Grizzlies Address & Roll Call 2014-15

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Grizzlies Address & Roll Call 2014-15 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:17 pm

Alright everyone, as we all know, the 2014-15 season is less than two days away. Thx God basketball is back! I'm sure that a lot of things and issues will happen durin this upcoming season. Lots of players have changed teams, the Western Conference has gotten stronger than ever. These games will be tough and hard fought. From the coaching schemes, the players chemistry, and foundation of discipline, every win counts! This team cannot be caught behind the 8ball otherwise, good luck climbing up that mountain. I want to take the time to welcome new Grizzlies: Vince Carter, Jordan Adams, and Memphis's own Jarnell Stokes to the squad and wish them luck this upcoming season.

To you the fans who read, post, and lurk on this board, this will be an opportunity to us to get to know one another and share our debates and issues that will happen throughout this upcoming season and perhaps growing more traffic as the Grizzlies have proven to be a force to be reckon with. If this board can do that same, then we too can become a force to be reckon with.

Best of luck and Go Grizzlies!

Name: Paul
City: M-Town
How long You Followed the Grizzlies: Since their debut here in the city back in 2001.
Fav Grizz Players(Past/Present): Lorenzen Wright, James Posey, Z-Bo, Marc, TA
Meaning of your screen handle: SD stands for Silent Disciple. The name just reflects my personality as a strong silent type. Just like to have fun like everyone else.
Five actress you like to date: Halle Berry, Kate Beckinsale, Sofia Vergara, Rochelle Aytes, Mila Kunis
Fave Movies: The Negotiator, The Dark Knight Trilogies, Blade 2, Fast and Furious 2, 4, 5, & 6
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Re: Grizzlies Address & Roll Call 2014-15 

Post#2 » by bobobolas10 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:09 pm

Yep, Finally the long wait is over! I expect this season to be more or less as exciting as these last few years. Regarding our roster we have reasons to stay positive (Our core is healthy and nobody got traded to save some money) on the other hand, big moves we only landed Vince carter in exchange of mike miller. We knew Mr Miller fits in this franchise, About Vince Carter it is yet to be known. I remember I always used to sign him in videogames when he was in the raptors to play in the grizzs, so finally it happened! In the negative end, I have to add as well that I am concerned about our interior game. Clearly Zbo-marc are TOP among the NBA starters, Kosta Koufos is just ok and the list of realiable bigs is over. Pray nobody gets hurted...

I like when we introduce ourselves once per season so here I go!
Name: Fernando
City: M-city (M stands for Madrid in this case )
How long You Followed the Grizzlies: Since they moved to Memphis.
Fav Grizz Players(Past/Present): Past Jason Williams, Stromile Swift and Bonzi Wells (Yep I really enjoyed him the few games he played for us) PRESENT: Marc Gasol and Mike Conley.
Meaning of your screen handle: bobobolas10 is bobo as in dumb in Spain (Not a really accurate translation but you get the idea) Bolas means balls. Number 10 is just because I forgot my password for bobobolas and bobobolas1 :)
Five actress you like to date: Mila Kunis, Megan Fox, Scarlett Johanson, Angelina Jolie and Lena Headey (Cersei Lanister)
"Take that for Data!"
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,553

Post#3 » by BarbaGrizz » Mon Nov 3, 2014 2:27 am

Name: Gabriel
City: Santo André-Brazil
How long You Followed the Grizzlies: Since the 2001 draft
Fav Grizz Players(Past/Present): Jason Williams, Marc Gasol, Vince Carter (in Toronto days)
Meaning of your screen handle: Barba means "beard" and it´s my nickname in everywhere I go
Five actress you like to date: Mila Kunis, Rachel McAddams, Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone, Daenerys Targaryen (forgot her name)
Fave Movies: Lord Of The Rings, James Bond movies, Jerry Maguire, Fight Club
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
Zman80000
Sophomore
And1: 306

Post#4 » by Zman80000 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:26 pm

Name: Mark
City: East Memphis baby
How long You Followed the Grizzlies: Since 2001, moved here in 1996.
Fav Grizz Players(Past/Present): TA, Both Gasol's
Meaning of your screen handle: My last name starts with a Z and my friends call me Zman. That name was taken so I had to add some numbers to it.
Five actress you like to date: Kate Beckinsale, Scarlett Johansson, Jaclyn Smith (obviouly much younger version), Charlize Theron, Megan Fox
Fave Movies: Major League, Airplane, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Marvels Avengers
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#5 » by vanjulio » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:13 pm

sorry I'm late to the party

Name: Webb
City: Portsmouth, Rhode Island
How long You Followed the Grizzlies: Since 2001.
Fav Grizz Players(Past/Present): ZBO, Rudy, Bonzi Wells, GASOLS
Meaning of your screen handle: just a nickname my buddy Scoop Jackson invented for me
Five actress you like to date: assuming I was single again: Ann Hathaway, Eliza Dushku, Heather Graham, Audrey Tautou, Alyssa Milano.
Fave Movies: Big Lebowski, Rushmore, Thin Red Line, Bladerunner, Hoop Dreams?
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die

Return to Memphis Grizzlies