Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Grizzlies(2-0) @ TrailBlazers(0-2) 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:47 pm

Image @ Image

Who: Memphis Grizzlies(2-0) @ Portland TrailBlazers(0-2)
When: Saturday, April 25th, 2015
Where: Moda Center in Portland, OR
Time: 9:30 PM CST
TV/Radio: ESPN, ESPN 92.9 FM
Season Series: Grizzlies won 4-0
Series Overall: Blazers lead 42-34
Playoff Series Grizzlies lead 2-0
Team Trivia: Grizzlies PF Zach Randolph and Blazers C Chris Kaman were once teammates with the L.A. Clippers during the 2008-2009 season.

GrizzGirls

Moda Center

Grizzlies Starters

ImageImageImageImageImage

TrailBlazers Starters

ImageImageImageImageImage
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Re: Grizzlies(2-0) @ TrailBlazers(0-2) 

Post#2 » by SD2042 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:53 pm

Update: Grizzlies PG Beno Udrih came down on his ankle in the last game. He missed shoot around this morning and is likely to miss tonight's matchup on the road. Blazers SG Arron Afflalo was given the green light to play in tonight's game. This move will look to help Damian Lillard out as he has not been able to handle the pressure on being the lone backcourt offense by himself.
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Post#3 » by bobobolas10 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:35 am

Great win! Those Tony Allen minutes with 4-5 minutes to go give us the strenght needed when it looked like the Blazers were closing on us.

This time I will focus on the things I dont like so far. Gasol a ZBO jumpers are not falling. They keep trying but the % must be horrible. Looks like our playbook doesnt include Jeff Green, Beside some screens from Gasol, he basically bullies his way to the basket or open shots when his defender goes to double or to help. Nick Calathes, on the offensive end, mixes great plays with fool turnovers of a rookie player in the preseason. On the defensive end it is more or less the same. We are lucky D.Lillard/blake are horrible. On that matter, I gotta be honest I havent watched a single game from the blazers this year but I am very disapointed with Lillard´s perfomance. I expected a PO performance like Westbrook or C.Paul.

All in all, our prayers with Conley and Udrih to have them back fully healed as soon as possible. We might see Mr. Lee playing sometime at the PG spot.
"Take that for Data!"
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Post#4 » by bobobolas10 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:35 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Obo7jsNIVQ

Will we see any of this in game 4?

As I was watching the game and Conley got injured, I watched lots of Blazers fan at moda center stading up and aplauding Conley as he was walking to the locker and I thought to myself "Thats class", Later on I checked the Blazers post of the game and not all of them were that classy :crazy: , some other were cool to be honest.
"Take that for Data!"
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#5 » by jman3134 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:47 pm

I fell asleep in the second quarter just because I was drained. The Grizz were playing very well early and Aldridge looked like his confidence was slipping. Still, they were hanging around closer than I was expecting.

Flash forward to the fourth via nba.com recap and they were back in it.

Conley injury is huge for us. Wish we still had Russ Smith on active roster. We need to rest Conley and Beno next game imo. Either take it back to Memphis if Lillard dominates us, or beat them like we did last night. These guys need to be fresh for the next round.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#6 » by SD2042 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:06 am

Conley is reported to be back in Memphis to tend to his facial injury. He will miss game 4 on Monday night. I wonder now with him and Beno injured now will it be Calathes starting at PG or will it be Lee playing at the point on some possessions. This team can't afford to have more injuries happening to them as they are likely to face the Warriors in the next round.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies