And1: 2,413

Grizzlies Looking for Wing Athleticism 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:49 pm

dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Re: Grizzlies Looking for Wing Athleticism 

Post#2 » by dark-child » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:58 pm

with the James Johnson addition, I think we are set at SF, so I hope we land a high quality SG such as Dion Waiters, or Demar Derozan. I am not sure we can get what we want offering a combination of Prince, Bayless, or Davis.

I guess a guy can dream!
PAGrizzFan
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#3 » by PAGrizzFan » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:08 pm

dark-child wrote:with the James Johnson addition, I think we are set at SF, so I hope we land a high quality SG such as Dion Waiters, or Demar Derozan. I am not sure we can get what we want offering a combination of Prince, Bayless, or Davis.

I guess a guy can dream!

Problem is they are not really good shooters, rather have a SG who can shoot the three. Wish Lakers were desperate and traded Meeks for Bayless
jefe
General Manager
And1: 636

Post#4 » by jefe » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:16 am

dark-child wrote:with the James Johnson addition, I think we are set at SF, so I hope we land a high quality SG such as Dion Waiters, or Demar Derozan. I am not sure we can get what we want offering a combination of Prince, Bayless, or Davis.

I guess a guy can dream!

I'm not sure of James Johnson's contract, but I think the front office is looking at Thad Young and Loul Deng - whether we can get either with our pu pu platter of "assets" is another issue.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#5 » by SD2042 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:32 pm

What this team needs is an aggressive scorer who can bring the thunder during clutch time. Shooters to some degree are dimes a dozen. Scorers especially the competitive types are hard to come by. Demar DeRozan is putting up some solid numbers for a "rebuilding" Raptors in a weak Atlantic Division and they are leading it as well. DeRozan can get to the post and make his shots. However his three point accuracy has always been suspect as he's shooting only 31% from beyond the arc.

Dion Waiters only his second year in the NBA has the potential to get better if he's developing his skills on point. Is he someone who can be clutch when the moment arrive? Can't say since I haven't seen him in those situations. There's also the issue of his attitude and confrontation with Kyrie Irving some weeks back. Although they since hash things out and such, can Waiters keep his attitude in check and be motivated contribute to the Grizzlies cause?
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#6 » by dark-child » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:40 pm

The thing with Thad Young is he capable of playing the SF position as most potential suitors want to slide him in at the PF position like (Houston)? It seems Zach is staying and opting out to possibly sign long term, so maybe Evan Turner would be a better fit from Philly since he can slide between the SG and SF positions and he would also be restricted next year and occasionally has three point range.
PAGrizzFan
Sophomore

Post#7 » by PAGrizzFan » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:53 pm

dark-child wrote:The thing with Thad Young is he capable of playing the SF position as most potential suitors want to slide him in at the PF position like (Houston)? It seems Zach is staying and opting out to possibly sign long term, so maybe Evan Turner would be a better fit from Philly since he can slide between the SG and SF positions and he would also be restricted next year and occasionally has three point range.

Want a shooter, a la Jodie Meeks and not another wing guy that can create his shot. Because it will be impossible to play TA and that player together, since either can consistently hit the 3 point shot. I don't care if the shooter is a 2 or 3 because I fully believe TA can guard either.

Think ZBo sticks around and signs a low deal for two more years with Grizz. Also, all three big men in Davis, Leuer, Koufos have been playing a lot better as of late, but will their be room with Gasol back.

Bayless is our only real trading commodity and he stinks right now.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#8 » by SD2042 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:42 am

One of those three will be the odd man out. Could be Leuer again for all I know. A move is likely to help accommodate for some of the minutes on the roster.

As for Bayless, if he's moved he'll have to be packaged with someone else for the Grizzlies to get another player back or two.
PAGrizzFan
Sophomore

Post#9 » by PAGrizzFan » Fri Jan 3, 2014 5:56 pm

Chris Vernon just heard that don't be surprised if Prince is traded and somehow there is interest.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#10 » by SD2042 » Sat Jan 4, 2014 1:26 am

No doubt Prince needs to be move elsewhere. The big question is who will the Grizz manage to get back for Prince for his worth? Inspite of the 27-10 record since the trade, I hate the fact that the team really has nothing to show for it know now that Prince is likely on his way out.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#11 » by pcbothwel » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:41 pm

Are you all still in the market for the wing to contend, or are you more interested in gaining assets/getting rid of Prince? Not sure what your management seems to think as you guys are right around .500
PAGrizzFan
Sophomore

Post#12 » by PAGrizzFan » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:07 am

pcbothwel wrote:Are you all still in the market for the wing to contend, or are you more interested in gaining assets/getting rid of Prince? Not sure what your management seems to think as you guys are right around .500

Still think Prince needs to be traded for a PG or another SF. Lee has been HUGE in so many ways, can't wait to see him and TA together.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies