Proof its the Russ Smith Trade

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

Proof its the Russ Smith Trade 

Post#1 » by Zordor » Tue Jun 2, 2015 9:15 pm

Pre Draft workout #3
Isaiah Austin, Semaj Christon, K.J. McDaniels, Casey Prather, Russ Smith, Jarnell Stokes

I seriously think Memphis wanted Austin until he got Marfan Syndrome. But I think its awesome memphis had Stokes and Smith in the same workout, I am sure Russ was a target of memphis all along, they just played coy to seem disinterested to get him in a trade for basically the equivalent of a late second round pick and a cap dump (at the time), makes the sting of Jeff Green hurt a little less when said that way. But even though I really like Adams, I think KJ McDaniels would have been good too! Would have been ironic if we did draft McDaniels, would have had to have been one kind of workout :p Memphis definately keeping their cards close to thier chest this year though, no 1rst round talent in for a workout yet. And only one of 2 2nd round talents. Looking back at last year's mock draft, the only one right was Jabari Parker (and some Andrew Wiggins) , my guess is Memphis knows who they want and I wouldnt be surprised for a draft day deal, they just dont want to try players who are 10-20 in the mock out or it might jack up the other team's asking price. Even though he didnt see much daylight, Adams was a solid pick last year, even with Hood, Napier, and Anderson still on the board. I wouldnt be surprised for another surprise this year, they havent released the press release for the workout today yet, but the feeling is Memphis is going to pick their bigman prospect out of this workout as it had i believe 4 Centers 1 PF and a SG. Very interesting, definitely looking forward to what DJ has to say, he isnt very closed off when asked privately about his honest thoughts on players, thats how most people knew he disliked Q-Pon before i think even Q-Pon did, and why he thought Prince was still underrated and a great leader to the team but they needed to move on. Very interesting though.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies