ImageImage

R1/GAME2: Grizzlies (0-1) @ OKC Thunder (1-0)

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Re: R1/GAME2: Grizzlies (0-1) @ OKC Thunder (1-0) 

Post#41 » by jman3134 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:14 am

If we can continue to hit FTs at the current clip and if Randolph can receive adequate rest, I believe we can pull a W in this series. It's still clearly an uphill battle fighting against Kevin Durant.
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#42 » by vanjulio » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:56 pm

that was a spectacular game! I wish I had a smart phone to message on here with you guys during the game but my laptop is too big a distraction to have while I'm watching the game! :)

I almost did the ultimate jinx to the grizz - I texted my dad "GRIZZ WIN!" right before the possession where Durant hit the 4 point play and miracle to get it to OVERTIME> I will never do that again!!! It's never over til its over!

I fully expect this thing to get back to OKC in game 5 tied 2-2... but I think it's very possible we can close this out by game 6 or 7 and win this thing. This was a statement win. We had a big lead right before half that they cut down... they will always fight hard back... but our margin of lead was too high this time.. which really gives me a boost of confidence for the GRIZZ going forward....

and Miller/ Tony Allen / Udrih stepping in big time!
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
darkangle901
Starter
And1: 75

Post#43 » by darkangle901 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:53 am

vanjulio wrote:that was a spectacular game! I wish I had a smart phone to message on here with you guys during the game but my laptop is too big a distraction to have while I'm watching the game! :)

I almost did the ultimate jinx to the grizz - I texted my dad "GRIZZ WIN!" right before the possession where Durant hit the 4 point play and miracle to get it to OVERTIME> I will never do that again!!! It's never over til its over!

I fully expect this thing to get back to OKC in game 5 tied 2-2... but I think it's very possible we can close this out by game 6 or 7 and win this thing. This was a statement win. We had a big lead right before half that they cut down... they will always fight hard back... but our margin of lead was too high this time.. which really gives me a boost of confidence for the GRIZZ going forward....

I don't expect this to be 2-2. It could be, but I think the Grizz hold serve. They show so much composure in their offense, and we know they can hold the Thunder under 100.

As far as our halftime lead... wasn't it 8 points? That's not that big. What allowed them to get back in the game was a calculated risk by Joerger: extended rest for Conley and Z-bo, and it really paid off in Zbo's case at least, as he outscored the Thunder by himself in OT. Udrih, MM and co were giving up bucket after bucket, but they kept the Thunder at bay by scoring alot themselves. If we can get those consistent minutes off the bench from those guys we will be fine.

I was amazed at how effective the Udrih/Lee/TA/MM/Gasol lineup was. I have a feeling that that will be what we go to against the second unit... maybe mixing in Davis or Koufos for a couple minutes to allow Gasol to sit too.
You can borrow ten cents; my two cents is free
Snoopie
Junior
And1: 14

Post#44 » by Snoopie » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:46 am

darkangle901 wrote:
vanjulio wrote:that was a spectacular game! I wish I had a smart phone to message on here with you guys during the game but my laptop is too big a distraction to have while I'm watching the game! :)

I was amazed at how effective the Udrih/Lee/TA/MM/Gasol lineup was. I have a feeling that that will be what we go to against the second unit... maybe mixing in Davis or Koufos for a couple minutes to allow Gasol to sit too.

Agreed. I think this unit holding their own for like 7 minutes of the 4th quarter was what allowed Zbo to completely take charge in OT.

I also think that we're going back to OKC with a 3-1 lead but, you know, keep a lid on it and all!

So far this series is playing out exactly the way last year's did.
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#45 » by vanjulio » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:24 pm

An 8 point lead at half is not immense but is comfortable (for me as a fan!). Then it was cut to 3 points. :oops:

I still have such extremely deeply imprinted memories of the 7 game series 3 years ago in the second round that I'll never forget the feeling of the game 3 win (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201105070MEM.html) where we erased a huge lead from the Thunder to steal it in overtime followed by the pain of losing the 3 OT game 4 to them. That was easily the greatest sports event I've witnessed in person.

So I just don't expect to win both games 3 & 4 this time. Would love if they do - but the Thunder players still look to me like advanced AAU Allstar legends against our team of "really good" players that would never get an invite to their training camps or special allstar club teams. I definitely think we're still the underdogs but the momentum is certainly in our favor.
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#46 » by SD2042 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:30 pm

We will always be the underdogs b/c of our small market status and the lack of a marketable superstar (ala 2004 Detroit Pistons). The momentum will swing our way know that they are home. The Grizz have to execute the task at hand on keeping the Thunder at bay for as long as neccessary.

In order to achieve success in life, one must fight like hell in order to obtain the highest triumphs.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#47 » by jman3134 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:29 am

^ Magic fan?
darkangle901
Starter
And1: 75

Post#48 » by darkangle901 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:23 am

jman3134 wrote:^ Magic fan?

I used to be a Magic fan. I suspect a lot of Memphis basketball fans were Magic fans in the 90's because of Penny Hardaway.
You can borrow ten cents; my two cents is free

Return to Memphis Grizzlies