Grizzlies Fans - **NOT SPAM** - Stay Safe Online

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

YFZblu
Assistant Coach
And1: 412

Grizzlies Fans - **NOT SPAM** - Stay Safe Online 

Post#1 » by YFZblu » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:48 pm

Hey all,

I want to say up front, this is not a spam / advertisement post. I am a frequent RealGM User and have been for what I consider to be a long time. I wouldn't typically make this type of post, but considering the fact that your Grizzlies are in the playoffs (congrats, btw) and the fact that I frequent NBA forums myself, I felt compelled to do so.

I work in the field of Information Security, and during stretches of my research I see an incalculable amount of both obscure and well-known websites unknowingly serving malicious content to its Users. I stumbled upon this very scenario with GrizzliesOnline[.]com - I am here to tell you that forum is silently redirecting Users to domains which are in place exclusively to install commodity malware on vulnerable User's systems. No ad-clicking necessary, no shady file downloading necessary, this is a 100% automated process.

I do have an email in to 'webmaster@grizzlies.com', the administrator of the site. I don't actually know if this routes anywhere, or if 'webmaster' will care at all. But hopefully this person is willing to take a look and remediate this issue. I did notice that GrizzliesOnline[.]com is owned by the NBA, so I'm inclined to believe they will care.

I will update this thread (as long as it's unlocked) as I get updates. Stay safe!

tl;dr: GrizzliesOnline[.]com is pwned or serving malicious ad content, you shouldn't go there unless you're OK potentially downloading malware.
YFZblu
Assistant Coach
And1: 412

Re: Grizzlies Fans - **NOT SPAM** - Stay Safe Online 

Post#2 » by YFZblu » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:10 pm

As an update - I emailed 'webmaster@grizzlies.com' and left a message for the NBA's network operations team; however I have received no response and the badness is still on the forum.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies