ImageImage

Deng or Green?

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

Deng or Green? 

Post#1 » by Zordor » Thu Jan 8, 2015 8:04 pm

Personally I like Deng better even though he will cost more, but there is some talk (found on one of Boston's news outlets and passed on by a blogger) that memphis put this on the table but Ainge hasnt bit on it yet.

Turner-Pressey-Green for Prince-Pondexter-Adams and 2016 second rounder and 2017 Second
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie
And1: 544

Re: Deng or Green? 

Post#2 » by I Am Awesome-O » Thu Jan 8, 2015 9:54 pm

Giving up Adams would be a colossal mistake IMO.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#3 » by Andrew McCeltic » Thu Jan 8, 2015 10:00 pm

You can't get Turner AND Green from us..

The surprising rumor to me is that BOS/MEM/CLE talked about a Green to Memphis, Koufos to Cleveland deal..
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie

Post#4 » by I Am Awesome-O » Thu Jan 8, 2015 10:13 pm

andy582 wrote:You can't get Turner AND Green from us..

The surprising rumor to me is that BOS/MEM/CLE talked about a Green to Memphis, Koufos to Cleveland deal..

Really wish that deal went down. Would've been perfect for everyone. I guess Cleveland ultimately preferred Mozgov over Koufos.
Zordor
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by Zordor » Thu Jan 8, 2015 10:13 pm

Blatt has worked with Mozgov before thats why
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie

Post#6 » by I Am Awesome-O » Thu Jan 8, 2015 10:14 pm

Zordor wrote:Blatt has worked with Mozgov before thats why

I assumed as much. It makes sense.
Who-rod
Starter
And1: 254

Post#7 » by Who-rod » Thu Jan 8, 2015 10:16 pm

The Celtics might have some interest in Koufos. He's a better defender than Mozgov by almost all advanced metrics.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#8 » by Andrew McCeltic » Thu Jan 8, 2015 10:20 pm

You guys like Green for Koufos? I assumed he was off limits because he's your only real backup center.. But if you're talking Green for Prince/Koufos(/Adams?), even if Boston doesn't want Kosta, you can probably find a third team to give up a first-rounder for him.. You can have Pressey- or Jameer or Wright, in a month- but I think Turner has played too well to be a give-away- he's a big rotation guy now, and if they deal him this year or next, I think they can get a first-rounder..
Who-rod
Starter

Post#9 » by Who-rod » Thu Jan 8, 2015 10:23 pm

I like Turner, but I don't think he'd be a deal breaker in any scenario where the return offers legit value to the Celtics.
Zordor
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by Zordor » Thu Jan 8, 2015 10:38 pm

Who-rod wrote:The Celtics might have some interest in Koufos. He's a better defender than Mozgov by almost all advanced metrics.

Apparently they have a lot of interest in Koufos and Adams, more so in Koufos, but they have a loaded Front court right now and memphis doesnt want to trade him for something subpar
Who-rod
Starter

Post#11 » by Who-rod » Thu Jan 8, 2015 10:50 pm

I think there's a way to make it work, but it would be a complicated, and fairly large deal. I think it would also have to include Pondexter, something the Celtics can't possibly want on their books.

Celtics send: Wright, Nelson or Turner, and Green (wright has to be traded alone in a separate deal as per rule)
Grizz send: Koufos, Adams, and Prince

This Gets the Celtics the defensive center they've been looking for, and a young asset that is better than an undetermined late pick years down the road. Koufos is a FA after the year, but so is Wright, so that's a relative net push.

This gets Koufos to the Celtics, without leaving the Grizz too thin at PF/C. From the Celtics perspective, I'm sure we'd rather keep Turner and Quincy out of the deal.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#12 » by Andrew McCeltic » Thu Jan 8, 2015 10:57 pm

Zordor wrote:
Who-rod wrote:The Celtics might have some interest in Koufos. He's a better defender than Mozgov by almost all advanced metrics.

Apparently they have a lot of interest in Koufos and Adams, more so in Koufos, but they have a loaded Front court right now and memphis doesnt want to trade him for something subpar

Where are you hearing this?

Remember the Celtics probably have other teams interested in Green (surprisingly- because he's a scarce type this year)..
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,553

Post#13 » by BarbaGrizz » Fri Jan 9, 2015 1:46 pm

Who-rod wrote:I think there's a way to make it work, but it would be a complicated, and fairly large deal. I think it would also have to include Pondexter, something the Celtics can't possibly want on their books.

Celtics send: Wright, Nelson or Turner, and Green (wright has to be traded alone in a separate deal as per rule)
Grizz send: Koufos, Adams, and Prince

This Gets the Celtics the defensive center they've been looking for, and a young asset that is better than an undetermined late pick years down the road. Koufos is a FA after the year, but so is Wright, so that's a relative net push.

This gets Koufos to the Celtics, without leaving the Grizz too thin at PF/C. From the Celtics perspective, I'm sure we'd rather keep Turner and Quincy out of the deal.

It´s a deal, either with Nelson or Turner.
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
Kids Are Alright
Veteran
And1: 137

Post#14 » by Kids Are Alright » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:18 am

Jeff's gonna be great for you guys, joining Tony Allen and Courtney Lee in rounding your bench out nicely. I just wish that you gave us something in return. The west is so heartless.
Tanking :nonono: Live for the day 8-)
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#15 » by SD2042 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:26 am

Kids Are Alright wrote:Jeff's gonna be great for you guys, joining Tony Allen and Courtney Lee in rounding your bench out nicely. I just wish that you gave us something in return. The west is so heartless.

The West is the best for a reason and the east is the least for a reason. If I'm the east, I do everything to get some dominate name brands who can change the structure of the Eastern Conference. Go beyond the guards. Get some SFs' PFs' and Cs' who can change things like Shaq did when he left the Magic in the wind :nonono: and join the Lakers back in 96. Do that for the east.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#16 » by jman3134 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:50 pm

Am I the only one upset that we are giving up QPon - a legit defensive presence off the bench and a good spot up shooter at times? Sure, he forces it sometimes and takes some tough shots when the team is up pretty big, but he has been a valuable member of our core for a while. I was disappointed that he had to be included.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#17 » by SD2042 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:40 am

jman3134 wrote:Am I the only one upset that we are giving up QPon - a legit defensive presence off the bench and a good spot up shooter at times? Sure, he forces it sometimes and takes some tough shots when the team is up pretty big, but he has been a valuable member of our core for a while. I was disappointed that he had to be included.

Considering how Q-Pon plays, yes he's decent for a backup. No mistakes on that. My issues with him came down to his history of injuries which lead to him struggling to find the player he once was before the Grizzlies signed him to the four yr deal. To me, these issues made him a liability on the team and therefore was subjected to be traded to another team. I think with the Pels needing some backup pieces in the worst way, perhaps Q-Pon can find his way back into playing consistent once again. I wish him the best down in the Crescent City.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies