ImageImage

SAC/MEM trade idea

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

SAC/MEM trade idea 

Post#1 » by Zordor » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:19 am

SAC is looking for front court presence above the rim defender, a veteran, and some wing depth but not competing with mclemore so I thought, Memphis could think long term with this deal while not hurting their title chances, and maybe even extending them further.

Memphis trades Koufos/Adams/Carter for Hollins/Williams/Stauskas?

Gets Kings an above the rim defender, veteran presence, and Adams fills that role of being good but not TOO good as in competing with Mclemore for the starting spot

Memphis gets a long term asset on the wing and has Hollins fill Koufos minutes, we dont need a starter caliber center behind Gasol, also Williams gives us salary coming off the books again at the end of the year so if Jeff opts out we will have enough money to sign someone worth some cash while also giving Marc a max deal or pay Jeff a little more money , pay Gasol the max and save some money to pay Conley the max 2016, and more than likely Memphis eyes signing someone like Samuel Dalembert or such for the rest of the season
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Re: SAC/MEM trade idea 

Post#2 » by dark-child » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:15 pm

It is not bad, but the asset you want most is Stauskas and I don't feel he is currently good enough or will be to warrant two rotation players and a promising asset just to acquire him and filler. I would personally pass on making a deal for him.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies