ImageImage

LAL/MEM/HOU

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

LAL/MEM/HOU 

Post#1 » by Zordor » Tue Jun 9, 2015 1:13 am

LAL receives Jeff Green and 2016 TOR Second (MEM)

Memphis gets the 18th pick (HOU), Robert Sacre, Pap, 32nd pick (HOU)

Houston gets the 25th pick (MEM), the 27th pick(LAL) , Nick Young , Jon Leur, Nick Calathes

Why LAL? Jeff Green gives them a versatile wing to give kobe one last run, but the biggest thing he gives them is a 13-15MM cap hold (depending how much cap increases) going into 2016 FA, but they also offload Nick Young to free even more cap long term, who is coming off an injury and Byron Scott hates him and thinks his injury is a good opportunity to bench him or trade him. Basically a cap dump and hoping to get something out of Green.

Why Houston? They receive Nick Young who shoots the 3 ball better than Brewer and is something they wanted/needed out of brewer, Jon Leur also helps to space the floor on a cheap contract as well as Calathes gives them a proven backup guard which they will need even if Beverly stays, it also gives them 2 picks in the first round to give them more security over contracts and allows them to target two 1rst round talents

Why Memphis? Sacre is a cheap big who can sponge minutes left by Koufos, it gives them back a wing player in Pap, and even though he cannot add much more floor spacing, he is a cheaper alternative to what we were using Green for (Length and Athleticism), the 18th pick we can secure a good wing player like Anderson or even Dekker if he falls a bit or even a good PF, and the 32nd pick secures us a good bigman still in the second round but without the contract security so we can cut him if he doesnt work out. I chose Anderson because of his versatility on defense and ability to hit the 3 ball with consistency along with high BBIQ (3-D guy) , and I chose Jordan Mickey because of his athleticism and Defense and brings a change of pace to the front court where z-bo, gasol, sacre, and stokes are all guys that use their strength/size to get inside on offense. Also helps with keeping us out of the Lux this year.

Conley/Smith/Udrih
Lee/Adams/Carter
Allen/Anderson/Pap
Z-Bo/Jordan Mickey/Jamychal Green/Stokes
Gasol/Sacre

Most LAL fans seem to like it for the cap it opens in 2016 FA

Most Hou fans like it for team needs and it consolidates picks in a deep draft

What do MEM fans say?

Yes i know this does not work on the trade machine, but LAL have contracts coming up that it fits with
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Re: LAL/MEM/HOU 

Post#2 » by jumivi » Tue Jun 9, 2015 12:37 pm

can we trade our pick?
Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

Post#3 » by Zordor » Tue Jun 9, 2015 2:38 pm

We can as long as we are still picking in the first round, Stiepen rules just say you have to have A first round pick every other year, doesnt say you have to have yours. The other option is to have an agreement on second trade, meaning they split the trade up where the picks are traded during the draft and Green is conveyed the day after the draft, reason it would be done this way would be to secure his player option is enabled if he hadnt already. My feeling is if Green accepts his player option then we need to trade him right away and get all we can, if he opts out then we get a 10-11MM cap hold for him and we still have another 8MM cap hold from Steven Hunter, so in theory if we wanted to get close to or go over the lux we could target danny green, Demare Carroll, monta ellis and put out competitive offers for Middleton and Matthews , I think Memphis might just have to go into the lux this year to go all in and it shouldnt have too much repercussion in 2016 as cap raises, if Green opts in we can go in and still use the 8MM on Danny Green and look to trade Jeff for a high efficiency, low usage role player and a pick.
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Post#4 » by jumivi » Tue Jun 9, 2015 3:30 pm

But we can renunce to Hunter so his cap hold doesnt count?

About the trade:

we give leuer, pick 2nd 2016, calathes, pick 1st 25 2015, and Green
for
pick 1st 18 2015, Sacre, Pap, and pick 32 2015

value:
leuer + calathes + pick 2nd 2016 = Pap + pick 32 2015
Green + pick 25 2016 > Sacre + pick 18

If we are really in love with someone and is avaiable at 18, maybe...but i just really hope for a system change, and still have faith in Green.
ferk
Starter
And1: 689

Post#5 » by ferk » Thu Jul 2, 2015 9:15 pm

maybe revisit a deal along these lines .

Return to Memphis Grizzlies