Post#1 » by jumivi » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:07 pm

Joerger reveals the starting wings

So we have:

PG Conley - Udrih - Calathes
SG Lee - Pondexter - Adams
SF Allen - Carter - Prince
PF Randolph - Leuer - Stokes
C Gasol - Koufos

Ill sign Whiteside and then try to trade Koufos for Tristan Thompson.
Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Re: Finally, the starters 

Post#2 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:47 pm

Too small and no second playmaker on the perimeter. At least it's not prince, but still... bad choice.

Allen/carter should've been the way to go. TA to guard the best opposing perimeter player. Vince would work the pick and roll to perfection with marc/zach, he can take smaller defenders in the post, he's a much better passer, ballhandler and shooter than lee and his defense is just fine. In short, carter just fits better with the starters.

Lee on the other hand is perfect as a 6th man. He brings instant offense, energy and great athleticism. If you play lee along with the bench unit you could play more of an uptempo style for stretches which is much more suited to lee's game.

Horrible decision, it truly boggles the mind. This will cost us some games this season. Joerger is probably looking to use carter as the go to guy on the bench like they did in dallas. Newsflash: it didn't work. He's just not quick enough anymore to consistently create his own shots, that's why you put him in the starting lineup so he can play next to great playmakers like conley and gasol. That would increase his efficiency and impact dramatically, which in turn results in wins... player/team management 101. Lee is a prototype 6th man of the year candidate, how can joerger not see that?
Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:02 pm

jumivi wrote:Ill sign Whiteside and then try to trade Koufos for Tristan Thompson.

Why in the world would you do that.
1 - Koufos is better.
2 - Are you dave joerger?
3 - Koufos (7'0) is a better post defender, has a decent touch around the rim and is a legit backup center. Thompson (6'8) is a tweener, kind of like jj hickson, an athletic rebounder with no offensive game to speak of.
4 - Sure, i'd sign whiteside as well, but he probably won't be able to replace what koufos brings. Unless you know something the rest of the world doesn't.
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Post#4 » by jumivi » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:56 am

Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:
jumivi wrote:Ill sign Whiteside and then try to trade Koufos for Tristan Thompson.

1 - Koufos is better.
3 - Koufos (7'0) is a better post defender, has a decent touch around the rim and is a legit backup center. Thompson (6'8) is a tweener, kind of like jj hickson, an athletic rebounder with no offensive game to speak of.
4 - Sure, i'd sign whiteside as well, but he probably won't be able to replace what koufos brings. Unless you know something the rest of the world doesn't.

Because Thompson is better than Koufos, and i belive Koufos is gone next season.
1 - no
2 - no
3 - no/mmmmmmm/sure is legit, but we dont have min to him/i think hes 6´9/6´10, and is going to play next to marc, i love the idea to play a defensive player next to marc.
4 - Whiteside is out, anyways if he had been was to play 8-12 min a game (if need) couse like i said before, Thompson could take some min here. I think Koufos will not be here next season, he deserves/demands more minutes and im not sold on playing him at pf.
5 - i want a pf who can start next year if need.
6 - Thompson > Koufos
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#5 » by SD2042 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:45 am

Although I'm not one to question TA's toughness and resilience, I'm not convince he'll be able to keep have to defend SFs' who will be taller than he is for 82 games. On top of that, Allen isn't reliable from the perimeter in the first place.

Also Koufos for Thompson won't work. Grizz didn't draft Stokes for no reason. Thompson at best could be a career backup who can provide energy off the bench.
Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:47 am

jumivi wrote:
Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:

1 - Koufos is better.

Because Thompson is better than Koufos, and i belive Koufos is gone next season.
1 - no
2 - no
3 - no/mmmmmmm/sure is legit, but we dont have min to him/i think hes 6´9/6´10, and is going to play next to marc, i love the idea to play a defensive player next to marc.
4 - Whiteside is out, anyways if he had been was to play 8-12 min a game (if need) couse like i said before, Thompson could take some min here. I think Koufos will not be here next season, he deserves/demands more minutes and im not sold on playing him at pf.
5 - i want a pf who can start next year if need.
6 - Thompson > Koufos

Alrighty then... i guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Sure, koufos will probably be gone next season but we need him this year. Thompson is a 6'9 athletic hustle/rebound/defense guy with no offense, i honestly don't see the big deal. You might as well pick up dante cunningham from free agency or even take a chance on tony mitchell, eric griffin, malcolm thomas, etc..

I'd like to see some input from other fans, if there are any. This has to be the deadest team forum on realgm.
Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:03 pm

SD2042 wrote:Although I'm not one to question TA's toughness and resilience, I'm not convince he'll be able to keep have to defend SFs' who will be taller than he is for 82 games. On top of that, Allen isn't reliable from the perimeter in the first place.

Also Koufos for Thompson won't work. Grizz didn't draft Stokes for no reason. Thompson at best could be a career backup who can provide energy off the bench.

I'm not convinced with tony either but he's really the only option. Lee is too small/weak. Carter is too old. Prince has been done for years now. Pondexter is simply a bad defender. Patrick christopher might even be the best defender on the team (considering tony's age), but i doubt he'll get meaningful minutes if he makes the team.

I wholeheartedly agree about thompson.
jumivi
Senior

Post#8 » by jumivi » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:32 pm

Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:
SD2042 wrote:Although I'm not one to question TA's toughness and resilience, I'm not convince he'll be able to keep have to defend SFs' who will be taller than he is for 82 games. On top of that, Allen isn't reliable from the perimeter in the first place.

I'm not convinced with tony either but he's really the only option. Lee is too small/weak. Carter is too old. Prince has been done for years now. Pondexter is simply a bad defender. Patrick christopher might even be the best defender on the team (considering tony's age), but i doubt he'll get meaningful minutes if he makes the team.

I wholeheartedly agree about thompson.

I think we could start Pondexter over Allen and i dont think Q is a BAD defender. But im ok, for now, if Tony starts.
Stokes is a solid pick, i dont know if he could ever be a starter... if he devolps hes game, defense and jump shot, we dont need Thompson, but i believe Thompson is ready now for solid minutes.
Anyways what do u think is the trade value for Kosta? Because im trying to be realistic, im not trying to trade Koufos for Monroe.
Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

Post#9 » by Zordor » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:28 pm

I gave it some thought, and tell me what you guys think about these potential moves

Minnesota Trades Dieng and Shabazz for Q-Pon and Koufus

Milwalkuee trades Henson and Inglis for Q-Pon and Koufus

New Orleans trades Babbit, Withey, and Evans for Q-pon, Koufus and Prince and a future first or second round pick

Sacremento trades Stauskas, Thompson, Casspi for Q-Pon, Koufus, Calathes
jumivi
Senior

Post#10 » by jumivi » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:25 pm

Zordor wrote:Minnesota Trades Dieng and Shabazz for Q-Pon and Koufus

i dont know why TimberWolves do that

Zordor wrote:Milwalkuee trades Henson and Inglis for Q-Pon and Koufus

ok

Zordor wrote:New Orleans trades Babbit, Withey, and Evans for Q-pon, Koufus and Prince and a future first or second round pick

i really like Evans, but we give to much for an injure prone???? If he proves to stay healthy ill do it.

Zordor wrote:Sacremento trades Stauskas, Thompson, Casspi for Q-Pon, Koufus, Calathes

i dont know why Kings do that
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#11 » by SD2042 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:17 am

jumivi wrote:
I think we could start Pondexter over Allen and i dont think Q is a BAD defender. But im ok, for now, if Tony starts.
Stokes is a solid pick, i dont know if he could ever be a starter... if he devolps hes game, defense and jump shot, we dont need Thompson, but i believe Thompson is ready now for solid minutes.
Anyways what do u think is the trade value for Kosta? Because im trying to be realistic, im not trying to trade Koufos for Monroe.

Q-Pon is decent as far as skills sets are concern. My issues are with his durability as he has collected back to back seasons filled with injuries. This raises a big red flag with me. Anytime a player can't seem to stay healthy throughout the season, that causes for hesitation(see Andrew Bynum and Amare Stoudemire). As a starter, Q-Pon skill set and stats report suggest he's a weapon off the bench. He's more of a spot up shooter who may drive to the hole from time to time and is a decent defender at best. I would not have him as a starter due to his lack of a better quick step to get to the hole and draw fouls.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... equ01.html

Koufos for Monroe isn't likely to happen. Detroit needs a suitable SF in return for Monroe.
jumivi
Senior

Post#12 » by jumivi » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:29 am

do u think Koufos has the same value of Monroe?
Dynomike
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#13 » by Dynomike » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:00 am

Koufos isn't going anywhere until they know what Gasol's intends to do.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#14 » by SD2042 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:25 pm

jumivi wrote:do u think Koufos has the same value of Monroe?

I don't think so. To me, Koufos plays his role to do the neccessary things and doesn't go outside of his tangents meaning try to score say 15 to 20 pts on the nightly basis or attempts to want to posterize his opponents to be on ESPN. He's a career backup inspite to the fact he started for the Nuggets two seasons ago.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies