ImageImage

Z-Bo opt in

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Z-Bo opt in 

Post#1 » by jumivi » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:12 pm

@Adrian Wojnarowski: After exercising his $16.5M player option for 2014-'15, Zach Randolph has agreed to 2-year, $20M extension with Memphis

Great move.
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Re: Z-Bo opt in 

Post#2 » by dark-child » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:26 pm

The move is being labeled a home run for the Grizz in numbers and years. The move also necessitates you acquire your starting SF via trade, as the mid level not gobbled up by resigning Mike Miller will not be enough for a difference maker.

I would not be surprised to revisit Minnesota regarding Prince as they now have a plethora of wings so they may be willing to move Barea and some combination salary for Prince.

If ZBO had opted out, a sign and trade with Cleveland for Loul Deng could have been a remote possibility now it seems highly unlikely.

Denver, Minnesota, and hopefully Boston
jefe
General Manager
And1: 635

Post#3 » by jefe » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:13 pm

dark-child wrote:The move is being labeled a home run for the Grizz in numbers and years. The move also necessitates you acquire your starting SF via trade, as the mid level not gobbled up by resigning Mike Miller will not be enough for a difference maker.

I would not be surprised to revisit Minnesota regarding Prince as they now have a plethora of wings so they may be willing to move Barea and some combination salary for Prince.

If ZBO had opted out, a sign and trade with Cleveland for Loul Deng could have been a remote possibility now it seems highly unlikely.

Denver, Minnesota, and hopefully Boston

According to Vernon, we've had 4 conversations with Boston about trading for Jeff Green over the last year. He'd be a clear upgrade over Prince (who wouldn't?), I just don't know if we have the assets to pull off a deal. Prince's expiring is a good starting point IMO, but not enough to get it done without adding more.
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#4 » by dark-child » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:47 pm

I would be okay, to combine Prince with either of the following: Koufus, Lee, or Pondexter to get a Jeff Green deal done, although they would not take Lee back so a third team willing to part with a backup center for Lee would be necessary.
darkangle901
Starter
And1: 75

Post#5 » by darkangle901 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:13 pm

We should just waive prince or bench him and tough it out this year. Next summer we can have the entire core under contract with lots of cap room to spare, depending on how much money gasol demands.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using RealGM Forums mobile app
You can borrow ten cents; my two cents is free
jefe
General Manager

Post#6 » by jefe » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:17 am

darkangle901 wrote:We should just waive prince or bench him and tough it out this year. Next summer we can have the entire core under contract with lots of cap room to spare, depending on how much money gasol demands.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Trading Prince would be more about improving the team for 14-15. If we're content to stand pat (and I hope we're not), then waiving Prince or toughing it out is ok. If we want to improve the team for 14-15 without making a major trade, our options are more or less limited to 1) trading Prince (a decent sized expiring, which has some value - but not like it used to) or 2) using the MLE to sign a free agent. Our history suggests that we have better odds of landing a quality player via trade than free agency.
jefe
General Manager

Post#7 » by jefe » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:22 am

dark-child wrote:I would be okay, to combine Prince with either of the following: Koufus, Lee, or Pondexter to get a Jeff Green deal done, although they would not take Lee back so a third team willing to part with a backup center for Lee would be necessary.

Agreed, but including Koufos would be tough given his bargain contract.
darkangle901
Starter

Post#8 » by darkangle901 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:06 am

jefe wrote:
dark-child wrote:I would be okay, to combine Prince with either of the following: Koufus, Lee, or Pondexter to get a Jeff Green deal done, although they would not take Lee back so a third team willing to part with a backup center for Lee would be necessary.

Agreed, but including Koufos would be tough given his bargain contract.

I don't think you deal Pondexter or Lee either to get Green considering our shooting woes. I would deal TA but the C's won't want him.
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#9 » by vanjulio » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:38 pm

why would the C's not want TA? The Grindfather? he's still legend up here with the fans
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
darkangle901
Starter

Post#10 » by darkangle901 » Tue Jul 1, 2014 12:18 am

vanjulio wrote:why would the C's not want TA? The Grindfather? he's still legend up here with the fans

Because it's pretty clear they're rebuilding.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies