Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

MLK Celebration 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:23 am

http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/mlk-d ... ion-150107

New events added will feature Vince Carter and Bob Lanier

Posted: Jan 07, 2015

The Memphis Grizzlies will be hosting their 13th Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Day on Monday, Jan. 19 when they play the Dallas Mavericks at 4 p.m. This year’s celebration features a star-studded lineup of NBA greats including four-time NBA All-Star Earl “The Pearl” Monroe, five-time NBA All-Star Chauncey Billups and Courage Award winner Jason Collins who will be honored for their contributions to civil and human rights with the 10th Annual Sports Legacy Award presented by FedEx during the MLK Jr. Celebration Day events. The yearly high school classic, symposium and matchup will be preceded by two new events added to the celebration lineup. The Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration Day Events are presented by the Memphis Grizzlies, the National Civil Rights Museum, the City of Memphis and Shelby County.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Re: MLK Celebration 

Post#2 » by jman3134 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:51 pm

Did anyone go to any of these?
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Re: MLK Celebration 

Post#3 » by SD2042 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:35 pm

Being here in Memphis, I generally go to the Civil Rights Museum from year to year to visit the place to remind me of what it stands for and what it means to Memphis in terms of the role the city played in to the sanitation strike, Dr. King's last speech, and his unfortunate death. History regardless of how it starts or ends is vital to all of us because it shapes us for whatever role we have to play on this earth. To make a difference in your life, someone else's life, or become a trendsetter who creates something out of nothing.

If you're ever get a chance to visit Memphis, regardless if it's for MLK weekend or whatever, I would suggest take a visit to Civil Rights Museum. It was renovated on last year to meet better quality expectations. I could do a better job by hitting up the symposiums they set up each year and going to the annual games is always cool to take in. I skip this year so I'll probably hit one up on next season.

Otherwise, there are lots of activities to be involve in around the MLK Weekend Celebration

Return to Memphis Grizzlies