Jordan Adams

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

aaron_gray
Analyst
And1: 979

Jordan Adams 

Post#1 » by aaron_gray » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:37 am

What do you guys think of him so far
TyCobb wrote:Embiid at peak value after reaching a new maturity level.
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#2 » by dark-child » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:00 pm

We are hoping for the best in that he develops like Harden who was considered less that athletic coming out of Arizona State. This type of return would really free up the organization to make a much needed wing trade that also frees up dollars next summer.

We also would not be surprised if he spent the majority of his time with the Iowa Energy this season as well.
Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

Post#3 » by Zordor » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:34 pm

I love Jordan's game, I do think he was underrated on draft day. But i also like that quote haha, Dieng is a great player and I have tried to think of every viable option of how the grizzlies would acquire him, sadly I havent found a solution yet, and by the time he hits free agency (if he hits free agency) he will be making some good dollars and might want to start for a team. Another great up and coming center is Mason Plumlee. I really do think Jordan adams if he doesnt log starter minutes this year, will have a great chance to log them moving forward. I would love to see our lineup in the next years to look like this, because it would be stacked to the max.

Conley/Udrih/Kalin Lucas

Jordan Adams/Allen or Lee (let go of one of them via trade or FA) / Q-pon

Harkless or Jimmy Butler/Vince Carter/ Prince (He is a still a good mentor and player coach, we can pay him like veteran minimum moving forward)

Randolph/Stokes/Glen Davis

Gasol/ Shawn Long or Myles Turner (1rst round pick 2015) / Leur

That way we have guys coming in who in the long run will take the place of the older members on the team and we have some young talent in the starting 5
Adams is probably our starting SG moving forward, we can get a good young SF this offseason even if it is a stretch SG like Jimmy Butler is. Randolph is going to be here for atleast 2 more years and I doubt Stokes is going to take his place but by the time Randolph retires maybe Julius Randle will be in his own and on free agency and be our next Zbo, Gasol once he signs his contract isnt going anywhere soon nor retiring and thats why getting a guy like Shawn Long or Myles Turner who have high long term potential could be beneficial especially if they have to play the 4 if we cant get another guy soon after Zbo retires and they will be in their prime when they hit the starting lineup whether it be at the 4 or the 5. Glen Davis is a filler bought cheap, Leur can play PF or Center he is a good versatile player same for Q-pon on SG and SF.
Dynomike
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#4 » by Dynomike » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:21 pm

He's looked better than I thought he would so far. I'd like to see him get a chance as a starter some time this season against one of the weaker teams. Ideally Adams gets starter minutes so he has a chance to develop and to give the older guys on the roster some rest. That would give us a chance to trim the fat a bit and snag another decent role player/prospect in a trade involving Lee and/or Prince.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies