And1: 2,413

Grizzlies Sign Kalin Lucas 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Wed Nov 5, 2014 3:46 am

Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Re: Grizzlies Sign Kalin Lucas 

Post#2 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Wed Nov 5, 2014 1:43 pm

I would've preferred whiteside or christopher, maybe a trade involving calathes is in the works?
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Post#3 » by jumivi » Wed Nov 5, 2014 3:02 pm

I guess Conley is in doubt couse of the ankle injury
Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

Post#4 » by Zordor » Wed Nov 5, 2014 7:11 pm

Trading away calathes is ideal, Whiteside is physically imposing but still, not very good, but granted watching Leur and koufus out there these last couple games, it might not have been a terrible idea... I do not think the grizzlies will make any big or sudden moves this year, I think they are just going to sit tight and wait to retool next year when they have the cap, but I personally want to see them retool now , give up some assets if they have to and just make a run at it , you know Gasol is and has been playing 110% every night because he is in a contract year. Zbo is getting older and I just think we really need to trade for a solid starting SF like Butler/Harkless/Ross/Chandler/J-Green/Young/G-Green any of those would be better than what we are doing now, allen is a good defender, but not a small forward and not who we need starting right now, I like Lee starting, but I think for how grizzlies play, they outta start Vince and maybe not play him starter minutes but like 25 atleast and have lee come off the bench, lee is much better with isolation and spot up 3 shooting, so where it might help for him to be on the floor with the starters to space the floor, it might be more beneficial to have him come off the bench and light it up to get us back in a game or to run up a lead, because whether lee is on the floor or not over 70-80% of our offense comes from the post or medium range kick outs. We also need to play jordan adams more, that kid can ball and I don think he is getting ample minutes, I think jordan adams has the ball handling skills to be a combo guard, not playing the point often, but it wouldnt hurt to log him minutes at both positions, especially if conley is hurt and Calathes is on suspension.
jefe
General Manager
And1: 636

Post#5 » by jefe » Thu Nov 6, 2014 1:43 pm

Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:I would've preferred whiteside or christopher, maybe a trade involving calathes is in the works?

Occam's razor: the Grizz signed Lucas as insurance for Conley's tweaked ankle during Calathes' suspension.
Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Fri Nov 7, 2014 12:02 am

jefe wrote:
Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:I would've preferred whiteside or christopher, maybe a trade involving calathes is in the works?

Occam's razor: the Grizz signed Lucas as insurance for Conley's tweaked ankle during Calathes' suspension.

Sure, but last i checked speculation is a large part of any message board. You might as well turn the place into a newsfeed without it.

Either way, forgive me for having some hope and (half-heartedly) attempting to bring some life to the virtual wasteland that is this grizzlies sub-forum. I mean, you know it's bad when the grizzlies' mod is a magic fan. (No offense SD, i'm sure you're doing a good job, it's just that it illustrates the lack of activity here perfectly.)
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#7 » by SD2042 » Fri Nov 7, 2014 1:41 am

Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:
jefe wrote:

Sure, but last i checked speculation is a large part of any message board. You might as well turn the place into a newsfeed without it.

Either way, forgive me for having some hope and (half-heartedly) attempting to bring some life to the virtual wasteland that is this grizzlies sub-forum. I mean, you know it's bad when the grizzlies' mod is a magic fan. (No offense SD, i'm sure you're doing a good job, it's just that it illustrates the lack of activity here perfectly.)

Here's the deal. Every since I begun posting here on RGM, this board has been one of the quiet ones like the Spurs, and Pelicans boards as far as I remember. The former Grizzlies mods before me dealt with this issue under their watch and even requested for help from posters(current and former) to submit ideas to help liven the place up a bit. When you have competing boards that attract more traffic than other boards, that always play a role in determining whether or not your board stands a chance on improving traffic. It's like choosing between living in Los Angeles or living in Memphis. Whichever city has more opportunities and activities to be involved with is likely the city you would likely to gravitate towards. Maybe it's unfair statement, but it's the truth. A truth I've been fighting against in the last 11 yrs.

If anybody have some ideas on how to improve the boards to increase traffic, by all means put it out there. Make sure your idea(s) suit everyone. THIS IS YOUR COMMUNITY!!!!! FIGHT FOR IT!!!!! Otherwise, you might as well be living next to an abandoned house and watch the grass grow wild like a South American jungle. That kind of sh*t is want brings down communities. Don't just sit by want watch the place rot to hell and a hand basket. TAKE A STAND!!!!!

As for me being a fan of the Magic. I have been a fan of the Magic for 21 years. I go back as far as Penny Hardaway when he was traded there for Chris Webber. As a result, I followed his game plus the other players on the team and before I knew it, I became a Magic fan. I make no bones about it and don't hide it from anyone either. If anyone has taken issue with that, then I'm sorry to say that's your issue to deal with. As for the Grizzlies, our city's very first own NBA team back in 2001. It was great to be living in a city where we had our own NBA team to root for a change. Considering all the craziness, rebuilding, coaching changes, player personnel switch outs, new forum, out motto Grid-N-Grind, playoff experiences, the attitude and hell the fans dish out against any Memphis opponent(mainly Clippers and Thunder). :lol: Through it all, I'm glad to say I'm a Grizzlies fan myself for the last 13 yrs and counting. Ain't no stopping me now. That's why I have both Grizzlies and Magic icons posted on my screen handle to represent my two favorite NBA teams.

Last thing: All opinions are welcome here. Whether you're a fan of the team, fan of a player, or just a fan in general.
Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Fri Nov 7, 2014 2:24 pm

SD2042 wrote:
Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:
jefe wrote:

Here's the deal. Every since I begun posting here on RGM, this board has been one of the quiet ones like the Spurs, and Pelicans boards as far as I remember. The former Grizzlies mods before me dealt with this issue under their watch and even requested for help from posters(current and former) to submit ideas to help liven the place up a bit. When you have competing boards that attract more traffic than other boards, that always play a role in determining whether or not your board stands a chance on improving traffic. It's like choosing between living in Los Angeles or living in Memphis. Whichever city has more opportunities and activities to be involved with is likely the city you would likely to gravitate towards. Maybe it's unfair statement, but it's the truth. A truth I've been fighting against in the last 11 yrs.

If anybody have some ideas on how to improve the boards to increase traffic, by all means put it out there. Make sure your idea(s) suit everyone. THIS IS YOUR COMMUNITY!!!!! FIGHT FOR IT!!!!! Otherwise, you might as well be living next to an abandoned house and watch the grass grow wild like a South American jungle. That kind of sh*t is want brings down communities. Don't just sit by want watch the place rot to hell and a hand basket. TAKE A STAND!!!!!

As for me being a fan of the Magic. I have been a fan of the Magic for 21 years. I go back as far as Penny Hardaway when he was traded there for Chris Webber. As a result, I followed his game plus the other players on the team and before I knew it, I became a Magic fan. I make no bones about it and don't hide it from anyone either. If anyone has taken issue with that, then I'm sorry to say that's your issue to deal with. As for the Grizzlies, our city's very first own NBA team back in 2001. It was great to be living in a city where we had our own NBA team to root for a change. Considering all the craziness, rebuilding, coaching changes, player personnel switch outs, new forum, out motto Grid-N-Grind, playoff experiences, the attitude and hell the fans dish out against any Memphis opponent(mainly Clippers and Thunder). :lol: Through it all, I'm glad to say I'm a Grizzlies fan myself for the last 13 yrs and counting. Ain't no stopping me now. That's why I have both Grizzlies and Magic icons posted on my screen handle to represent my two favorite NBA teams.

Last thing: All opinions are welcome here. Whether you're a fan of the team, fan of a player, or just a fan in general.

It wasn't a negative criticism in any way and i'll be the last one to judge anyone for being a fan of multiple teams. There simply aren't a lot of posters here, there's not much you can do to get more. Nothing i can think of anyway.

I was just a little irked by the use of the term "occam's razor". Using that as a reply is basically saying: "Keep your unfounded theories to yourself, here's the truth.". It shuts down any chance of conversation.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#9 » by SD2042 » Sat Nov 8, 2014 12:46 am

Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:It wasn't a negative criticism in any way and i'll be the last one to judge anyone for being a fan of multiple teams. There simply aren't a lot of posters here, there's not much you can do to get more. Nothing i can think of anyway.

I was just a little irked by the use of the term "occam's razor". Using that as a reply is basically saying: "Keep your unfounded theories to yourself, here's the truth.". It shuts down any chance of conversation.

Don't let get to you down. I say chalk it up to agree/disagree situation and continue to move forward.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#10 » by jman3134 » Sun Nov 9, 2014 1:41 am

Zordor wrote:Trading away calathes is ideal, Whiteside is physically imposing but still, not very good, but granted watching Leur and koufus out there these last couple games, it might not have been a terrible idea... I do not think the grizzlies will make any big or sudden moves this year, I think they are just going to sit tight and wait to retool next year when they have the cap, but I personally want to see them retool now , give up some assets if they have to and just make a run at it , you know Gasol is and has been playing 110% every night because he is in a contract year. Zbo is getting older and I just think we really need to trade for a solid starting SF like Butler/Harkless/Ross/Chandler/J-Green/Young/G-Green any of those would be better than what we are doing now, allen is a good defender, but not a small forward and not who we need starting right now, I like Lee starting, but I think for how grizzlies play, they outta start Vince and maybe not play him starter minutes but like 25 atleast and have lee come off the bench, lee is much better with isolation and spot up 3 shooting, so where it might help for him to be on the floor with the starters to space the floor, it might be more beneficial to have him come off the bench and light it up to get us back in a game or to run up a lead, because whether lee is on the floor or not over 70-80% of our offense comes from the post or medium range kick outs. We also need to play jordan adams more, that kid can ball and I don think he is getting ample minutes, I think jordan adams has the ball handling skills to be a combo guard, not playing the point often, but it wouldnt hurt to log him minutes at both positions, especially if conley is hurt and Calathes is on suspension.

I think you need Lee in there to space the floor with the starters, but you can mix up the lineup later on. Maybe go with an Allen - Lee combo on the wing to start. Bring QPon on for energy and that is the rotation. I'm fine with Kalin Lucas as a steady presence at the lead guard slot.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#11 » by jman3134 » Sun Nov 9, 2014 1:45 am

Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:
jefe wrote:

Quality over quantity man. Stick around here and you'll read some good content. We are small, but all love the Grizz and post when we can.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies