ImageImage

Fight for the Playoffs

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

tfdp22
Ballboy
And1: 0

Fight for the Playoffs 

Post#1 » by tfdp22 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:13 pm

It's gonna be nasty. The Grizz only have 9 games remaining and are currently 43-30, just a 1/2 game out of the playoffs. We have the tiebreaker with phoenix but not with Dallas. After losses at golden state and Portland, our chances at getting that 6th seed are very slim so right now we are probably shooting for 7th seed. If we get 7th seed, we'd be slated to play the Thunder, which we could win but I'm not sure KD would tolerate getting out in the 1st round. I'm pulling for the Clips to somehow surpass them and take the second seed, as I would love the Grizzlies' chances in that series.

What do you guys think?
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Re: Fight for the Playoffs 

Post#2 » by vanjulio » Wed Apr 2, 2014 2:04 pm

I think we can take anybody in the playoffs. Not that we'd get to finals but in round 1 you are roadkill going up against this Grizz team.

1. OKC - we can handle them. when they pack the paint again on our bigs we got enough competent shooters to go round for round with them all night. and our D can "Shut the water off" on any of their gunners

2. LAC - always a blood bath but history shows we're the better team. if Dudley, Reddick, Granger, Jameson, and Glen Davis Jr were all playing at their best and contributing 100% to the team then this team on Paper would be a LOCK for the NBA trophy this year. but they don't have it all together. And then it falls back to the CP3 and Blake Griffin show. A team with Deandre Jordan at the center just can't win against us with Marc Gasol. It's too large of a mismatch.

3. SAS - all I can say here is Payback is a b!tch
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
Skrilla Steve
Ballboy
And1: 22

Post#3 » by Skrilla Steve » Wed Apr 2, 2014 4:16 pm

In my honest opinion I think the only team I really want to avoid is the Spurs. With our recent history against them, they just seem to have the edge. Looking at the past 2 years (including the WCF last year) the grizz are 2-9 against them. Our only two wins were last years regular season where we won an overtime game at home (101-98 on January 11th) and another game at home on April 1st on a last second shot by Mike Conley (92-90).

Just don't like those odds. I'd much rather see either OKC or LA Clippers. Both would be a battle, but I just like our chances better.

First things first...take care of business the rest of this season and make the playoffs.
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Post#4 » by bobobolas10 » Fri Apr 4, 2014 11:39 pm

I don't want to play against the Spurs. And as I guess we wont have court advantage, Any spot beside the 8th it is ok for me. I like the idea of playing against the Thunder, good match ups there.

Our road to the ring is going to be OKC, Clippers, Spurs, Heat.
"Take that for Data!"
Skrilla Steve
Ballboy

Post#5 » by Skrilla Steve » Sat Apr 5, 2014 5:09 pm

Like I said in my post, I really don't want to play the Spurs either. But it would do wonders for the team's confidence to get a win against them tomorrow on their home court (albeit the regular season). Again, just have to play with a sense of urgency and limit the turnovers/mental mistakes. Grit n Grind.
Skrilla Steve
Ballboy

Post#6 » by Skrilla Steve » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:40 am

Great win tonight. Marc has looked really good (and aggressive) the past two games. Just keep winning...
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#7 » by SD2042 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:30 pm

These last two games will determine who will the Grizz will see in the first round if they do their part and win out. Try to avoid the Spurs if possible.
marcusaurelius
Junior
And1: 112

Post#8 » by marcusaurelius » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:12 am

If the Gasol/Randolph combo is playing well, I think the Grizz can knock off anyone for one series. But I really have a hard time seeing them win two or three series on the road, that is just really hard to do against good playoff teams.

Probably the Grizz depth isn't exactly where it needs to be. But congrats on a very good year, and I think that either OKC or SAS will have their hands full. Should make some really exciting playoff basketball for everyone. Looking forward to seeing it.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies