ImageImage

Round 2: G6: Grizzlies(2-3) @ Warriors(3-2)

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Re: Round 2: G5: Grizzlies(2-2) @ Warriors(2-2) 

Post#81 » by SD2042 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:13 am

Somebody tell Vince to stop taking jumpshots.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#82 » by SD2042 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:28 am

The Warriors double teaming the post has render the Grizzlies into jump shooters like last game. Gasol should've went for the dunk when he caused Bogut to lose his balance. So far, the game is only this close b/c the pace of the tempo hasn't been up to the Warriors standards this far.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#83 » by SD2042 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:30 am

Floyd Mayweather checking the game out.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#84 » by SD2042 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:35 am

The refs are missing some calls, but the Grizz are not helping themselves with multiple TOs at all.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#85 » by SD2042 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:06 am

Falling asleep on defense and rebounding.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#86 » by SD2042 » Thu May 14, 2015 5:19 am

What did we learn today?

We got our asses kicked and handed to us. Play like garbage. This will happen.
When you get a lead, HOLD ON TO IT!
Double teams once again render the Grizzlies into jump shooters. 4-15 from 3 and 39% from the field.
Gasol auditioning for the Harlem Globetrotters. :noway: Get back to being aggressive.
With TA out, Klay Thompson did go off as expected.
Turnovers turned into opportunities for the Warriors.
Man to man defense has been terrible the last two games. :banghead:
The bench was lousy as usual. Won't count the third stringers as the game was way out of hand.
The team is down 3-2. Their backs are against the wall. Either win and get to game seven or stay home for the offseason amid necessary changes to the roster.
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Post#87 » by bobobolas10 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:09 am

Can anybody tell me exactly at what point did Mr Joerger think that playing Calathes was a good idea? It is a joke to see him playing in a nba playoff game and disrespectful for any player.

Regarding VC shoting jumpers... what can I say? The only good things I saw from him a couple of defensive boards and a three pointer.

Did C.Lee played last night? not sure if he did and I watched the whole game.

Zbo did what he could but that was not enough, good start but thats all. It is being difficult for him to create his own shots.

MG disapointing like most games of this series. missing 8 straight and really poor %. Why dont he attack the basket more often? I know the refs are not calling those fouls as usual but at some point they will have to.

Last point, DEFENSE. The only good point is that it cant get any worse. If it were 2k15, id select "crash the defensive board" and give up the fastbreak points. Crash all 5 players to the zone and BOX OUT. cant believe how many balls they are allowed to tip to the three point line. It was embarrasing...
"Take that for Data!"
Birth of the Cool
Analyst
And1: 1,446

Post#88 » by Birth of the Cool » Thu May 14, 2015 9:22 pm

The thing is C. Lee takes shot within the offense and when he's open. I don't think he should be criticized for it - but the Coach & the Star players on this team always look to the post and don't really swing the ball to open guys in the perimeter unless it's by the defenses design (the D on TA for example). There are so many times the PG's start the top of the 3pt pnr with the 5 man and either try to finish themselves or drop off to the rolling big man (lots of turnovers here btw) instead of passing the ball to the weakside corner 3 teammate...it's just in their DNA not to look to the perimeter and the forced shots & forced short passes resulting in misses or turnovers is killing them.

Warrior look to expose Conley by forcing him to switch on their 2/3 on pick & rolls...Grizzlies only look for mismatches with their 4/5's and I guess Green sometimes. Also this series would be far more interesting with a healthy Conley - he's clearly playing injured and it's hurting the team big time.

Grizzlies never push the ball. Green & CLee would be helped tremendously by getting some fastbreak opportunities but the Grizz are so afraid of increasing tempo against the Warrior that they slow everything down.

Carter's career good 3pt shooting has disappeared. He's also super slow on D now. He is showing his age & the only thing he's bringing to the table is rebounding. If he doesn't hit his 3pts at a 38-40% clip he's a major liability to the team. I say if Vince isn't contributing right away then give Adams the burn...

Outside of a game here or there Gasol somehow can't take advantage of a much smaller DG guarding him, and worse in turn Green as the smaller man is running past Gasol for easy transition buckets or confusing him with those 3pt daggers. Grizzlies only chance is if Gasol gets the better of this key matchup - which you would think he would, but that hasn't been the case for most of the series.

Finally, the Coach has been exposed - I don't think this team can have Championship aspirations as long as he is the Coach of this team.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#89 » by SD2042 » Fri May 15, 2015 2:55 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... -In-Game-6

Obviously Klay Thompson went off as planned with TA sidelined in the last game. How effective he will be in game 6 will be questionable at best.

If this team want to win on Friday, they need to slow down the tempo of the Warriors. Obviously they can't keep up with the pace of their offense. Just slow them down defensively enough to give themselves a chance on the offensive side of the ball. Also, the need to get Draymond Green, and perhaps Harrison Barnes into foul trouble needs to be something worth considering as they have been the factors for the Warriors offense and second chance rebounding/points in the last two games. Get back to rebounding, boxing out, throw some bows around to make these guys think twice for rebounding in the post. Make these guys pay for double teaming by driving down the post and draw some fouls on the oncoming defender or do a stop and pop and score that way.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Re: Round 2: G6: Grizzlies(2-3) @ Warriors(3-2) 

Post#90 » by SD2042 » Sat May 16, 2015 2:36 am

The Grizzlies are in fighting distance, but still the Warriors are still on point with the offensive production.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#91 » by SD2042 » Sat May 16, 2015 2:50 am

Nice shot by CLee.

From what I'm gathering so far, the Warriors are letting the Grizz hang around a bit in-spite of the score. The Grizz are getting to the line but still getting outrebounded. Work on that. Also the Warriors have more TOs' than the Grizzlies. They need to exploit that and turn them into points. Also get their Warriors frontcourt into foul trouble. The backcourt has to get going on offense for them to have a chance to win.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#92 » by SD2042 » Sat May 16, 2015 3:07 am

Grizzlies getting into the grill of the Warriors a bit. Down by four. Can they keep it up?
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#93 » by SD2042 » Sat May 16, 2015 3:13 am

Good defense by Gasol! Good shot by Z-Bo!
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#94 » by SD2042 » Sat May 16, 2015 3:15 am

Draymond Green picks up his fourth foul. GTFO!
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#95 » by SD2042 » Sat May 16, 2015 3:23 am

Warriors got a run going. Grizz need to shut it down and fast.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#96 » by SD2042 » Sat May 16, 2015 3:26 am

The refs would miss the foul call on Iggy just as Curry bombards a 3ball from long distance. :nonono:
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#97 » by SD2042 » Sat May 16, 2015 3:34 am

Grizz look deflated and defeated after that Curry 3ball.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#98 » by SD2042 » Sat May 16, 2015 3:49 am

The way the Warriors keep hitting threes the Grizzlies season is a wrap.
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#99 » by vanjulio » Sat May 16, 2015 4:15 am

In my opinion this was the most disappointing season of the last 5 playoff appearances, #1 this is by far the best talented roster we ever had. [[[. or is it overrated? ]]] #2. The Grizzled have always been overachievers and fighters. Even with the inspiration of Conley playing with his face injury they could not rally to the occasion, softball female teams have nmre tenacity than I saw tonight,

#3. Grizzled have the deepest bench since I began watching them after they moved from Vancouver. The bench has been non-existent in this series until tonight where VC and kk finally got going.

Conclusion:
Do not resign Marc Gasol. He is overrated. As much as I love him... its time to embrace the change of the NBA and go another direction, grit grind is dead.
We need a roster overhaul. ZBO is my favorite but objectively he did not help the team this series. We can't hold both ZBO and Gasol and expect the championship in Memphis . this was our window and it closed. Let gasol go. Keep zbo on his contract and move forward.

Obviously we have to part ways with Jeff Green and find a SF that fits the Grizzled team and is a winner. It might take draft or by a miracle we can get a free agent. I don't know. But our roster has to be redone. This loss tonight has no excuse. Really we lost mental physically and spiritually. I wish them luck in the offseasonandlook forward to analyzing our options goin forward. I had little to say until tonight because I believed our team was elite. I WAS WRONG. I doubt my own knowledge now of NBA and will likely take a step back from the sport as I no longer have the savvy I once I had
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

Post#100 » by Zordor » Sat May 16, 2015 5:33 am

vanjulio wrote:In my opinion this was the most disappointing season of the last 5 playoff appearances, #1 this is by far the best talented roster we ever had. [[[. or is it overrated? ]]] #2. The Grizzled have always been overachievers and fighters. Even with the inspiration of Conley playing with his face injury they could not rally to the occasion, softball female teams have nmre tenacity than I saw tonight,

#3. Grizzled have the deepest bench since I began watching them after they moved from Vancouver. The bench has been non-existent in this series until tonight where VC and kk finally got going.

Conclusion:
Do not resign Marc Gasol. He is overrated. As much as I love him... its time to embrace the change of the NBA and go another direction, grit grind is dead.
We need a roster overhaul. ZBO is my favorite but objectively he did not help the team this series. We can't hold both ZBO and Gasol and expect the championship in Memphis . this was our window and it closed. Let gasol go. Keep zbo on his contract and move forward.

Obviously we have to part ways with Jeff Green and find a SF that fits the Grizzled team and is a winner. It might take draft or by a miracle we can get a free agent. I don't know. But our roster has to be redone. This loss tonight has no excuse. Really we lost mental physically and spiritually. I wish them luck in the offseasonandlook forward to analyzing our options goin forward. I had little to say until tonight because I believed our team was elite. I WAS WRONG. I doubt my own knowledge now of NBA and will likely take a step back from the sport as I no longer have the savvy I once I had

If Memphis were to do painfully bad next year then, yeah, going into 2016 an overhaul wouldnt be unheard of in MOST cities, but this is Memphis and the Grit and Grind era is slowly coming to a close for Z-bo and Allen sure as they get older, but they still have 2-4 good years in them and only account for 15m in cap which is almost nothing for 2 starters of their caliber especially in 2016, sure Green had a rough playoff experience but I dont blame him , how many playoffs has he been in ? and also he got better each game and I think some blame falls on Joeger too for poor offensive execution and selection of rotations, but if you want my thoughts on the upcoming offseason for the grizzlies check out the new forum post

Return to Memphis Grizzlies