. How is that Pastner was regarded as a top level recruit during his time with Arizona, but since he's been the coach, his recruitment has been lax? I can appreciate the idea of getting a couple of Memphis players here and there, but how will your program grow tremendously if your recruitment goals is just to stay local most of the time. More regional you go, the more exposure your program gets.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies