And1: 2,413

The Courtney Lee Conundrum 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:48 am

Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Re: The Courtney Lee Conundrum 

Post#2 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:26 pm

Lee should be sixth man. Start conley, allen, vince, zach, gasol. The team needs vince's playmaking in the starting lineup to take some pressure of conley, then you can bring in lee as an offensive punch off the bench. I'd say 25mpg for tony, 32 for vince, 28 for lee and about 15 for quincy.

Prince needs to be traded, memphis needs a backup big so trade his expiring to the kings for jason thompson or carl landry. Trade him for bass who's also an expiring, if the celtics are willing. Maybe ilyasova if he's healthy. Plenty of options.

I don't understand why joerger would play tay, let alone start him, he was horrible last year and hasn't been good in years. Vince on the other hand should improve from last year playing next to zach and marc, running pick and rolls and taking open shots. Prince, unless he magically had a resurrection, is a detriment to this team.
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#3 » by 2Mas » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:32 pm

Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:Lee should be sixth man. Start conley, allen, vince, zach, gasol. The team needs vince's playmaking in the starting lineup to take some pressure of conley, then you can bring in lee as an offensive punch off the bench. I'd say 25mpg for tony, 32 for vince, 28 for lee and about 15 for quincy.

Prince needs to be traded, memphis needs a backup big so trade his expiring to the kings for jason thompson or carl landry. Trade him for bass who's also an expiring, if the celtics are willing. Maybe ilyasova if he's healthy. Plenty of options.

I don't understand why joerger would play tay, let alone start him, he was horrible last year and hasn't been good in years. Vince on the other hand should improve from last year playing next to zach and marc, running pick and rolls and taking open shots. Prince, unless he magically had a resurrection, is a detriment to this team.

Give us a pick & it's a deal!

Imagine? You'd be stacked.

Conley - Cathales
Allen - Lee
Carter - Beas
Zbo - Bass
Gasol - Koufos
Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Post#4 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:57 pm

2Mas wrote:
Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:Lee should be sixth man. Start conley, allen, vince, zach, gasol. The team needs vince's playmaking in the starting lineup to take some pressure of conley, then you can bring in lee as an offensive punch off the bench. I'd say 25mpg for tony, 32 for vince, 28 for lee and about 15 for quincy.

Give us a pick & it's a deal!

Imagine? You'd be stacked.

Conley - Cathales
Allen - Lee
Carter - Beas
Zbo - Bass
Gasol - Koufos

If i were the gm i'd first try to get jermaine o'neal from free agency, but if he won't sign i'd give that pick in a heartbeat. The chances of getting a better player than bass with it are pretty small AND this is supposed to be a win now team.

Unfortunately, there's no indication that the grizzlies' actual gm is looking to make any moves. I'm hoping he's just staying under the radar and we'll see a trade happen out of nowhere. Who knows maybe he's looking on this forum, he might learn a thing or two. j/k (not really)

Return to Memphis Grizzlies