Grizzlies(7-1) vs. Kings(5-3)

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Re: Grizzlies(7-1) vs. Kings(5-3) 

Post#21 » by dark-child » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:56 pm

jman3134 wrote:
dark-child wrote:I will be personally watching Jason Thompson and Derrrick Williams, hoping one of them could potentially land in Memphis via trade and solve the backup Power forward riddle we currently have. Jon Luer does not seem up for the challenge and Joerger is not considering the rookie (Stokes) at all right now. I would prefer not to have any major holes in our roster. Prior to the season, there was word Sacramento was looking to possibly unload a power forward.

Leuer has looked better than Randolph and Gasol thus far. Brought a spark, as did Koufas.

I couldn't watch as much of the game as I wanted to out of anger, because we really looked horrible at times. Then they seemed to do better when I turned the channel and would continue breaking my heart when I watched. For the record I had watched the last few possessions and thought all was lost with .06 seconds left but something told me to keep watching. The rest is history.

I think Jason Thompson can play both PF/C which is the type of versatility we like so packaging Koufos/Pondexter might be acceptable to Sac town. As for Luer, that ship has almost sailed, if he is playing scared now, what would be the situation if he needs to replace ZBO for an extended period due to injury?

BAD THINGS MAN, BAD THINGS
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,553

Post#22 » by BarbaGrizz » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:03 pm

DAMN!!!! I went to bed in the end of the 2nd quarter, and I had accepted the loss. Now I enter in ESPN and we won by 1!!!! WOW!!!!! 81-1 BABY!!!!!
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Post#23 » by jumivi » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:40 pm

Gasol plays hard the 4th quarter and a few min of the 3rd, Zbo going to the hoop in the last qrt.... they have to do that since the 1st min, if not...well...we just saw what happend.

Great great great win, we have to enjoy this moment.... 8-1.

Btw i think there is a rule that allow a player to cach and shoot when the clock is 0.03 or more, if the clock is less than that you can only tip in the ball.
Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Post#24 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:49 pm

dark-child wrote:
jman3134 wrote:
dark-child wrote:I will be personally watching Jason Thompson and Derrrick Williams, hoping one of them could potentially land in Memphis via trade and solve the backup Power forward riddle we currently have. Jon Luer does not seem up for the challenge and Joerger is not considering the rookie (Stokes) at all right now. I would prefer not to have any major holes in our roster. Prior to the season, there was word Sacramento was looking to possibly unload a power forward.

Leuer has looked better than Randolph and Gasol thus far. Brought a spark, as did Koufas.

I couldn't watch as much of the game as I wanted to out of anger, because we really looked horrible at times. Then they seemed to do better when I turned the channel and would continue breaking my heart when I watched. For the record I had watched the last few possessions and thought all was lost with .06 seconds left but something told me to keep watching. The rest is history.

I think Jason Thompson can play both PF/C which is the type of versatility we like so packaging Koufos/Pondexter might be acceptable to Sac town. As for Luer, that ship has almost sailed, if he is playing scared now, what would be the situation if he needs to replace ZBO for an extended period due to injury?

I'd give up prince's expiring and maybe a 2nd rounder. I really hope koufos isn't going anywhere, unless obviously in the unlikely event that some team offers up a player for him that's on a whole other level.

But i think sacramento is going to hold off trading anyone for quite a while, i think they're still figuring out which one of landry/thompson fits best next to cousins and they'll probably try out derrick williams at some point as well.
Dynomike
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#25 » by Dynomike » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:15 am

Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:
dark-child wrote:
jman3134 wrote:

I'd give up prince's expiring and maybe a 2nd rounder. I really hope koufos isn't going anywhere, unless obviously in the unlikely event that some team offers up a player for him that's on a whole other level.

But i think sacramento is going to hold off trading anyone for quite a while, i think they're still figuring out which one of landry/thompson fits best next to cousins and they'll probably try out derrick williams at some point as well.

Koufos is really underrated. As an every night starter he doesn't add a great deal, but he's a fantastic backup. If he gets traded it better be a big upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#26 » by jman3134 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:59 pm

dark-child wrote:
jman3134 wrote:

Leuer will never be seen as anything more than a backup big here. If there aren't any injuries, then we can poach players in free agency or have a strong draft.

If there are, then I wouldn't target Jason Thompson - would rather have one of the four bigs on Utah - strong depth at PF/C there. Either Booker or Gobert are going to be very good.
Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

Post#27 » by Zordor » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:42 pm

Koufos is really underrated. As an every night starter he doesn't add a great deal, but he's a fantastic backup. If he gets traded it better be a big upgrade.

Check out my thread on this forum LAC/MEM/CAVS and tell me what you think of that, I agree, Koufus is underated.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies