Post#1 » by Zordor » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:19 pm

Beas is out
Hancock is out

Left:
Patrick Christopher
Earl Clark
Kalin Lucas
Hassan Whiteside

Who will be the next one to go and who will be the last one standing? My top 2 prospects are out now and the above is the order I had the rest in likelihood.

I think Whiteside is not going to get it even though the grizz could always use the extra bigman, but there are better options than whiteside on the market. Christopher is a great player but we are log jammed at the position currently, and the only viable option I have come to is that we need to trade courtney lee even though I love him and for years I was asking for him to go to memphis, he is no longer what the grizzlies need having added both Jordan Adams who looks about 10x better than most people thought on draft night and Vince Carter, who despite his age will be a great player and mentor. Patrick Christopher would be a great addition if we could relieve ourselves of lee, kailin lucas is a great option even though we have 3 point guards already since calathes is suspended for a while, I do think lucas could be our backup point guard moving forward after this year. Many people think memphis will take the stretch Forward Earl clark, and that owuld be a good option too, he is a another player I always thought could fit in the grizzlies system but could be in more of a reserve role and play in certain games when the grizzlies needed more size or athleticism on the floor. This is getting very interesting.

I would really like to trade Lee for a potential starting Small forward, i would say tobias harris but I think we really need someone who spaces the floor more, so Maurice Harkless or Wilson Chandler I think would be an ideal fit for what we could plausibly trade lee for.
Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Re: The Plot Thickens 

Post#2 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:45 pm

Courtney lee is a keeper. The one player that HAS to go is prince: 44 TS%, 97 ortg <--> 108 drtg, horrible... and it's not like it was just one fluke year. If we're lucky he gets packaged in a trade along with calathes. Wilson chandler isn't that good, so no thanks. Harkless, yes please but the magic's gm would probably think it's a bad joke and hang up.

As far as the guys that are left in camp i'd prefer whiteside and/or maybe christopher. The other two can leave immediately. About whiteside, what better options are there in your opinion? I can only think of a few:
- Oden and bynum who both won't stay healthy and bynum is a headcase.
- Jermaine o'neal, who i'd love to have on the team but i don't think the grizzlies have much to offer in terms of salary and obviously if he wants to play for the min he can go anywhere he wants. He'll probably stay in GS.
- Okafor, won't be ready to play until midseason.

Besides, we really only need a third stringer at center, koufos is a solid backup. Though obviously, if jermaine or emeka wants to sign you do it and use koufos in a trade. Prince (expiring), koufos (solid 7 footer) and calathes (filler) should be able to net you a good player in return. Or just cut prince and trade koufos/calathes.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#3 » by jman3134 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:42 pm

I would rather have either Earl Clark or Whiteside. Liked the way Clark played for the Lakers. Could bring some good bench energy.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#4 » by SD2042 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:11 am

Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:Courtney lee is a keeper. The one player that HAS to go is prince: 44 TS%, 97 ortg <--> 108 drtg, horrible... and it's not like it was just one fluke year. If we're lucky he gets packaged in a trade along with calathes. Wilson chandler isn't that good, so no thanks. Harkless, yes please but the magic's gm would probably think it's a bad joke and hang up.

As far as the guys that are left in camp i'd prefer whiteside and/or maybe christopher. The other two can leave immediately. About whiteside, what better options are there in your opinion? I can only think of a few:
- Oden and bynum who both won't stay healthy and bynum is a headcase.
- Jermaine o'neal, who i'd love to have on the team but i don't think the grizzlies have much to offer in terms of salary and obviously if he wants to play for the min he can go anywhere he wants. He'll probably stay in GS.
- Okafor, won't be ready to play until midseason.

Harkless is the guy I been pulling for the Grizzlies to make a trade for. He's young and on a rookie deal for two years. He has the tools to make an impact on both ends of the floor. Just needs to be around a winning environment amongst veterans with playoff experience.

Like you mention would Rob Henningan be willing to make a deal to satisify both parties.

jman3134 wrote:I would rather have either Earl Clark or Whiteside. Liked the way Clark played for the Lakers. Could bring some good bench energy.

Keep in mind that Mike D'Antoni coached the Lakers during Clark's stint in L.A. His system is designed to make players look good. Also keep in mind Clark was later traded to the Cavaliers where he would see his stats fall off as expected. Still not convinced of Clark's chances to making past training camp.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies