Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Grizzlies(47-20) @ Pistons(23-43) 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:48 am

Image @ Image

Who: Memphis Grizzlies(47-20) vs. Detroit Pistons(23-43)
When: Tuesday, March 17th, 2015
Where: The Palace of Auburn Hills in Auburn Hills, MI
Time: 6:30 PM CST
TV/Radio: SPSO, ESPN 92.9 FM
Season Series: Grizzlies lead 1-0
Series Overall: Pistons lead 21-16
Team Trivia: Grizzlies SF Jeff Green was acquired from the Celtics in January in a trade that sent former Grizzlies now current Pistons SF Tayshuan Prince to the Celtics in the deal. Grizzlies SGs Courtney Lee and Vince Carter respectively played for current Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy during his coaching tenure with the Orlando Magic.

GrizzGirls

The Palace of Auburn Hills

Grizzlies Starters

ImageImageImageImageImage

Pistons Starters

ImageImageImageImageImage
kurtis48239
General Manager
And1: 1,056

Re: Grizzlies(47-20) @ Pistons(23-43) 

Post#2 » by kurtis48239 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:05 am

Det fan,nice thread.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#3 » by SD2042 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:23 am

kurtis48239 wrote:Det fan,nice thread.

Thx man.
FerreroRocherrr
Pro Prospect
And1: 456

Post#4 » by FerreroRocherrr » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:27 am

Didn't watch but looked at the box score.

Lack of 4th quarter scoring again???
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#5 » by SD2042 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:27 am

I don't know what the hell is going on with this team. Too many let downs in the second half and not enough better results. I wonder if there is something else going on behind the scenes that hasn't come to surface yet?
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#6 » by dark-child » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:19 pm

While I would say that these losses are becoming a bit discouraging, you can really almost set your watch to them. They play down to the competition regardless of who it is.
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Post#7 » by jumivi » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:03 pm

dark-child wrote:While I would say that these losses are becoming a bit discouraging, you can really almost set your watch to them. They play down to the competition regardless of who it is.

I tell u before, im done with DJ.
the subtitutions sucks badly, our offense too.
Our record when we made 100+ pts is 31-2.
Birth of the Cool
Analyst
And1: 1,449

Post#8 » by Birth of the Cool » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:42 pm

I'm also not a big Joerger fan. He does some very good things in X's and O's but is stubborn also in his play calling and substitutions. He's relied too heavily on his starters (now Conley hurt / not enough playing time for Adams) and I feel it's the talent on the floor that's winning the games fare more than the in-game coaching (which I suppose is normally the case anyways but still I feel some better substitutions/feel for the game eeks out a few more wins for the Grizz this year).

The Grizzlies need more plays to set up 3pt shots. They rely to heavily on Zach and when teams start double / triple teaming Zach the whole offensive scheme goes in disarray. Watch a smart offensive team/coached well team like Dallas and they are developing 3pt opportunities on their offensive sets all the time. Grizz also just need smarter plays out there - there was a great Nick to Green alley-oop in the 1st half and Vince basically pointed out this/the correct play when Green was running past the 3 pt line - this is stuff that should come natural to the Grizz PG's but too many times easy opportunities seem to be missed.

To me Zach and Conley are the heart of this team. I feel Gasol is way to timid (how many open shots does he not take...there was one play last night he passed on an open short jumper on the baseline then drove to the rim and passed on an open layup just to make a 3 foot pass in traffic...) and frankly his offensive repertoire is pretty basic. He's got his awkward drive from the left block running hook, he flat footed set shot from the high post, left block spin to baseline, high post fadeaway and then the open mid-range shots when they come...you don't feel secure in any of those things (it's like watching Dwight work the post), not like Zach where you feel he is setting up his man and killing him..Gasol's move seem more frantic and out of control/unsure. Also too many times Gasol gives up offensive rebounds to aggressive big men - his only reaction is not to fight it out like Zach but to kinda flop looking for over the back or fouls to be called against his opponents.

Nice to see Vince start to play not like total crap lately. Hopefully by the time playoffs come around he will be good for 20 minutes a game and 2-3 3pts a game. He had some really tough defensive rebounds in traffic last night when the game was close - he wanted that game...to bad...

If Joerger can trust his bench a bit more and give his starters more energy for late game and if Gasol can find his heart by the time the Playoffs start then this team is a contender - this will be a nice stretch coming up to see what the Grizzlies are made of.
Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Post#9 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:29 pm

^^ sums it up pretty much perfectly.

Personally i'm baffled that stokes is still forced to sit in a suit. I felt like the wizards game (among some other games where he got minutes) should've been treated as a coming out party. Whenever the team starts looking complacent just put him in for a couple of minutes to give the team a jolt of energy. A hustle player like that could get the team going when needed.

I mean seriously, what kind of a message is joerger sending to the team? Ok so you rest your best players and give others a chance, great. Now, stokes shows you everything (hustle, conviction, iq, good hands, etc) you could possibly want in that game and next thing you know joerger puts him back on the inactive list... Doesn't make sense to me. If we had a great coach like pop i'm pretty sure he'd find some minutes to reward that kind of play, especially if his players were playing as lackadaisical as ours are. And that's been the main problem all season long imo, mentality. So if you see a capable player with the mentality you're looking for, reward him. Show the team/fans it doesn't go unnoticed.

And please get calathes out of the rotation or at least lower his minutes. It's turnover city anytime he checks in. I'd say the same about vince (brick city) but i'm obviously biased so i'll say at least he makes enough smart plays to make up for the bricks and lack of defense.
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#10 » by vanjulio » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:25 am

I was wondering wh STOKES gets no time. Lauer doestn get enough burn to get goin either. Or that matter - KOUFOS minutes are not enough either. I think ZBO and GASOL need their time managed more economically. I hate resting players b;t just manage minutes more. Always have felt that way. If you have 12 players in jerseys --- Do your JOB!!!!!
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die

Return to Memphis Grizzlies