ImageImage

Cavs pursuing Prince

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

Cavs pursuing Prince 

Post#1 » by Zordor » Sat Dec 6, 2014 3:59 am

So the Cavs have shown interest in Prince to use up their Trade Exception from bogans to open up cap at the end of the year, but who or what would they be willing to trade to acquire him? Bogans TE is 5.3m where Prince's contract is 7.7m, also I am sure the cavs do not want to go over the tax threshold. That being said, I am not even sure where to begin for a Cavs/MEM trade, would it be a swap of the guards so to say? or have memphis take in a bum contract and picks for the Cavs to have cap relief?

As a Grizzlies fan I would be willing to do this, and not from a talent standpoint mind you but just I think the Cavs do it because they want the cap and to stay under tax.

Prince and Pondexter for Mike Miller, Joe Harris, and Brendan Haywood and the rights to have our pick back or atleast to make it unprotected so we can just give it up this year and dont have to wait till we actually get a decent draft position.

Harris is a defensive wingman imo, he also adds good outside shooting, Mike Miller is a good player and I am not going to refan the whole flame of Miller vs Carter, I think we got last year carter trumped miller, but miller really wanted to finish his career in memphis and we did him wrong so this is a chance to get him back and let him be a glue player for us on the wing, and gives us a bench bigman on an acceptable contract. This also gives us the freedom to offload adams for a stretch 4 like Perry Jones , harkless, or even find a trade for shumpert

Gives the Cavs the cap they want without going into the luxury and it gives them a defensive 3-D guy in Pondexter to take the place of harris/miller

But let me hear your ideas on what they might do.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Re: Cavs pursuing Prince 

Post#2 » by SD2042 » Sun Dec 7, 2014 1:15 am

I think it's nothing but smoke. From looking on the Cavs roster, I don't see anyone on the roster I want. That's including Waiters and Thompson. And why the Cavs are supposedly interested in Prince is baffling to say the least.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies