Vince Carter

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,269

Vince Carter 

Post#1 » by Clyde Frazier » Sat Nov 1, 2014 2:53 pm

Any idea why he's barely getting any run the first 2 games? Joerger still trying to figure out where he fits, or do you think this will continue?
Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Re: Vince Carter 

Post#2 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Sat Nov 1, 2014 10:17 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:Any idea why he's barely getting any run the first 2 games? Joerger still trying to figure out where he fits, or do you think this will continue?

He's playing injured again, as usual. Apparently he has bone spurs in his ankle according to some other posters here. Why those weren't surgically removed during the off-season is beyond me, recovery time from an arthroscopy is only about a month anyway.
jefe
General Manager
And1: 635

Post#3 » by jefe » Mon Nov 3, 2014 1:44 pm

Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:Any idea why he's barely getting any run the first 2 games? Joerger still trying to figure out where he fits, or do you think this will continue?

He's playing injured again, as usual. Apparently he has bone spurs in his ankle according to some other posters here. Why those weren't surgically removed during the off-season is beyond me, recovery time from an arthroscopy is only about a month anyway.

I thought he had surgery in the offseason to remove them and he's still recovering from the surgery?
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#4 » by SD2042 » Mon Nov 3, 2014 3:56 pm

jefe wrote:
Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:

I thought he had surgery in the offseason to remove them and he's still recovering from the surgery?

He did have surgery to remove the spurs back in July. He also is dealing with hamstring issues as well.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2135 ... redictions

https://basketballmonster.com/PlayerInfo.aspx?i=1909
Spankadelphia
Freshman
And1: 19

Post#5 » by Spankadelphia » Thu Nov 6, 2014 8:32 pm

He was pretty bad the first half of the season in Dallas last year. He's an old vet. It might as well still be preseason as far as he's concerned.
Damon_3388
Sixth Man
And1: 1,056

Post#6 » by Damon_3388 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:16 pm

Is Carter actually fit at the moment? If he is, he's starting to look a lot like he's "done", and that three year deal might have been a bit of a mistake.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.
ferk
Starter
And1: 689

Post#7 » by ferk » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:01 pm

3years was always a mistake I think his last year is an option or something though.
Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Post#8 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:57 pm

I don't understand why he's even playing, judging by all the limping and stuff he's clearly not alright. He should've went the okafor route and waited until midseason to get healthy before signing anywhere. This is just painful to watch.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#9 » by jman3134 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:17 am

It's not like the Grizz are running him into the ground though. We are certainly bringing him on slow and he is playing with some intensity - all you can really ask for.
cookie monster
Junior
And1: 28

Post#10 » by cookie monster » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:10 am

And BAM.. clutch 3

As long as he picks up form later down the season, the grizz are all good to go.
-In Maintenance-
Flight33
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,887

Post#11 » by Flight33 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:58 pm

What a pick up for you guys. VC still has something in the tank. You guys are real title contenders.
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#12 » by vanjulio » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:17 am

Flight33 wrote:What a pick up for you guys. VC still has something in the tank. You guys are real title contenders.

RIght now we're not just contenders - we're king of the mountain. it's our to lose right now.

VC has been on a tear so far this month. He's finally settled into his role off the bench and flourishing. This guy will become a legend if we do win the title this year. He had the perfect career. Comes out as a phenomenal rookie. Plays himself into bigger and bigger situations. Plays in title games. Allstars, Olympic medals. The things that any athlete would only dream about - he has achieved time and again. Now in his later years he continues to develop and modify his game to his body and find ways to contribute to a winning team at the highest level of all sports. It's truly inspiring what he's doing this year. I think the entire team is locked in and feeding off that energy from the opening night to come out strong, opposed to playing catch-up down the stretch. How much can be ascribed to the core of Gasol Conley, ZBO and the consistency of 3 years in the playoffs? And how much do you point to the current roster to be held accountable for the early season's success this year?? either way they are getting it done night after night. the world is starting to take notice. A best kept secret of the NBA
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
obekiroglu
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#13 » by obekiroglu » Sun Jan 4, 2015 11:47 pm

Im a big fan of this guy, how is he doing? His stats don't look very impressive, and I couldn't catch a lot of Grizzlies games this season to have an eye test opinion.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#14 » by SD2042 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:00 am

obekiroglu wrote:Im a big fan of this guy, how is he doing? His stats don't look very impressive, and I couldn't catch a lot of Grizzlies games this season to have an eye test opinion.

Carter has struggled in the past few weeks. There will be times where he can turn it on a bit. Personally I think he's trying to keep pace of himself and maybe it's conflicting with the struggles he been in the past few weeks.
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#15 » by dark-child » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:29 pm

The saving grace for the Grizz is that even though he is struggling he is the only playmaking wing on the team, so when Coach J. can't go small and play two point guards, Vince gets more minutes than maybe he deserves.
obekiroglu
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#16 » by obekiroglu » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:38 am

Thanks for the info. Why is he not playing atm? His injury should have recovered already
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Post#17 » by jumivi » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:53 pm

Hes still injured.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies