And1: 2,413

SacKings to Protest Grizzlies Buzzer Beater 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:01 pm

Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Re: SacKings to Protest Grizzlies Buzzer Beater 

Post#2 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:38 pm

I'm pretty sure hollins grazed the ball because i can't imagine vince would throw such a bad pass. As far as the game clock, it obviously started too late but even if it hadn't there's no way any human being can catch a ball, bring it down, back up and release it in 0.3 seconds imo.

I wouldn't be surprised if the league overturns the decision, but i'm keeping my hopes up for the simple reason that i can't remember the last time they've ever done that.
KJarrett
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#3 » by KJarrett » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:49 pm

Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:I'm pretty sure hollins grazed the ball because i can't imagine vince would throw such a bad pass. As far as the game clock, it obviously started too late but even if it hadn't there's no way any human being can catch a ball, bring it down, back up and release it in 0.3 seconds imo.

I wouldn't be surprised if the league overturns the decision, but i'm keeping my hopes up for the simple reason that i can't remember the last time they've ever done that.

They have never overturn a call in history!
Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Post#4 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:52 pm

KJarrett wrote:
Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:I'm pretty sure hollins grazed the ball because i can't imagine vince would throw such a bad pass. As far as the game clock, it obviously started too late but even if it hadn't there's no way any human being can catch a ball, bring it down, back up and release it in 0.3 seconds imo.

They have never overturn a call in history!

That's good news, let's hope they won't start now. But unfortunately there's still a slight risk they'll do it as a way to promote their new replay center that gets mentioned about 50 times a game.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#5 » by jman3134 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:54 am

That's absurd. They looked at it in the booth live....spent time at the end of the game. Can't change the call weeks after the fact. Can't imagine that's a good precedent to set.
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Post#6 » by bobobolas10 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:29 am

I wouldnt be surprised if the steal this one from us. For the NBA it doesnt matter if a few days have passed. Actually, it could be be overturned in April when we might need most the wins and Zbo wont be allowed to play a 7th game never again as a plus.
"Take that for Data!"
Dynomike
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#7 » by Dynomike » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:58 pm

I've watched the replays multiple times and tried to watch as unbiased as possible and I don't think the Kings have much to go on here. If the NBA is doing like the NFL with replays there has to be "irrefutable evidence" but it still looks like a 50/50 call at absolute best for the Kings. The play happened so fast and it comes off as desperate to argue about less than 1/10th of a second when Courtney Lee was so wide open.

I've got a soft spot for the Kings but maybe worry about blowing consecutive huge leads instead of pouting about a bang-bang play. Hollins might have tipped the in bounds pass, however I've yet to see a conclusive angle or still shot of it happening. He didn't appear to argue about it much with Carter directly after the game-not that you can expect an emotionally invested player to have an honest repsonse so I take that with a grain of salt.

By the time the decision from the league comes it'll have very little impact for the Grizzlies. They proved to themselves as a team that they could overcome that situation, which will ultimately be worth much more than a single win when the playoffs roll around. It's an incredible confidence booster just because of how they fought back. The loss really helps Sacramento too. They don't get rewarded with a consolation prize victory, rather it forces the entire team to grow and learn from a very difficult defeat. Again, ultimately worth so much more than another W.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies