ImageImage

Does anyone think Pau Gasol should get his jersey retired?

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

TheBomb81
Pro Prospect
And1: 64

Does anyone think Pau Gasol should get his jersey retired? 

Post#1 » by TheBomb81 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:12 pm

Any Grizzlies think Pau Gasol should get his #16 jersey retired someday?Pau Gasol was a beast during his six-and-a-half seasons with your team,leading the Griz to the playoffs three times,even though getting blown out in the first round against,San Antonio,Phoenix,and Dallas.
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Re: Does anyone think Pau Gasol should get his jersey retire 

Post#2 » by jumivi » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:45 am

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,553

Post#3 » by BarbaGrizz » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:44 am

Well, teams should retire jerseys from their best players ever. So yes, I believe Pau´s #16 should be retired.
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#4 » by SD2042 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:19 pm

Outside of the stats he achieved for the Grizzlies, what else has he done that stood out that put him in position to deserve having his number retire in Grizzlies history?
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#5 » by dark-child » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:58 pm

If Marc resigns this summer, then the answer is yes, if he does other than that, then no.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#6 » by SD2042 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:02 pm

dark-child wrote:If Marc resigns this summer, then the answer is yes, if he does other than that, then no.

Maybe it's me, but you know the question is about Pau and not Marc right?
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by dark-child » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:55 pm

SD2042 wrote:
dark-child wrote:If Marc resigns this summer, then the answer is yes, if he does other than that, then no.

Yes, but given the lack of success in the organization's history should any jersey be in the Rafters right now? Pau's stint in Memphis was very polarizing so it is not definitive either way, basing the decision on whether Marc stays or goes is an opinion, but given the fact that decision will significantly impact the franchise for years to come is the proper barometer on Pau's jersey since it will be a slam dunk that if he chooses to stay, Marc will have his retired as well.
jumivi
Senior

Post#8 » by jumivi » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:55 pm

dark-child wrote:
SD2042 wrote:

Yes, but given the lack of success in the organization's history should any jersey be in the Rafters right now? Pau's stint in Memphis was very polarizing so it is not definitive either way, basing the decision on whether Marc stays or goes is an opinion, but given the fact that decision will significantly impact the franchise for years to come is the proper barometer on Pau's jersey since it will be a slam dunk that if he chooses to stay, Marc will have his retired as well.

:o :banghead:

WHAT?

How easy people forget. Pau is one of the most talented player, BUT... rememer the BOOOOOOOOS? do u remember Maggette forcing him taking outside shots? he was so soft, always looking for excuses. I guess he was one of the reasons we are GRIT N´ GRIND.
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by dark-child » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:42 pm

Yeah, I know the frustration in being a Grizz Fan during his tenure (Pau) but the organization has to start having a foundation of Grizz players to retire their jerseys, because right now we have no candidates outside of him and he does hold a lot of the career marks in our organizations history. I haven't been to the games in a while but I think we only have Don Porier, and maybe they add Michael Heisley in the future, but right now there are no players so if not him when he retires then who?
jumivi
Senior

Post#10 » by jumivi » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:51 pm

We are a relative young franchise, what is the hurry to retired jerseys. REMEMBER he wanted to leave us ( :nod: ) for a better team. Who deserves to be retired?? at the moment nobody. Lets see what happend to z-bo, conley and marc.
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Post#11 » by bobobolas10 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:51 pm

jumivi wrote:We are a relative young franchise, what is the hurry to retired jerseys. REMEMBER he wanted to leave us ( :nod: ) for a better team. Who deserves to be retired?? at the moment nobody. Lets see what happend to z-bo, conley and marc.

I couldnt agree more with you. no need to retire jerseys at the moment. Rudy Gay was a good player as well with very good stats, does it mean we should retire his J too? Marc Gasol and Conley are in the perfect spot for that, playing all their careers for the Grizzs. I hope they stay here as long as possiible...
"Take that for Data!"

Return to Memphis Grizzlies