Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

ZBO SUSPENDED FOR GAME 7! 

Post#1 » by vanjulio » Sat May 3, 2014 1:27 am

Please join me in boycotting the NBA:

http://nba.si.com/2014/05/02/zach-rando ... s-thunder/

If this plays out with no ZBO for game 7 - I will not watch another game this season
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Re: ZBO SUSPENDED FOR GAME 7! 

Post#2 » by spearsy23 » Sat May 3, 2014 1:50 am

From any Memphis fans who DON'T think a suspension was justified, keeping in mind the dictionary definition of a punch is 'strike with fist' why don't you think this qualifies? I mean, I can understand being upset about it, but is there anyone who doesn't think what he did was a clear violation of the rules?
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#3 » by jman3134 » Sat May 3, 2014 3:01 am

That's not suspension worthy at all. Crazy and stupid. If we lose, the NBA did all it could to get its new superstar to the finals.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#4 » by spearsy23 » Sat May 3, 2014 3:28 am

jman3134 wrote:That's not suspension worthy at all. Crazy and stupid. If we lose, the NBA did all it could to get its new superstar to the finals.

All I'm asking is for someone to justify this position. Randolph's fist clearly makes contact with Adams jaw and it was obviously intentional, why is that not worth a suspension? For precedent there were four other suspensions handed out this season for punches being thrown. I believe one didn't even connect.

As for getting it's new superstar to the finals, the game hasn't even been played. And of this was about advancing Durant, Tony Allen would have gotten away with a lot less than he has this series.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
vanjulio
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by vanjulio » Sat May 3, 2014 1:15 pm

I've had the chance to sleep on it ... and while I am still furious _ I think my reaction last night was a bit impulsive. I'm still mad as hell but I decided my "BOYCOTT" of the NBA was over the top. And how can you resist the 5 upcoming game7s this weekend? I've been following for too long to give up now.

I have one argument about the punch call. The refs themselves will tell you they dont call every foul. If they called every foul then you wouldnt go 45 seconds in a game without a foul call. There is subjectivity to how the games are called. I think in this case you have a hard defined rule such as "closed fist contact to another player results in automatic 1 game suspension". My question to you is then that every time someone literally has their hand closed in a fist and touches another player then they automatically should be suspended without any judgment of the surrounding context? or situation? bull YOU KNOW THAT IS bull AS WELL AS I DO.

a dozen players a night would get supsended becaue they ball up their fist when set a pick or box out for rebound or on the free throw line. or jump balls. ALL THE TIME.

All you THunder babies saying it is the right call are homers and not looking at this as a fan of basketball and the spirit of the game. You are selfish and just want to cruise on to the next round and you dont give a damn about the sport of basketball or the integrity of the National Basketball Association. You and Bruce Bowen make me sick. BUT HEY THERE I GO AGAIN. Letting my blood boil.

I sure hope you are right that game 7 has yet to play so conspiracy or not, they got to play the game. Let's just hope this is a good game. if it is not then this series will forever have a huge asterisk next to it just as our appearance in the WCF last year has that immense asterisk by every sports writer in media today, "WELL they only got there because Westbrook was injured"...

I actually have calmed down from last night becuase I think the Grizz can still be a formidable opponent without ZBO tonight. SO I hope my fears and anger are all for naught and we have a great game tonight.

Good luck!
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#6 » by spearsy23 » Sat May 3, 2014 5:33 pm

vanjulio wrote:I've had the chance to sleep on it ... and while I am still furious _ I think my reaction last night was a bit impulsive. I'm still mad as hell but I decided my "BOYCOTT" of the NBA was over the top. And how can you resist the 5 upcoming game7s this weekend? I've been following for too long to give up now.

I have one argument about the punch call. The refs themselves will tell you they dont call every foul. If they called every foul then you wouldnt go 45 seconds in a game without a foul call. There is subjectivity to how the games are called. I think in this case you have a hard defined rule such as "closed fist contact to another player results in automatic 1 game suspension". My question to you is then that every time someone literally has their hand closed in a fist and touches another player then they automatically should be suspended without any judgment of the surrounding context? or situation? bull YOU KNOW THAT IS bull AS WELL AS I DO.

a dozen players a night would get supsended becaue they ball up their fist when set a pick or box out for rebound or on the free throw line. or jump balls. ALL THE TIME.

All you THunder babies saying it is the right call are homers and not looking at this as a fan of basketball and the spirit of the game. You are selfish and just want to cruise on to the next round and you dont give a damn about the sport of basketball or the integrity of the National Basketball Association. You and Bruce Bowen make me sick. BUT HEY THERE I GO AGAIN. Letting my blood boil.

I sure hope you are right that game 7 has yet to play so conspiracy or not, they got to play the game. Let's just hope this is a good game. if it is not then this series will forever have a huge asterisk next to it just as our appearance in the WCF last year has that immense asterisk by every sports writer in media today, "WELL they only got there because Westbrook was injured"...

I actually have calmed down from last night becuase I think the Grizz can still be a formidable opponent without ZBO tonight. SO I hope my fears and anger are all for naught and we have a great game tonight.

Good luck!

I really don't want to see Randolph suspended, and I don't think it hurts your guys chances all that much. Forcing Gasol to be your primary post scorer actually probably makes this an even tougher game. But there's an obvious difference between balling your fist up on a screen and balling it up and intentionally throwing it at a guy's face. If this wasn't game 7 would that deserve a suspension? I'd say absolutely and I don't think anyone except the most homerish of fans would argue that.

What is the surrounding context that made this not a punch to the face? It obviously wasn't a basketball play, it was obviously intentional, just because it came at an inopportune time doesn't mean it should be ignored.
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#7 » by truwizfan4evr » Sat May 3, 2014 6:55 pm

Who starts in Randolph place?
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
vanjulio
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by vanjulio » Sat May 3, 2014 8:41 pm

sorry for the personal attack about "wanting randolph suspended".

forget it . it's ancient history.

game is on the line. series on the line. season on the line.

ready for this!?!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCPm-IAntwE[/youtube]
vanjulio
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by vanjulio » Sat May 3, 2014 8:43 pm

truwizfan4evr wrote:Who starts in Randolph place?

ED DAVIS.

WORD is that TOny ALlen may not play tonight too.
:nonono:
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,612

Post#10 » by kyphi » Sun May 4, 2014 1:54 pm

why did Z hit him - the camera angle covered up what happened before the swing.
vanjulio
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by vanjulio » Mon May 5, 2014 2:03 pm

kyphi wrote:why did Z hit him - the camera angle covered up what happened before the swing.

he was simply pushing Adams away as Adams was bumping him down the court. It is not entirely illegal what Adams was doing but it violates an unwritten rule. Adams as a rookie doesn't know all the little things that pro players do in the NBA and hence all the flagrant fouls and suspensions as players try to "teach him a lesson" for playing dirty and learning the ropes. He's still just a child and as the youngest of 18 children he has the ultimate "younger sibling syndrome".
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#12 » by SD2042 » Mon May 5, 2014 3:30 pm

vanjulio wrote:
kyphi wrote:why did Z hit him - the camera angle covered up what happened before the swing.

he was simply pushing Adams away as Adams was bumping him down the court. It is not entirely illegal what Adams was doing but it violates an unwritten rule. Adams as a rookie doesn't know all the little things that pro players do in the NBA and hence all the flagrant fouls and suspensions as players try to "teach him a lesson" for playing dirty and learning the ropes. He's still just a child and as the youngest of 18 children he has the ultimate "younger sibling syndrome".

Sounds like the diagnosis of a sports psychologist.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies